The Consumerism Thread

Vae

Post the last significant thing you purchased with an amount of real-world currency.
(Keep it legal and any images SFW, please.)

No, this isn't the same thing as the Recent Buys thread in Three Frags, which is about videogames.

Capture1112.thumb.PNG.5d549a8fb9d43db1d0Capture111.thumb.PNG.5db1ebe3a018f9fee5f

I got small bottles of both of these for around $1.50 a pop,
and they're basically sex for the nose.

I wanna get a larger bottle of the nag champa, but I need to wait until I have more money.

I don't know that they're significant, but they're what I've bought today:

• A new video card for the girlfriend's PC as her current one has a dead fan and bulging caps (since I can just swap it out for a $28 replacement, it's a better use of my time and money than getting new caps and soldering them in);
  • a quick release plate for this tripod I picked up dirt-cheap at the community garage sale last month;
  • a pair of 80mm sleeve bearing fans

So today was mostly an "I hate technology" sort of day.

Just backed this on Kickstarter, so stoked!

Just went and had a quick look at it. It looks awesome, definitely something I'd consider buying. I can definitely see a video game spawning from it one day.

Just backed this on Kickstarter, so stoked!

pic2323719.thumb.jpg.a2d51d5ab2659a2776d

LinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkLink!

hey, listen!

Reminds me of a series of pictures of the same variety I saw on Imgur a while back. I wonder if the artist is the same. IIRC, the artist was Polish and that name there...

Edited by DrGravitas
Got the link myself; including it for other lazy people

Oh! I think I've seen their art as well. I thought something about this looked familiar...

It is them!

https://www.artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski

I've wanted to find that name for months! By which I mean I had hoped it would fall into my lap for the brief period I was thinking about the imgur posts :P

I don't know how I knew it was Polish...

Edited by DrGravitas
Wait, that doesn't make sense...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a freaking delicious banana split ice cream shake from a place called Sonic. First time I've ever been there. I only wish I hadn't eaten earlier, so I could have had a chili dog, too.

Later on I also got myself a pumpkin pie ChapStick (don't judge me, it was that or peppermint, and I didn't want peppermint), as well as a cucumber-lime Gatorade. (Judge me all you want on that one, I know it's a weird flavor. But so tasty!)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Went to Jungle Jim's International Market and bought some more Russian soda:

20151227_161610.thumb.jpg.ae784de482ff13

Two new flavors to try, Baikal and Cruchon, and one returning favorite: Tarkhun (the green one). Sipping on a glass of the Tarkhun-flavored one now. It's hard to describe, really, nothing really that I can compare it to. Tastes nice with pistachios, though!

• Like 1

One of these babies:

media.nl?id=53092&c=ACCT103457&h=74f6d26

It's like an oscilloscope, but specifically designed for viewing analog video signals. I have a growing interest in analog video and a few projects as well. This'll come in handy for those projects, but even in other situations, like troubleshooting of anything outputting an NTSC composite signal.

Edited by Jerry

• 5 months later...

SK785-2.jpg?1423240044

slightly used first edition hardcover, about 13 bucks altogether on ebay... i debated it long and hard 'cause i'm pretty poor tbh but i have wanted this book back for over ten years (owned it, had it taken away after reading it exactly halfway through, never saw it again) and for the book plus the shipping, that ain't bad for what i'm getting imo

sure, if i just wanted to finish reading the book i could have gotten a paperback for less, but i also needed to ease thirteen years of butthurt.

• Like 4