Vae

The Consumerism Thread

234 posts in this topic

My desire for a laptop is growing so much that I'm considering getting a cheap $100 HP at a pawnshop, and I have this thought at the back of my mind that they will suck. 

11 hours ago, Vae said:

Old tablet died.
New tablet bought.

intuos-art-medium-black-6.jpg

It's about $100 more than my last drawing tablet (at $180) because I'm opting for a medium this time,
but I desperately needed an upgrade anyway.

Also got a protective case for it.

I have that tablet, except it's a small one because poor.

I really like it, the drivers tend to disappear at the worst times, but I've heard that that's a common problem with a lot of tablets.

I've kinda been spoiling myself recently by purchasing a few goodies. On top of getting FFXV a few weeks back, I also got a wicked Logitech speaker system (osu is gonna sound so BEASTTT) and a controller for my computer. But my biggest buy today was .. A PHONE! Haven't had one since high-school, and that was only a crummy indestructible flip one. This baby is my pride and joy now:

XsofOIB.jpg

4 people like this

I found this little beauty in a £1 shop (that's about... uh... ok, come to think of it that's about $1 right now, thank you Brexit...) and believe me, I wasn't expecting it to be half as good. But it was. Half as good as I was expecting that is.

Now don't get me wrong, I was not expecting a good movie. I wanted a BAD movie, and boy did I get my money's worth! I mean, where to star? The script is abysmal. The jokes are at best the clumsiest attempt at absurdist humour, and at worst are complete non-sequiturs that don't even make sense, let alone make you laugh. The prince's 'romantic' banter with Cinderella in the moonlight makes it sound like he's staring at her breasts - completely unintentionally, I'm sure! Even if the script was good, the voice acting is pretty bad and the comedic timing is worse. Camera work is likewise shoddy, with poorly-arranged, poorly-lit scenes that have no dramatic impact at all. The 'action' scenes are slow-moving to say the least, and it doesn't help that they're accompanied by what sounds like a Mariachi band playing songs from their hit album, 'Music to Siesta To', which makes everything seem to be moving even slower. There aren't even any sound effects when people get punched and the fighting is even less convincing than WWE. You'd think that they'd be able to make it look way better when you think that no real actors could get hurt.

...oh, except of course that almost all of the action is mo-cap of course. Pretty good mo-cap in places actually, but the facial animations destroy any illusion of realism and the whole exercise quickly goes on a day trip to the Uncanny Valley, with plenty of baloney sandwiches for the picnic.

And yet...

*sigh*

Somebody loved this movie. Somebody loved it enough to make sets that, while poorly lit and poorly shot, are actually pretty impressive. Somebody made some really nice, if slightly too real, anthropomorphic cowboys and cowgirls in a wide variety of interesting species. If you think of the average Furry poster pin-up gal as compared to, say, Minnie Mouse, then these models do the same thing for Disney Pixar. Beautifully made and realised, but animated too much like real people leaving you with a somewhat uncomfortable sensation that you're watching some kind of fever dream. At rare moments, when the camera was accidentally where it should be for a change and the character poses were neutral enough to not look too human, there were some really beautiful shots. it's just a shame you have to pause the movie at exactly the right moment to appreciate them.

And don't get me started on the concept! Cinderella as a cowgirl in the wild west populated by animals? "I will marry the girl who lost this tooth for me!" Yes, you read it right, the glass slipper is a tooth that Cinderella lost in a badly choreographed bar fight. And where the heck they got the Mexican ape bandits living on a crashed pirate ship in the middle of the desert I do not know!

All in all I've had my money's worth. I just wish I could meet the people that made the character models, give them a hug and tell them that somebody at least appreciated their work. If only it hadn't been forced into this crapfest of a shitty movie.

IMG_1594.jpg

I bought a small personal pizza from Target and two sammichs for my sister and aunt.

I went crazy and bought one of these. It is awesome. I just need a dry, sunny day so I can take it out.

DJI-mavic-drone_5.jpg

1 person likes this

BNT_002.jpg
BNT_059.jpg

Getting this in the mail tomorrow.
I rarely buy books, but this is basically just a NES graphics artbook, and I'm excited.

$48 after shipping.

2 people like this

I've bought a lot recently.

45v6B17.jpg

I got this cup at the thrift store a few days ago for a whopping 31 cents.

gEXknXu.jpg

Then when I went to Chuck E. Cheese a week or two ago, I got this plush of Mr. Munch, and a shirt, as seen below.

RVOS9t0.jpg

(shirt; ft. foot)

g529S0a.jpg

I ordered a copy of my favorite book off of Amazon, and the next thing I bought is under it.

KSJZkPs.jpg

This is perfection. In mask form.

Xe2luOv.jpg

Finally, I got this cute little frog wallet/coin purse off of Amazon as well.

IMG_0575.PNG

for a fuckin $1.60 man

I've read this on ebook twice

first edition too

1 person likes this

In case no one has noticed by my recent posts, I've gotten back into Transformers recently. Bought some new toys yesterday!

...Well, new-to-me. Been wanting Oil Slick (left) for years. And I technically already have Longarm (right), but in a different color (his other form looks better in purple). Now I can display both forms in the color that looks best on them!

/nerd rambles

dRzRbl6.jpg

2 people like this

Bought some more Transformers today, because I have a problem. :v
But really, I've been wanting most of these guys for years, so I'm pretty excited to have them now.

New guys are Jetstorm, Jetfire (Twins who can form one larger robot, it's neat!)
A tiny Grimlock (The green dino, he's so small and cute!)
Soundwave (the blue van), and Laserbeak (the guitar).

I've already had the purple guy for years, I mentioned him in my last post here.
And the two from the previous pic are here again, Oil Slick is now in robot form. (Love those claws.)

2uej3G2.jpg

...I also bought a cute little Soundwave about the same size as Grimlock, but... I can't seem to find him. I'm seriously confused as to where he went.

Also not pictured are a few buttons I bought for a buck each: A Decepticon logo, Baymax's face, and a Nuka-Cola pin (I don't play Fallout- I just liked the look of it.) I also picked up a PS1 memory card so I could play PS1 stuff on my PS2.

1 person likes this

I had a bunch of one doller bills that were making it hard to close my wallet so I went and bought some cards (I dont actually play the card game but its pokemon) and a steam card for $20 that I plan to use to buy night in the woods.

17903677_1077058605733081_7324866234580488470_n.thumb.jpg.146af11720acc66526a95e0fa839b28e.jpg

I also thought about getting stardew valley but the price was to high and I wasnt sure enough that I would enjoy it.

Samsung Galaxy J7(2016) Dual J7108 4G 16GB Gold

58efddeda6075_41aagCLjL.jpg.38c4036f34a4dd08508cbd585a8d9499.jpg

$203.21 (not including shipping, tax, and other shit).

I've been wanting the J7 for a while now, but I couldn't find one on Amazon with a US warranty and that has a reasonable price-spec ratio. The one from my carrier (MetroPCS) is around $150-$180 with the same specs, and it comes with a warranty. The difference between this one and other international models is, this Chinese/HK variant has 3gb of ram as opposed to 2gb on the other models, and a full HD display, but, it does not support LTE here in the US, which is quite a let down, since LTE is one of the reasons I went with the S5 recently (not going to go into whole the story of why I want to switch phones again), however, I just hope that despite being a Chinese phone, it will still have software optimization, support, and flexibility, so I don't have to go through hell trying to get this phone to work properly with anything. Apparently, there are two versions of this model, the Chinese one (as shown in the picture), and the Hong Kong one, which is more "international-friendly" from what I've read, and since I bought directly from Amazon, I'm expecting them to be more conscious about shipping me one that works better in my region, which would be the latter.

If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KPCEQPC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just had to drop 3 grand on a new car engine cause the piston in mine grenaded out of it.

tk-XV-50-dv.jpg

Yaaaaay unexpected life expenses. RIP my savings account.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

RIP my savings account.

At least you got one

1 person likes this

I ordered the newest Pokémon movie but I have to finish watching the rest of the xyz episodes since I don't know exactly when the movie takes place.

IMG_1776.thumb.JPG.9839a9ef088b604b13a066f4d43b0eba.JPG

In the middle of mothers day shopping I ordered myself this little dude :3

He should be here by tomorrow Eeehe :D

51WpSwwnPiL._SL1000_.jpg

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

P4pY4rw.png

Kinky

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Kinky

less kinky is how the shipping was a dollar more than the actual total

I am officially furry trash now.

20170501_154529.thumb.jpg.16be2a4530db05db74a269895b73a2dc.jpg

And for some reason the forum software likes to rotate any pictures taken on my phone.

2 people like this

Apparently the bookstore decided to stop having futurama and teen titans go comics so I had to settle. Also I didnt get any pokemon cards this time.

18268495_1101277346644540_1049281673665993740_n.thumb.jpg.deee8dafde58ff736a1e27a7a59cf05e.jpg

18268106_1101277343311207_8387187357704353334_n.thumb.jpg.f48b453250e0e48169caa32cb3ec6a52.jpg

Also got some boxes since my video games are starting to overflow to over shelves

I found the Collector's Edition of Rocket League at Walmart for $5. Not bad when the base game runs for $20 on Steam.

2 people like this