How do you correct this?

MissFleece

So my college had a costume contest today, and I wore my fursuit. Now, I figure I deserve this, since I did wear my partial to a public space, but bare with me.

I got a lot of good reactions! Specifically from the older crowd. People my age or younger got grabby. One memorial occasion was a strange dude who was having a conversation with me about getting a fursuit for his fursona suddenly reached over and grabbed my nose and tried to yank my head off! Wtf dude. You're an adult. I've only had 10 year olds do that. 

There was some tail pulling but that's usual, but the main thing that made me kinda ticked was one guy who followed me around.

Now this guy would stop everyone I talked to and tell them that I was wearing a fetish suit. I didn't notice he was following me until some people he talked to came back up to me to scold me. I corrected them, and remembered seeing this guy tailing me for quite a long time. I didn't want any trouble so I just went home after the contest. 

But what the fuck? Why would you feel the need to do that? Some self righteous bullshit? Some people...

In the future, how should I handle that kind of thing?

• Like 1

On a college campus? Take his picture and then tell him you are going to report him to administration for sexual harassment. Depending on his level of crazy, he'll either stay away as though you were death itself, or will proceed to make himself look (more) like an idiot.

• Like 1

I think you'll just have to keep an eye out for it in the future and if someone is harassing you. Perhaps you could confront them and politely ask them to stop? Otherwise you'll have to report it and take it further or just ignore it.

People like that (both Mr. Nose-Grabber and Mr. Look-at-the-Fetishist) just need to be told that their behavior is creepy, rude, and inappropriate.

Sometimes, a good way to handle know-it-alls like the latter guy is to calmly ask them to explain themselves, so that they end up digging their own grave as they have to respond to questions and flat reflections like, "Oh, what makes you say that?" "Have I been behaving inappropriately?" or  "You find my appearance 'sexual.'"

The goal is to appear calm, cool, and collected, so that the other person seems increasingly unfair or unhinged by comparison, and the other people present decide that it is your accuser who carries the "burden of proof," and not you.

As a cherry on top, I might insinuate that his fixation on pointing out the "fetishist" possibly stems from a closeted attraction to said fetish/fetishist--after all, if you're just having a fun, innocent time, and you're more covered up than some of the other people at the party, what's it say about him that he sees an animal costume and thinks about sex?

As Gin said, you could also insinuate that your accuser is being immature, pathetic, or uncool by beating an old drum that even SomethingAwful doesn't consider funny anymore.

Considering some of the seriously-sexualized costumes that some people wear, it's rather hypocritical and silly to accuse furries of being uniquely hyper-sexualized.

As a final note, if a person in a "sexy" outfit isn't "asking for it," then nether is a person in a fursuit. You don't need to feel like by wearing a fursuit, you invited negative attention.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 11

For the first guy, be firm and tell him that the behavior is inappropriate should you come across that type of person. The second scenario for the second guy is to also be firm and direct with him about running his mouth on something that is/isn't any of his business to begin with and add in "This isn't 4chan circa 2005. Act like an adult".

ITT, a bunch of people advocating assault or unhelpful sarcasm or even acts that fall under "violence" by the laws of many jurisdictions. Realize that none of these wisdom-givers would have the balls to actually do these things, which makes them try-hards, hypocrites and just outright foolish folks who want to look tough while giving OP nothing usable for the situation as it actually played out.

Please pay attention to the people that have given actionable, helpful advice. Have the wisdom to know the difference. Please don't stop doing what you did today,OP, you were not in the wrong.

• Like 6

Shit like that makes me happy I don't even try to bother with sharing the fact I am even half-ass involved with the furry community.

But seriously, some asshole is following you around and going out of their way to fuck with you... Confront the douche, and if they still want to spout off about their bullshit, punch them right in the fucking mouth.

Did you even talk to the prick?

Usually everything suddenly turns into "I didn't mean it like that" when you actually talk to the fucker.

Don't have any patience for people that figure they're going to go out of their way to fuck with you, call them on their shit.

Maybe it was because you were wearing fetish and kinkshit to a social gathering you raging autist. Seriously why do people think it's cool to wear this shit and get pissy when you get reactions. What exactly were you expecting.

EDIT: holry shet OP I just got a look at your fursuit. If you walked past me in that bad acid trip I'd give you shit too. 

You know, there was a time when I would have agreed with you, and I still do hate fursuits - but that's a bit uncalled for. It was a costume contest, they showed up in a costume.

• Like 1

Mixing it up with socially mal-adjusted pin heads while dealing with the visual and mobility limitations of a suit is probably not a good idea.

Suiting with a handler may be the best way to approach large gatherings of non-furrys.    They can run interference for you.

Thank you guys! I asked a friend to be my handler and she bailed last minute on me. It was a risk to suit without one and I knew it, but she's been really pissy with me lately and I didn't want her to ruin my good day, so I went anyway. 

I DID tell the guy that grabby hands at my head wasn't cool, so it's nice to know that was right. Next time I'll be sure to talk to staff about harassment if anything like the second guy repeats.

Also @Brass a lot of people are scared of her, it's ok :D

Maybe it was because you were wearing fetish and kinkshit to a social gathering you raging autist. Seriously why do people think it's cool to wear this shit and get pissy when you get reactions. What exactly were you expecting.

EDIT: holry shet OP I just got a look at your fursuit. If you walked past me in that bad acid trip I'd give you shit too. 

For real dude? Oh yeah, what were you expecting? You know how people are, you can't help asinine, childish behavior and borderline sexual harassment from grown-ass men, especially when you're wearing a freakin' animal costume! She was asking for it! 

Also wow, what's up your bum? I just looked at your post history and almost every single comment you've made is just about this totally unwarranted level of rude and obnoxious. Maybe you should stop projecting your insecurities onto others and chill out a little, eh? I would sympathize with your argument a little bit if it wasn't so full of vitriol and completely off base for the situation. OP's suit is clearly not sexual or fetishized in any way, and it's not like they're even just randomly walking around on the street, it's a costume contest. 

Thank you guys! I asked a friend to be my handler and she bailed last minute on me. It was a risk to suit without one and I knew it, but she's been really pissy with me lately and I didn't want her to ruin my good day, so I went anyway. 

I DID tell the guy that grabby hands at my head wasn't cool, so it's nice to know that was right. Next time I'll be sure to talk to staff about harassment if anything like the second guy repeats.

Also @Brass a lot of people are scared of her, it's ok :D

Good on you for letting that snide remark roll off your shoulders. Also your fursuit is badass. Makes me excited for when mine is finally ready :P

• Like 2

ITT, a bunch of people advocating assault or unhelpful sarcasm or even acts that fall under "violence" by the laws of many jurisdictions. Realize that none of these wisdom-givers would have the balls to actually do these things, which makes them try-hards, hypocrites and just outright foolish folks who want to look tough while giving OP nothing usable for the situation as it actually played out.

Please pay attention to the people that have given actionable, helpful advice. Have the wisdom to know the difference. Please don't stop doing what you did today,OP, you were not in the wrong.

I was just joking, bruh. Who said all advice on a furry forum was helpful or even legitimate?

To be honest there really isnt much you can do about stupid its pretty hard to cure but you did probably the only thing you could do and informed them of their ignorance to the facts. 

But really grown ass adults scolding another adult losers need to get a life  

Well, and the people who scolded Miss Fleece really ought to be ashamed of themselves, because taking some rumor as gospel and THEN immediately confronting the subject of the rumor as if the rumor were true is the very height of rudeness, moronic herd behavior, and immaturity.

They should know that they were completely out of line there. In the real adult world, that sort of behavior can cause you to lose friends, lose jobs, develop a bad reputation, or get your ass kicked, depending.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 1

pretty sure ive tased people before

but you wouldnt know that :v

For real dude? Oh yeah, what were you expecting? You know how people are, you can't help asinine, childish behavior and borderline sexual harassment from grown-ass men, especially when you're wearing a freakin' animal costume! She was asking for it! 

Also wow, what's up your bum? I just looked at your post history and almost every single comment you've made is just about this totally unwarranted level of rude and obnoxious. Maybe you should stop projecting your insecurities onto others and chill out a little, eh? I would sympathize with your argument a little bit if it wasn't so full of vitriol and completely off base for the situation. OP's suit is clearly not sexual or fetishized in any way, and it's not like they're even just randomly walking around on the street, it's a costume contest. 

Good on you for letting that snide remark roll off your shoulders. Also your fursuit is badass. Makes me excited for when mine is finally ready :P

Comparing rape culture to wearing a fetish suit in public makes you a piece of fucking garbage. No. No you're right. My bad. OP what is next years plan? Full leather and bondage gear? Or maybe latex is your speed. I think I'll wear my SS uniform. Hopefully people won't give me shit. Or maybe an Indian? No not a native american. A person from India. I have my call center voice down.

Well, and the people who scolded Miss Fleece really ought to be ashamed of themselves, because taking some rumor as gospel and THEN immediately confronting the subject of the rumor as if the rumor were true is the very height of rudeness, moronic herd behavior, and immaturity.

They should know that they were completely out of line there. In the real adult world, that sort of behavior can cause you to lose friends, lose jobs, develop a bad reputation, or get your ass kicked, depending.

So can wearing your mursuit in public. 

you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Unless of course pink panther, disney cartoons, mascots, Egyptian artifacts, and beanie babies all count as fetish material to you too, lmao

Those are funny animals. These are products of being a furfag. Being 19 years old and still thinking that you're some sort of dog. Spending an obscene amount of money on bad art (and sucking mad dick when you run low). And dressing up like an animal creature that is your "fursona"... well that's a fetish. Well unless you're Allen. Then it's just a lifestyle.

EDIT: The fact that you can't tell the difference between these things is likely a tell of how delusional you are. Or in your case, a tail. 

Edited by Brass

Those are funny animals. These are products of being a furfag. Being 19 years old and still thinking that you're some sort of dog. Spending an obscene amount of money on bad art (and sucking mad dick when you run low). And dressing up like an animal creature that is your "fursona"... well that's a fetish. Well unless you're Allen. Then it's just a lifestyle.

EDIT: The fact that you can't tell the difference between these things is likely a tell of how delusional you are. Or in your case, a tail. 

I shouldn't be surprised that "Brass" rhymes with "Ass". You're an asshole.

There's literally no difference, they're both fictional anthropomorphic animal characters. Whether or not it is portrayed sexually is what determines if it's fetish material.

We probably shouldn't goad him on, based on the nature of his dozen or so posts, and his lack of profile info, he's likely just a troll. Cute.

And just why are you on a furry forums? Because all I seem to hear is negative stuff about furs.

Aren't you a little miss sunshine?

We probably shouldn't goad him on, based on the nature of his dozen or so posts, and his lack of profile info, he's likely just a troll. Cute.

Who would troll by pretending to be some bitter random who hangs around people they don't even like? That would be even sadder than the real thing.

• Like 3

Well here's your response. 

There's literally no difference, they're both fictional anthropomorphic animal characters. Whether or not it is portrayed sexually is what determines if it's fetish material.

I have a dozen or so posts (as opposed to my 100s of shitposts on faf) because phoenix is still rather new. I dunno how long I've been around but nothing short of a guy hitting me with a truck is going to keep me away for long.

@lambchops

Seriously though. I knew you can't be new to this. Get a handler. If you don't like to break character or speak while suiting you can signal with common hand gestures.

Ok ok...let's not get on Brass too hard. I've interacted with him and he's pretty chill. He just....tends to speak his mind and comes off as quite abrasive. Ok....VERY abrasive. 

Yes yes. He seems bitter and spiteful, and yes he's an Asshole, but he's quite accepting and understanding while keeping his views on things.

On topic:
@MissFleece I personally think you handled the situation well. Kept relatively calm and even attempted to properly inform people around you. 

As Brass said, try having a handler or group of friends around next time. It could definitely come in handy. 

Ok ok...let's not get on Brass too hard. I've interacted with him and he's pretty chill. He just....tends to speak his mind and comes off as quite abrasive. Ok....VERY abrasive. 

Yes yes. He seems bitter and spiteful, and yes he's an Asshole, but he's quite accepting and understanding while keeping his views on things.

On topic:
@MissFleece I personally think you handled the situation well. Kept relatively calm and even attempted to properly inform people around you. 

As Brass said, try having a handler or group of friends around next time. It could definitely come in handy. 

If there is a local fur group or "meet" in the area, I'm sure getting to know them would be in the best interest. Not only will you be making friends with fellow weirdos but you'll also have a pool of people to invite to events. Fursuiting alone is a bad idea. Only a dumb person would do this. Not only are you at the mercy of normies, but common things become hazards (stairs, walk ways, rooms with chairs...) that you may need help navigating. 

Brass has been on since ye ol' FAF. If he be a troll he aint a new one

So my college had a costume contest today, and I wore my fursuit. Now, I figure I deserve this, since I did wear my partial to a public space, but bare with me.

I got a lot of good reactions! Specifically from the older crowd. People my age or younger got grabby. One memorial occasion was a strange dude who was having a conversation with me about getting a fursuit for his fursona suddenly reached over and grabbed my nose and tried to yank my head off! Wtf dude. You're an adult. I've only had 10 year olds do that. 

There was some tail pulling but that's usual, but the main thing that made me kinda ticked was one guy who followed me around.

Now this guy would stop everyone I talked to and tell them that I was wearing a fetish suit. I didn't notice he was following me until some people he talked to came back up to me to scold me. I corrected them, and remembered seeing this guy tailing me for quite a long time. I didn't want any trouble so I just went home after the contest. 

But what the fuck? Why would you feel the need to do that? Some self righteous bullshit? Some people...

In the future, how should I handle that kind of thing?

Well, you see, I can't give specific details, but I heard that there's some M9's for sale down the road. If you go down to the homeless guy under the-