The Consumerism Thread

Vae

On 03/09/2016 at 2:32 AM, Glowing Glass said:

Going for worlds first furry scientist

image.jpeg

I have Molecular Biology of the Cell, too! I never used it =/

OK so what I got today and am SUPER EXCITED ABOUT is this cushion with Kylo Ren on it:

14281501_10208715794624898_1413220586_n.jpg

The story about this is that I went to Dunelm Mill with my mum on Friday to get the inner pillow for my dakimakura (of the same character) which was in the mail by this point. I did not expect to see something like this at Dunelm Mill, so I almost died of happiness. I didn't buy it at the time because the way I saw it, I was already basically buying a pillow of Kylo, so I left it. But I knew I had to get it, so I went back on my own today (and traversed some truly terrifying roads for the first time) and got it.

It's actually super soft and comfy. Guess that's what you get when you buy cushions from the kids' section.

Above the cushion are some of the other things in my Kylo shrine. Since the shrine is in the corner of my room that has my bed in it, this cushion seemed like an obvious choice for it.

I am also already aware that I need Jesus help

I buy too much shit too frequently to contribute

but last things I think we're....

XXL Kong Classic

3 LitterLocker II refills

Natures Miracle Litter Box Odour Destroyer

Outward Hound PFAT Bag

Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude toy

Tuffy's Rutabaga Rabbit toy

Dried beef tracheas

Dried rabbit feet

Furry mouse toys

Cool Halloween bloody syringe pen

Porcelain Boxer dog statue

Adjustable height dog bowls

New tire cause I got a flat

Barkbox

New foam handle rope dog leash

Idk what else

I have a penchant for unnecessarily spending money and buying Tabletop RPG sourcebooks for games I'll never get to play.

The other day my Furfaggotry intermingled with my Geekiness for RPGs and I ended up buying this at the local Half Price Books:

20160910_044234-01.jpeg

20160910_044547-01.jpeg

An Eastern themed fantasy game. I always enjoyed eastern mysticism and what-not and this seemed like a really enjoyable game to get into.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JegoLego said:

Certified meat-handlerIMG_20160910_152527988.jpg

niiiice they give you the good coats. at my old factory we got stuck with ones made of bounty paper towels

On 2016-09-04 at 7:15 PM, Kosha said:

20160904_160235[1].jpg

I just got back from SacAnime. This is the swag I got:

• A Back to the Future hat
  • Chocolate Banana Pocky
  • The Complete First Season of Lupin III
  • Princess Mononoke DVD
  • A portrait and button of Undyne

good anime taste A++

i just bought a good as heck shirt

93b18627a9e25104f6fecd62c1fc32d4.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kosha said:

Tbh, I'm not into anime. I bought them so I could get into it.

"But why were you at SacAnime?"

Because friends.

well you picked good ones. Lupin III is a classic and Princess Mononoke is one of Studio Ghibli's best works. The director, Miyazaki, also directed a Lupin III movie called Castle of Cagliostro that's pretty highly regarded too.

• Like 3

Modern looking smart lamp called the Notti. Looks great on my computer desk and can glow just about any color. Best part is it can blink certain colors for certain kinds of notifications on my phone which is far better than the more traditional thing of me jolting at the sound of a new text. Plus I can listen to music and still know if a text came in 

image.jpg

6 hours ago, Kosha said:

Tbh, I'm not into anime. I bought them so I could get into it.

"But why were you at SacAnime?"

Because friends.

6 hours ago, Pignog said:

well you picked good ones. Lupin III is a classic and Princess Mononoke is one of Studio Ghibli's best works. The director, Miyazaki, also directed a Lupin III movie called Castle of Cagliostro that's pretty highly regarded too.

not to derail the thread too bad but yes, Mononoke Hime is an excellent film. And I wholeheartedly recommend Castle of Cagliostro also; I didn't expect much going into it but its simply incredible. 

also that car scene Pignog linked is considered by Stephen Spielberg to be "One of the greatest chase sequences ever filmed". That's quite the feat for animation I'd say.

I don't even like anime but you simply can't find a bad Ghibli film if you try.

Edited by Endless/Nameless

7 hours ago, Pignog said:

"I broke my sword through complete lack of skill. I now have no option but to commit suicide!!!"

"Yeah. You're right."

Haha I'd love to if you ever visit the UK, but you'd have to plan ahead. The Scotsman is very popular, tickets sell out fast and she sits up in a museum for most of the year. It's nice to see her back in traditional green though, as she's only recently been repainted.

It's a lovely trip, I think they always have the pipes to welcome the train to the station.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Faust said:

Haha I'd love to if you ever visit the UK, but you'd have to plan ahead. The Scotsman is very popular, tickets sell out fast and she sits up in a museum for most of the year. It's nice to see her back in traditional green though, as she's only recently been repainted.

It's a lovely trip, I think they always have the pipes to welcome the train to the station.

As the forums second official Caledophile, I'd like to visit too!!!

I'm not as hardcore as @Caledonian tho, and for now it's but a pipe dream =w=

10 hours ago, Faust said:

I plan on visiting the uk for 1 or 2 months this summer. If I get it my way, however, i will spend all of this time traveling through Scotland.