Stupidity in this world is too damn high!

DevilishlyHandsome49

So its pretty much common knowledge that the world is filled with stupid, ignorant people and for the most part, we've kinda grown accustomed to it.

But it's when I read shit like this that I really ask myself: Will humanity ever stop being so fucking dumb?

I know it's just one news story, but whether Ben Carson is just playing a role, serious, or is mentally fucked, there is someone else in the world nodding going "Yup, uh huh. He's right. This man is a smart man." There are many other stories where big figures say something so bullheaded and all I can do is wonder how many people on this planet agree with that person.

The thought of that scares me cause it makes me wonder if humanity will ever reach a point where we will become intelligent beings, mindful of the stuff we say, actually thinking before we open our fucking mouths and having a logical thought process without being so easily influenced. Or are we doomed to just always have people like him on this planet, spreading his stupidity to other ignorant bastards who will blindly follow anyone? Constantly saying dumb shit out of just not giving a fuck? Its depressing to think about sometimes.

Also makes me think if there are any aliens who are greatly smarter than us. I want to live with them :V

?????

In cases of rape or incest most people do not see the baby as an "enemy" it was a being created without intent or permission and was not prepared for, nobody gets an abortion thinking "I have teh rapist blood in my body". You're basically doing the same thing the rapist did, forcing a task on someone who wasnt ready to receive it. .

well...maybe some people think children grow up to be their evil parents genetically somehow, but not everyone is that side of dumb either.

...and incest? There are actual genetic issues that arise from that that the child will live with! All because the parents fooled around innapropriately.

Technology will just advance and make the lives of the average person easier. People will need to think less, so they will become more stupid and skip important lessons they should hand on to their kids.

And then technology advances again.

Lamenting about the stupid in the world will only get you down needlessly. You can't do anything about it, so why do you let it bother you? A better use of energy is to celebrate the intelligent things people come out with, and all the kids in school who are working really damn hard to succeed, etc.

=)

• Like 2

The way I look at it, if the world was really so stupid, who made and maintained the magic that let me read your post just now?

Civilization has existed for thousands of years with people just as stupid as they are now, and yet all it does is continue to improve. Sure, it may seem pretty bad right now, but keep in mind we are just starting, circa 14,000 years is barely anything, our species is still going through growing pains.

I for one welcome the oncoming Idiocracy because I can't wait for the world-wide debut of Ow, my balls! It'll be a step up from Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

To be fair, anything is a step up from Keeping Up with the Kardashians

It makes Twilight look like a decent movie franchise....wait...nothing can ever make that look good.

The way I look at it, if the world was really so stupid, who made and maintained the magic that let me read your post just now?

Civilization has existed for thousands of years with people just as stupid as they are now, and yet all it does is continue to improve. Sure, it may seem pretty bad right now, but keep in mind we are just starting, circa 14,000 years is barely anything, our species is still going through growing pains.

The top 20% of society continues to push humanity as a whole forward technologically but the other 80% is performing maintenance at best, stalling it at worst, or just along for the ride.

The internet wasn't invented by Maury Povich watching assholes who think vaccines cause autism or Obama is an illegal Muslim immigrant. These are the kinds of people who even 50 years ago would have been too dull and deluded to do anything with their lives except work in a chair factory and produce more kids to feed the machine, only now in the Year Of Our Lord 2015 they get home from their menial labor and have the capability to broadcast their knee-jerk by-the-minute thoughts and reactions all across the globe. This is a phenomenon that is unique to the 21st century and the information age as a whole.

• Like 1

I can't say humans are stupider, but I know that we are not getting smarter at all !

We invent religions to explain where we came from and or to use as an excuse to hit anyone around us who don't think like we do. 

We invade other's land because there is something we need in it to make more money.

We let peoples die of hunger and we over produce food and trow it away in the name of profit.

I would like to find if aliens (life from other planets) are less stupid that human? I'm just tired of see that nothing is done to make this planet a better place to live, to stop polluting, to get real health care (free one) and eliminate the poor by making real jobs, not like part time that under paid and can't live with so little.

Not sure humans are aware of all the shit they do !? Nuclear wast, nuclear reactor who are still dangerous (Chernobyl). No one see desire to find a way to fix it before it go boom and make Europe a big radioactive wast land where peoples will all dies of radiation.

Why humans don't work together to make this planet a good place to live ?

If there was a a god, he should get down there and star kicking some but to make the human realize what they are dong, to "force them to react,to fix it, not talk"

I can't say humans are stupider, but I know that we are not getting smarter at all !

We invent religions to explain where we came from and or to use as an excuse to hit anyone around us who don't think like we do. 

We invade other's land because there is something we need in it to make more money.

We let peoples die of hunger and we over produce food and trow it away in the name of profit.

I would like to find if aliens (life from other planets) are less stupid that human? I'm just tired of see that nothing is done to make this planet a better place to live, to stop polluting, to get real health care (free one) and eliminate the poor by making real jobs, not like part time that under paid and can't live with so little.

Not sure humans are aware of all the shit they do !? Nuclear wast, nuclear reactor who are still dangerous (Chernobyl). No one see desire to find a way to fix it before it go boom and make Europe a big radioactive wast land where peoples will all dies of radiation.

Why humans don't work together to make this planet a good place to live ?

If there was a a god, he should get down there and star kicking some but to make the human realize what they are dong, to "force them to react,to fix it, not talk"

I think humans are aware of the shit they do to mess up the Earth, but in the end, people just aren't giving a fuck. Not everyone, but a disturbing just don't care.

I think humans are aware of the shit they do to mess up the Earth, but in the end, people just aren't giving a fuck. Not everyone, but a disturbing just don't care.

That's the problem ! No one see to really care like mother nature will fix that shit in a really short time. Kinda positive thinking.

It make me go crazy !! I can't stand the level of human stupidity !!

People complaining about the new technology make people less intelligent is nothing new.  Its literally older then Christ.  Some Greek philosophers were complaining about how the invention of books was going to ruin humanity forever because no one would have to remember anything.  Literally they were saying that books would make people stupid.

As for people complaining about no progress being made as a species I want you to read a couple history books then look out the window.  We have come a long away.  Over 200 years ago the idea of something being a war crime wasn't even imagined.  Now we recognize that even in war some boundaries should not be crossed.  For health care we as a species are healthier then we have ever been before.  Life expectancy has been on the rise world wide for at least the last 60 years and it shows a trend of continuing upwards.  Then in regards to social issues acceptance of things such as homosexuality is becoming more widespread.

Sure there are still some major problems and we are far from perfect, but we have come so far as a species and we will continue to move forward.

• Like 1