Hardcore steven universe fans cause artist to commit suicide

Nova

Sit down with a notebook, and you might get to learn something from a master. You'll be buying your likes from me soon enough.

And neither of those is worth trying to kill yourself over. Period. There is zero reason for anyone to go killing themselves, barring terminal illness or they just realized the absolute depravity of their actions (murders, active pedos, etc.) and suddenly see fit to remove themselves from existence.

So she was never taught that if you find a group of people to be toxic, you need to walk the fuck on and find someone else, because what those hateful fucks say isn't important and that is not a group of people you'd want to associate with in the first place.

I hope that now she receives that sort of education.

Now if she'll only check her privilege of being able to end her own life on her own terms, as opposed to the thousands starving to death, getting shot, stabbed, bludgeoned, deliberately and unknowingly infected with a deadly disease by a partner or some drug user, dying from some incurable disease one was born with or acquired, or parasite eating their brain away, people being disappeared by their governments, etc., then she might truly see that her own plight and selfish action (because that's what suicide is for the most part, a selfish action, the right of privilege) and my own simply pale in comparison to those that have had no choice in how they lived or died.

And here is the crux of the problem. Your social support needs to come from the community around you and physically close to you. Parents are useless? Get outside and seek friends and community. It is what you do in real life that matters, and not some online reputation assassination from a group of witless SJW Feminzai fucks that are nothing more than spiteful shitstains upon society in general.

She makes her commissions online. Enough people are going to see the repeated pattern of hate and usually see it for the character assassination ploy that it is, and ignore it and buy anyways. I've had to deal with a couple of concerted attacks like that from competition when I was doing LED business, and in fact still do from time to time. It doesn't stop me from getting new and repeat business. The idiots talking shit are the only loud ones, and those are usually ignored by the customer base you'd want in the first place.

I don't lack empathy at all. I have too much of it at times. This is not one of those times. I've had several friends kill themselves but only when pushed far, far worse than she has, and I've been reading through it. I cannot empathize with the selfish actions because of a virtual squabble that can simply be avoided by forging on and showing everyone else that these vitriolic people are fools and not worth listening to.

Again, this was a case of taking the internet too seriously and also likely having the thought that they could appease everyone, and it fell apart around them in a spectacular manner. You'd think people born into this era of technology would've had "Don't take the internet seriously" imprinted in their heads by age ten.

The amount of edgelord coming out of your posting either is direct result of someone being ignorant to the situation/communities or someone desperately trying to take a Donald Trump like stance on this. But upon closer inspection, it's clear that it's a case of "Muh problems are worse than urs, so BLEH". 

Granted, there's no justification to one trying to kill themselves, but when you're thrown into an emotional conundrum and abuse (which these vile SJWs put this young girl through) then logical thinking is sort of an after thought, especially considering how long the abuse was going on for.

Regardless, it would appear that my words will be lost on someone who clearly doesn't want to look into the situation for what it is and would like to assume this was merely something akin to "An idiot made a dumb thread and people laughed at her over it for a day". I'll take my bow from debating with the likes of someone who is too full of themselves.

You can keep your likes. I'm positive I'll find another means for another source of them elsewhere.

• Like 5

Granted, there's no justification to one trying to kill themselves, but when you're thrown into an emotional conundrum and abuse (which these vile SJWs put this young girl through) then logical thinking is sort of an after thought, especially considering how long the abuse was going on for.

Regardless, it would appear that my words will be lost on someone who clearly doesn't want to look into the situation for what it is and would like to assume this was merely something akin to "An idiot made a dumb thread and people laughed at her over it for a day". I'll take my bow from debating with the likes of someone who is too full of themselves.

Unfortunately most people are ignorant when it comes to understanding mental health. I hope that's a problem that will be resolved eventually.

Let's see: I run an alcoholic recovery group (non 12-step), just finished some spare work for the Department of Mental Health, and I used to help my friend work with real mentally-challenged children (the kind that need to wear helmets lest they bash their heads in at the slightest provocation.) Then to top it off I'm a registered minister for the Universal Life Church and actually provide non-spiritual counseling.

I'm unfortunately well-aware and acquainted with mental health, its issues, and its poor recognition in general across the world.

Edit: Hell, the CEO for the company whose site and userbase I maintain just had to go in for three years of mental health stuff, involuntarily. The shit hits close to home for me on a constant basis.

Okay, I was mistaken then. But anyway, depression can make excuses for you to feel bad about things, even if there's no problem at all. It distorts how you interpret things, and makes your situation seem a lot more dire than it actually is. And believe me, it can be REALLY convincing, even when you have friends telling you otherwise. If you have people to support you in real life, it might make online stuff easier to ignore. But if most of your social interaction IS online, then I can easily imagine this kind of harassment greatly affecting how you feel. Also they aren't just words, they're what real people actually think about you. Sure their opinions may not matter, but someone who is depressed might actually see some truth to the words targeted towards them.

Of course I cannot speak for her case, but cyber bullying is a real issue that can have negative outcomes like this. Not everyone can just shrug it off and forget it ever happened.

• Like 1

Not to sound insensitive, but if someone tries to commit suicide over harassment like that then they need serious help. That is nothing compared to what life can throw at you, even in developed countries.

Such a shame....

She might've had issues with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past, the whole online harassment thing seems more like the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Like 4

She might've had issues with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past, the whole online harassment thing seems more like the straw that broke the camel's back.

So do I, but I'd never threaten my life over something as trivial as that. When you have really been at your lowest point, with matters far worse than that, you have much more of an appreciation of life and death on lesser matters.

I guess some are more sensitive to various extremes than others. Ultimately we're all horrible people in our own special way. Some people are far to sheltered.  

Edited by Mr. Fox

That is the most vile, disgusting thing I have ever read in my life. I never thought I would say this, but the person who wrote that deserves to fucking die.

I wouldn't say that; I don't really think its anyone's right to say someone should die. But then again, that's precisely one of the issues with that Tumblr post. People are telling people the girl that she should die. Its horrible.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 2

I don't particularly like him either but if you can get past his ranting edgelord shtick he makes some very valid point in that one.  

Point is, having a broader perspective of life and how the rest of the world lives and interacts gives you more of an appreciation of life itself.   

Edited by Mr. Fox

Well, and if you listen to his more recent stand-up, I'd suspect that his position on the topic has evolved somewhat.

There's a grain of truth to some of the advice people give cyberbullying victims---for example, it is usually a good idea to block people who are bothering or harassing you, and you shouldn't let trolls into your head--and but people who haven't been targeted for bullying or harassment often don't appreciate the lengths bullies will go to to target their victims, underestimate how painful it is to have a place that should be a safe haven be unsafe, and underestimate how much insults and threats can really take their toll on somebody day after day.

In my estimation, most of the people who talk about online harassment or cyberbullying not being a big deal typically haven't been doxxed, haven't had online people make threatening or slanderous phone calls to their home or workplace, haven't had someone pretend to to be them online and troll people under their name, haven't lost jobs or IRL friends due to online rumors or events, haven't had to leave a beloved online community because the threats and insults outweighed and outnumbered the positive messages and interactions, and have never had the experience of opening their inbox to multiple messages informing them that they're going to be raped in the eye sockets or that their children will be lit on fire because the writer knows where they live.

I'd invite anybody to go through any of the above, and then say that online harassment is small taters.

• Like 4

Well, and if you listen to his more recent stand-up, I'd suspect that his position on the topic has evolved somewhat.

There's a grain of truth to some of the advice people give cyberbullying victims---for example, it is usually a good idea to block people who are bothering or harassing you, and you shouldn't let trolls into your head--and but people who haven't been targeted for bullying or harassment often don't appreciate the lengths bullies will go to to target their victims, underestimate how painful it is to have a place that should be a safe haven be unsafe, and underestimate how much insults and threats can really take their toll on somebody day after day.

In my estimation, most of the people who talk about online harassment or cyberbullying not being a big deal typically haven't been doxxed, haven't had online people make threatening or slanderous phone calls to their home or workplace, haven't had someone pretend to to be them online and troll people under their name, haven't lost jobs or IRL friends due to online rumors or events, haven't had to leave a beloved online community because the threats and insults outweighed and outnumbered the positive messages and interactions, and have never had the experience of opening their inbox to multiple messages informing them that they're going to be raped in the eye sockets or that their children will be lit on fire because the writer knows where they live.

I'd invite anybody to go through any of the above, and then say that online harassment is small taters.

I've been impersonated by someone before. It's not fun. I've lost clientele when I regularly did commissions and had several people upset with me because of something a troll did in my name. It was just one individual, but that one person did enough damage alone. I imagine if it was a swarm of all different sorts of harassment tactics it'd be pretty much gg for the online art game. Not to mention if they get family and friends involved in the mess, it'd only be more of a pisser. And you touched on a point I mentioned earlier that some people skipped over:

"

I'd also like to add that this girl didn't make the smartest choice in that she put her last name, zip code, P.O. Box, and city on her Tumblr FAQ. Considering this has been ongoing harassment spanning a few dozen blogs and various accounts across several websites, I would not be surprised if some of the hate she got was received on her doorstep despite it not being mentioned. 

Not saying she's at fault for some salty high school SJW's slimy actions. But it definitely makes the job easier putting info out there like that."

Words only have as much weight as you allow them to have, everything else is subjective.

Also:

Who said anything about words? It's about actions, it's about harassing without end and invading someone's personal space and overwhelming them with hate mails and things like that.

Also, South Park has fucking sucked since season 5 or 6.

words

Someone didn't even read Troj's post because if he did he would've understood that harassment/cyberbullying goes far beyond just calling someone mean things.

Also, just because YOU're not affected doesn't mean no one else should be. I'm not very phased by mean words online, I've been hurt a lot so I suppose I've become hardened and desensitized.

But that's not a good thing. What happened to me was not okay and no one should accept it, deal with it or "ignore it". Admittedly I've never been cyberbullied, at least not on a large scale (only one dude ten years ago, really). There was, however, some people who treated me terribly online and broke me down mentally.

Could I just have "looked away from the screen"? Well, the thing is, these people were my first girlfriend and my first boyfriend. Those aren't the kind of people you just ignore and turn off the screen.

My point is, this is not as simple as you make it out to be.

I should let you have a rummage through my e-mail inboxes, and some of the headers. You'll love seeing the shit people have tried to do to me. I've got felony charges for shit people have done in my name and yet the justice system doesn't give a fuck, despite being shown the evidence directly that such a thing was not performed by me.

I still haven't tried to kill myself.

'Online bullying' is just the latest societal distractive grasping at straws. Identity theft and slander are an entirely different ballgame and fall into actual crimes. Trying to equate/lump one with the other is nonsensical, especially without specific intent, and that is what is happening in this thread, unfortunately. Just talking mad shit and saying "Go kill yourself" is one thing. Pretending to be someone and causing them specific damage is another, and there are already legal protections in place for that kind of thing that should have been thought of and utilized.

We even had a very recent Supreme Court ruling on this, so that argument is essentially settled in United States law with the Anthony Eolis case.

Yes, a big snag here is that tons of things get filed under the umbrella of "online harassment" and "cyberbullying," and as a result, people often end up talking past each other when discussing the issue. What you picture when you hear "cyberbullying" largely determines whether you think it's a big deal or not.

I just think that the people who say that it's no big deal, period, haven't really thought about all of the various forms online harassment can take.

Well, and the reality is that harsh words do sting. We can even observe the effects of emotional pain in the brain, and they're just as acute and powerful as the effects of physical pain. Human beings are social creatures who evolved to care about what other humans think, so it's not weird or aberrant to feel a twinge of anxiety or hurt when someone (even someone you don't like or don't even know) says an unkind thing to you.

Fascinatingly, when I've worked with clients who are chronic people pleasers, perfectionists, or who are extremely socially anxious, when you drill down to the bottom of what drives them, you find that a part of them is literally afraid of being killed if they alienate or piss off other people. Intellectually, they know someone won't murder them for burning the meatloaf, but a deeper, more primitive part of the brain absolutely believes they will die if they lose others' acceptance or love.

So, when folks say that people shouldn't be bothered at all by insults or criticisms, they're being a trifle naive--at least about other people, if not about themselves as well.

On the other hand, I'm also worried about the slow march of "victimhood culture," where people are actually being encouraged to self-indulgently nurse grievances and feed hurts, and where the worst thing you can do to someone is "trigger" them. It's good that our culture is starting to take people's traumas and feelings seriously, but I think it's also very dangerous that our culture is starting to make people's tender feelings the be-all end-all focus of everything.

I'm worried that people (especially young people) like Zami and like the SJWs who bullied her are getting the message that your triggers, traumas, and emotional wounds absolutely define your identity, life, and experience. This can lead to SJWs feeling like they're justified in harassing someone because they were "triggered" by their "offensive" art, and can lead to people like Zami feeling like suicide is the most appropriate reaction to being dissed or bullied.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 6

guys, maybe people shouldnt react by contemplating suicide but also telling them to ignore and walk away from what you dont consider a problem is an issue. You're justifying peoples verbal abuse and just telling all the victims they should have thicker skin. People who actively engage in bullying should be stood up against, not let to continue.

There's a balance, people need to learn and step back andnot take all attacks seriously, but at the same time NO ONE is justified in being a bully, online or off. You cant justify bad behavior just because its expected to happen...

• Like 6

Well said, Wolfnight!

It's smart, healthy, and helpful to learn how to rise above criticism and insults, and to learn how to protect yourself from drama whores, doxxers, and bullies.

But, just because it's smart to have a home alarm system and to lock your door when you go out doesn't mean that we also shouldn't punish burglars.

It's both/and. We need to encourage people to be resilient, but we also need to take their pain seriously, and we also need to take antisocial or shitty behavior seriously.

I think with anything we expect someone to realize what it feels like to experience something that they frankly just haven't. I think the bigger problem is that something in the way we live our lives makes people think that suicide is an okay route to the emotions they're experiencing, and in general there's a lot of different stigmas about what's actually acceptable options and responses to emotions. 

In my opinion the overarching problem lies with how we have this medium in which kids are brought into environments that can't help them understand both good and bad emotions, and then learn from them when faced with more adverse situations. 

In saying this I don't think I really agree or disagree with any particular stance on this topic in itself. It's moreso that what happens with someone's mind has to be contextualized, and when these things happen we can only really use their own life experiences to understand why. 

I think our perspectives, quite honestly, have very little to do with it. We can't make her understand what she's never felt, experienced, or even been able to comprehend. All we can really do is speculate as to why she felt her actions were necessary. We can make some societal comments about it, but we have to understand that this only comes down to trying to understand why environments like this exist. 

I understand there are more difficult places to live in, and to be honest I've always tried to remind myself that when doing anything. But I can't understand what that's like. I can't make my problems go away by thinking about someone else's. I can only understand that my problems have the solutions that they do. For some people, those solutions are death, and we have to wonder why.

• Like 1

As I've thought about it, what really worries me is how little a lot of parents understand about the Internet, and how their kids use it.

When parents come to me with concerns or complaints about their teens or pre-teens, it's usually small taters compared to what the kids tell me is actually going on in their lives--and that includes what's going on online.

Parents in general are pretty damn ignorant when it comes to all the ways their kid can become a target or a bully (or both!) online, so they don't know what to teach them even before they begin to use the Internet, and what warning signs to look for.

It makes me wonder when parents and teachers as a whole will begin to actually teach online etiquette and safety lessons the way they impart other practical and moral lessons.

And there's something oddly surreal about having to say, "I'm very disappointed in you for sending abusive tweets to Jhonen Vasquez for not shipping your favorite characters together. No Xbox for a month."

Edited by Troj
  • Like 3

i think with the next generation being more familiar with the internet there can be more of an understanding and parenting can be done by teaching kids about their younger, past experiences.

Unless the next generation's technology ends up being next third dimension virtual bullying to which the next generation parents will be ignorant of.

On the other hand, I'm also worried about the slow march of "victimhood culture," where people are actually being encouraged to self-indulgently nurse grievances and feed hurts, and where the worst thing you can do to someone is "trigger" them. It's good that our culture is starting to take people's traumas and feelings seriously, but I think it's also very dangerous that our culture is starting to make people's tender feelings the be-all end-all focus of everything.

I'm worried that people (especially young people) like Zami and like the SJWs who bullied her are getting the message that your triggers, traumas, and emotional wounds absolutely define your identity, life, and experience. This can lead to SJWs feeling like they're justified in harassing someone because they were "triggered" by their "offensive" art, and can lead to people like Zami feeling like suicide is the most appropriate reaction to being dissed or bullied.

I don't think there's anyway around having to treat this sort of thing on a case by case basis. On one end, if you say that any instance where someone feels hurt or offended must be addressed seriously, then you get a victim culture. People aren't stupid, and if playing the victim becomes necessary to being taken seriously then everyone will suddenly become victims.

On the other end, we have what prompted the current turn in this thread: that all online bullying and harassment is just something to be ignored, and if you don't ignore it then that's your problem. This really seems like a natural outgrowth of the still common belief that old-fashioned schoolyard bullying is not only not a problem, but a necessary part of adolescence. 

The only succinct principle that seems to apply universally is "Don't be an asshole". If everyone followed that one then there'd probably be a lot less of these issues to sort through in the first place.

• Like 1

I understand there are more difficult places to live in, and to be honest I've always tried to remind myself that when doing anything. But I can't understand what that's like. I can't make my problems go away by thinking about someone else's. I can only understand that my problems have the solutions that they do. For some people, those solutions are death, and we have to wonder why.

I cannot stand when people try to use starving [third world citizens], or other extreme overdramatic circumstances of famine, poverty, and brutality to try and dismiss something that might not be as severe, but still serious. I may not be starving on the streets drinking unfiltered water to stay hydrated, but I still struggle to make ends meet and keep healthy food in the pantry on top of maintaining the roof that keeps me warm at night.

Now, I understand non problems. Like raging that a shitty fictional character was drawn a little less fat by someone who doesn't even own the IP who you could block/blacklist. But it's like there's no in-between for some edgelords and "hardened" e-tuff guys who brag about their woes like a Naruto character; waving it like a flag to belittle the very real strife of others.

"Don't take the Internet so seriously" they say as they post monolithic walls of text arguing to strangers and raging in front of a camera on YouTube. Not as extreme as suicide, but still ironic as fuck.

• Like 3

Having perused some of the tumblr things linked in this thread I have to wonder if these people are actually trying to stand up for anything or if they're just making an excuse to be vicious and hateful to someone. It's really kind of scary that someone would have such a toxic reaction to some kid's fan art. And I do mean it's really scaring me. I don't think I could muster that kind of never ending bile for anybody, not even the people who have hurt me. I think there's something very wrong with these particular SJWs, no one can be that vindictively cruel to another person and be mentally well. Sure, they may just be words on the internet but they reveal some pretty unsavory things about the people who write them. 

• Like 1

Having perused some of the tumblr things linked in this thread I have to wonder if these people are actually trying to stand up for anything or if they're just making an excuse to be vicious and hateful to someone. It's really kind of scary that someone would have such a toxic reaction to some kid's fan art. And I do mean it's really scaring me. I don't think I could muster that kind of never ending bile for anybody, not even the people who have hurt me. I think there's something very wrong with these particular SJWs, no one can be that vindictively cruel to another person and be mentally well. Sure, they may just be words on the internet but they reveal some pretty unsavory things about the people who write them. 

Gotta follow the herd and pick up those PC points on the way

imo there's a culture that thinks that left-minded ideals equate to open-mindedness

often people come to similar conclusions based off of an open minded egalitarian perspective, but ironically enough i get the impression that a lot of "sjw-types" that we discuss here are people who see humanistic morals the same way conservative ideas are developed. in the way that "because the bible is always right" comes from some catholics, a lot of people that think this way think that "anyone who isn't oppressed is wrong", and then suddenly that humanistic schema is simply a guise they can use to express their intolerance for people who don't seem to realise their privilege or do something that doesn't benefit "oppressed peoples"

i think it really does kinda come down to what gibby just said; it's a herd mentality and others put you in the wrong, the rest will come after you

Edited by evan
  • Like 3

Honestly, I think it's just an excuse to be superior-to-thou and spew bile without having to admit that it's bile.

Maybe I'm being old and condescending, but I really find it hard to believe that the average sheltered whitebread 13-year-old really groks and genuinely cares about systemic injustice.

My sense is that for SJWs, being politically correct is little more than a tribal signifier that allows SJWs to know who's "in" and who's "out."

Edited by Troj
  • Like 5

Honestly, I think it's just an excuse to be superior-to-thou and spew bile without having to admit that it's bile.

Maybe I'm being old and condescending, but I really find it hard to believe that most whitebread 13-year-olds really grok and genuinely care about systemic injustice and all its little nuances.

My sense is that for SJWs, being politically correct is little more than a tribal signifier that allows SJWs to know who's "in" and who's "out."

i guess that's what i kinda meant to say in the end, because your point is that they try to do what makes them in... correct, or "good"

it's basically this way in which nobody really is doing it for the purpose of what they say they are, but to simply see themselves as right based on what they think is the "right" way to live or what makes them a "better" person than someone else

• Like 2

Herd mentality or no, I'm still floored that someone could write those things with such conviction, read what they wrote, and not see some kind of problem. I agree with Troj in that I don't think these people REALLY react that strongly to the issues themselves. The way they write is very telling, their anger is directed not at the injustice but at an "oppressor", there's that element of wanting to do the right thing because it's the "right thing" and a note of wanting to be "the hero". The thing that's getting to me is that in their quest to be "right" they see some random girl who made fan art they didn't like and they don't flinch at treating her like she's on par with Josef Mengele. Even if they don't mean what they say, they're saying "I hope you die". Even if they're not being genuine in their wish that's a shitty thing to tell someone who hasn't done anything wrong. How they can either not see that or just continue to ignore it is really bothering me. 

Hell even if you're justified in feeling hatred or anger for someone those emotions can't make you "right" or "good".  Attacking the "bad" side doesn't make you a hero. I don't think these people can understand that. 

• Like 1

Nothing we could ever say to them would ever convince them that their actions are misguided and harmful, they will always think they are the champions of justice and good, fighting against oppressors, when the majority of them don't even know what they are fighting against they just follow the hate mob, hop onto the bandwagon and assume they are righting the wrongs of society when they are the ones who are in the wrong because they simply don't think for themselves.

They only react, which is what makes it all the sadder.

• Like 1

Once you move someone out of the "person" category and into the "other" category, that person becomes fair game. Hence labels like "oppressor" for the people being targeted by these mobs. The irony in those claiming to support social justice engaging in this kind of dehumanizing behavior is especially obscene.

Edited by Onnes
  • Like 5

And I'll add that by making everyone who does something they don't like an "oppressor" they're trivializing the issues that they claim to be addressing.  How can they expect other people to give a shit if even the tiniest, most ambiguous, display of insensitivity is some horrible crime that deserves an extreme reaction? Drawing a heavy character as being thinner isn't the same as viciously bullying someone for being overweight and it shouldn't be treated like it is. By increasing the severity of the former you're decreasing the awareness and attention the latter will receive. You make people want to care LESS about the issue.

Edited by Red Lion
  • Like 3

The main "tell" for me is how SJWs consistently move the goal posts to justify bullying someone.

For example, people flipped out because Zami cosplayed as a Homestuck character who looks like a geisha, on the grounds that "only Asians get to do that."

This delightful young furry and her dad nailed why THAT sentiment turned out to be disingenuous and problematic:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqogRVUM-H4

When I had my first run-in with real SJWs on a forum, they made a big to-do about my "privilege," and when I challenged their assumptions about me, they had all kinds of reasons why I was still a mean ol' privileged oppressor.

Sincere social justice advocates are sometimes misguided, myopic, bulldoggish, bitter, or naive, but I'd say even the angry, bitter activists give off a noticeably different vibe from the sorts of people who harrangued Zami.

As I'm thinking about it, I'm realizing that there's actually more than one type of social justice froot loop, but we've been calling all of them "SJWs."

• Like 3

I've been talking about it a lot recently, but I'm gonna put my head back in and mention my own personal experience with SJW harassment and how bad it can fuck a person up.

Straight up, I was harassed relentlessly for at least 3 months by an SJW I had previously considered a good friend. They lashed out at me one day for calling one of my friends "fag" as a little joke. That night, they continuously messaged me (they then dragging their little friend into it), telling me how much of a disgusting person I was and how much they hated me. This was after I had offered to let them move in with my sister so they could get away from their bad family life, just FYI. This shit tore me apart. However, I tried to stay strong, so I decided to cut contact with them and the friend.

However, about a month later the friend began to harass me on DeviantART, taking screenshots of everything I said and slandering my name on her own account. I approached them about this and asked them to stop it, since I hadn't talked to them or Quinn or anything since January. They called me a "psychotic bitch" and a "pussy" and then threatened to beat the shit out of me. I discussed this all with Quinn since I know they had direct involvement and they claimed that they would make the friend stop. But, guess what, they didn't.

In March, the friend of Quinn ended up making an account impersonating me on DA. They used my (at the time) Skype name, and did fucking awful shit like stealing other people's artwork, and directly targeting straight people, telling them to fucking kill themselves. Again, all this in MY USERNAME. After they were done with their little game they linked back to my real account and told the angry people to start harassing me, they claiming "I don't care what you say to me". This shit put me on the last edge. All of this had made me incredibly depressed, and it had all made me feel worthless and disgusting. I wanted it all to end. I wanted to fucking die. I started to cut up my thighs so that the pain of having someone I used to be close to do this would go away. I was stuck in a spiral of hating myself and wanting to sleep forever because of what these people were doing. I had been dealing with depression before this all started, but this just made it all overflow.

It does not matter if you think somebody's reaction to cyber bullying is "stupid" or "childish". It does not matter if you tell them to "block and move on". This shit does NOT just get forgotten. It is not that easy. If a person is depressed or has an undiagnosed mental illness, shit like this very well can tip them over the fucking edge. It doesn't matter how much worse other people have it. What fucking matters is how it effects the victim. This shit is fucking real, and it needs to be taken seriously. Having people continuously say that cyber bullying and harassment isn't real is like slapping the victims right in the fucking mouth. You're practically saying, "That shit doesn't matter, you don't matter". This attitude needs to fucking stop. Let the victims have a fucking voice, and quit telling them that they're stupid for reacting how they do.

• Like 7

Are they an Eskimo, perchance?

Seriously, it's especially bad when a friend does a 180 like that.

And how! I had a "friend" this year pull some odious bullshit on the group of friends I have. Then play the victim when we called his ass on it. Knew this clown 11 goddamn years and he had no respect for any of us.

• Like 1

And how! I had a "friend" this year pull some odious bullshit on the group of friends I have. Then play the victim when we called his ass on it. Knew this clown 11 goddamn years and he had no respect for any of us.

I know how it feels. Quinn keeps on playing the victim in all this even though I have a screencap of them directly admitting that they were harassing me for fun. That's gonna be good to show the police :3c

Sorry that happened to you Sidewalk. :(

I'm not even sure there's much you can do in a situation like that aside from deleting your account and starting over under a new secret identity. Or maybe posting a journal about how you're being impersonated. Not sure how effective it would be. Reporting them is pointless, because getting around bans is easy as hell...

If a person is depressed or has an undiagnosed mental illness, shit like this very well can tip them over the fucking edge.

That's the main reason why I try my hardest not to hurt people. Not only would I feel bad about it, but I don't know what other shit this person has had to go through. I don't want to push anyone off of the edge, I would feel way too guilty.

Edited by Phausk
  • Like 1