Vae

The Consumerism Thread

234 posts in this topic

Post the last significant thing you purchased with an amount of real-world currency.
(Keep it legal and any images SFW, please.)

No, this isn't the same thing as the Recent Buys thread in Three Frags, which is about videogames.

Capture1112.thumb.PNG.5d549a8fb9d43db1d0Capture111.thumb.PNG.5db1ebe3a018f9fee5f

I got small bottles of both of these for around $1.50 a pop,
and they're basically sex for the nose.

I wanna get a larger bottle of the nag champa, but I need to wait until I have more money.

The last things I bought were a gyro, an ice cream cone, and tickets to Ant-Man.
Saturday was a good day.

1 person likes this

I think this was the last significant thing I bought, although actually it was a present so it may not count:

It's a The-Re-Miiiiiiin!!! :D

Theremini%20Front%20-%20black_0.jpg

5 people like this

If it helps, I'd highly recommend this model as it has an in-built memory of 32 configurable patches. It's more like a hand-controlled synth than a true theremin.

1 person likes this

Fishnet stockings for Halloween and a new Bicycle.

I'm actually trying to sell some things. I've got a couple of Bose systems I no longer need.

Last thing I bought was fish food for my fish. $5 for a big whopping can.

I don't know that they're significant, but they're what I've bought today:

• A new video card for the girlfriend's PC as her current one has a dead fan and bulging caps (since I can just swap it out for a $28 replacement, it's a better use of my time and money than getting new caps and soldering them in);
  • a quick release plate for this tripod I picked up dirt-cheap at the community garage sale last month;
  • a pair of 80mm sleeve bearing fans

So today was mostly an "I hate technology" sort of day.

I don't know that they're significant, but they're what I've bought today:

• A new video card for the girlfriend's PC as her current one has a dead fan and bulging caps (since I can just swap it out for a $28 replacement, it's a better use of my time and money than getting new caps and soldering them in);
  • a quick release plate for this tripod I picked up dirt-cheap at the community garage sale last month;
  • a pair of 80mm sleeve bearing fans

So today was mostly an "I hate technology" sort of day.

Ship me the GPU! I love to do component-level boardwork! :3

1 person likes this

Ordered a 22HD and an ergotron arm recently. Waiting to see if I need any extra cables or adapters once those get here.

I guess there was also ~$40 worth of petrol but that's the most boring purchase outside of groceries.

Ship me the GPU! I love to do component-level boardwork! :3

OK, it's all yours once the new one is in and validated.

2015-10-31_23.46.20.thumb.jpg.b33157eed3

I never usually buy stuff like this. I didn't have the queasy feeling that normally accompanies the rare purchases of this size. I wanted this in a way I never want things. I regret nothing.

(It spins, too! )

4 people like this

I bought a headset yesterday. Now i can hear only BASS.

Edited by Taikugemu

Just backed this on Kickstarter, so stoked!

Just went and had a quick look at it. It looks awesome, definitely something I'd consider buying. I can definitely see a video game spawning from it one day.

Just backed this on Kickstarter, so stoked!

pic2323719.thumb.jpg.a2d51d5ab2659a2776d

LinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLink!

hey, listen!

Reminds me of a series of pictures of the same variety I saw on Imgur a while back. I wonder if the artist is the same. IIRC, the artist was Polish and that name there...

Edited by DrGravitas
Got the link myself; including it for other lazy people
1 person likes this

Reminds me of a series of pictures of the same variety I saw on Imgur a while back. I wonder if the artist is the same. IIRC, the artist was Polish and that name there...

Oh! I think I've seen their art as well. I thought something about this looked familiar...

2 people like this

Oh! I think I've seen their art as well. I thought something about this looked familiar...

It is them!

https://www.artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski

I've wanted to find that name for months! By which I mean I had hoped it would fall into my lap for the brief period I was thinking about the imgur posts :P

I don't know how I knew it was Polish...

Edited by DrGravitas
Wait, that doesn't make sense...

LinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLink!

hey, listen!

It is the same art, the same guy who made the art was commissioned to do the art for Scythe... its so awesome! :D

https://www.artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski

I bought a really nice winter coat for 300 bux dollars.

Also a straight razor because I've always wanted to try one.

I bought a really nice winter coat for 300 bux dollars.

Also a straight razor because I've always wanted to try one.

Ooh, what kind of coat? I love winter coats!

Haven't played a CoD game since Blops back in 2010-ish, and I've been craving a good CoD multiplayer experience, so I bought Black Ops II for $20. No complaints, been having some great times on multiplayer!

These three games from gamestop. Not going to assume there bad just because they were ridicuasly cheap.

Games are Mysims agents, trauma center: second opinion, and link's crossbow training. Why dont they ever put the ds games in a case when I buy them?

12274347_750670135038598_851414886750321

I bought a freaking delicious banana split ice cream shake from a place called Sonic. First time I've ever been there. I only wish I hadn't eaten earlier, so I could have had a chili dog, too.

Later on I also got myself a pumpkin pie ChapStick (don't judge me, it was that or peppermint, and I didn't want peppermint), as well as a cucumber-lime Gatorade. (Judge me all you want on that one, I know it's a weird flavor. But so tasty!)

2 people like this

Finally got Legacy of the Void. And holy crap it's awesome. Also more blue hair dye.

Edited by Revates

Two packs of .46-.10 NYXL D'Addarios and a couple of replacement guitar picks (including a sharkfin one, I love those things.)

Went to Jungle Jim's International Market and bought some more Russian soda:

20151227_161610.thumb.jpg.ae784de482ff13

Two new flavors to try, Baikal and Cruchon, and one returning favorite: Tarkhun (the green one). Sipping on a glass of the Tarkhun-flavored one now. It's hard to describe, really, nothing really that I can compare it to. Tastes nice with pistachios, though!

1 person likes this

81C4Q18LHbL._SL1500_.jpg

60 bucks.

I'm gonna call it my 'lucky 1+"

I finally got a 20 kill streak using this thing.

Earlier this week I purchased Just Cause 3. It's Michael Bay in video game format, just without boobs and bad stereotypes. I highly recommend it if your computer can handle it.

1 hour ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Earlier this week I purchased Just Cause 3. It's Michael Bay in video game format, just without boobs and bad stereotypes. I highly recommend it if your computer can handle it.

To me it looks more like Bollywood: The videogame 

https://i.imgur.com/TtVzQg2.gifv

1 person likes this

One of these babies:

media.nl?id=53092&c=ACCT103457&h=74f6d26

It's like an oscilloscope, but specifically designed for viewing analog video signals. I have a growing interest in analog video and a few projects as well. This'll come in handy for those projects, but even in other situations, like troubleshooting of anything outputting an NTSC composite signal.

Edited by Jerry