The Consumerism Thread

Vae

I caved and got these after I went in a Vans store at the mall.

retgfhh.PNG

$75, but they look great on me, and they're SUPER comfortable.

I also got this for like $6

none-gremlins-medium-8-plush-phunnys-3.jpg

because I had to.

• Like 2

On 5 June 2016 at 6:31 AM, 6tails said:

IMG_1326[1].JPG

My meat injector. Three bucks. I'll be getting a picture of a fire roast made using this injector in about ten minutes.

I was scrolling up the forum rather than down, got to this sentence and thought... what the hell is the picture going to be of?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Pandemic The Cure Fast Acting Dice Game...actually, my mate picked it up, 'cause the place was having a 50% off sale, and it was hard to resist. The table-top/board-game/card-game collection is gonna need more shelving, and soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Souvenirs! BOOKS!

tmp_32482-20160723_2032541916815989.jpg

A quartet of books from Latvia and a single from France.

tmp_32482-20160723_20302222408473.jpg

But, my favorite souvenirs are these two amber pictures!

tmp_32482-20160719_182625_Richtone(HDR)359635552.jpg

They are composed of bits of amber (and presumably other rocks) in various shades arranged to form the images.

Sadly, not a single shop in Riga had one of a fox :( I even asked to be sure.

The last thing I got was a bottle of cake-flavored vodka for my best friend, I thought she might appreciate that because we don't get half the flavones of vodka back home that they have in the duty free.

I also got something I'm really excited about, I got a matching tracksuit set so I can go out running when I get back home (I know I could have gone running without the matching clothes but it's nice to have matching gear).

Also got some proper Lady Gaga style sunglasses. I've always love the sunglasses she wears, and since we have the exact same shape face, I know what works on her will work on me too. I get mistaken for her on occasion which is kind of funny (except for when I was locked in a bathroom stall with a crowd of fangirls outside waiting for me to come out in which case it was a little scary)

I just got Eldorado by ELO on record as well as a 1972 copy of the board game Diplomacy at an antique store, $3 and $25 respectively:

DSCN4141.JPG

Eldorado is my favorite album from ELO but has been the hardest for me to find on record, and while the jacket on this one is in bad shape, the record itself is in great condition!

• 2 weeks later...

31720eaf9f716fab669ebb7c6ec528aa.png
456tyyy.PNG

00803bb72dee79435e599e554c5c3c29.pngvttt.PNG

Something I desperately needed (A new phone - Galaxy S4. I have a case on it now.),
a bracelet using my half of the money Ariel's sister giftcarded us for our birthday,
and two art clothings that are still currently in processing.

• Like 2

Today I got things I needed and things I wanted:

Some army print skinny jeans.

2 shakers for protein shakes, buy 1 get 1 half price.

The original Sonic games for Nintendo DS.

A dark grey dressing gown. It's from the men's section but that's the only place I was gonna get a black/grey one so we looked there.

Mum got me some ginkgo tea (never had it, I'll try any tea) and some food as well.