What do you drive?

Azu

That thing is a beauty. Do you know what went wrong with it?

threw a rod :( dyno'd the fucker at 981 with a couple of 6266's @ 8psi... got a few shots down the road with a bit more boost and now it's fucked. fucking huge disappointment.

Edited by Wrecker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

jeez, you'd think with all your riches you'd be handling something a little bit more up the ladder

Rule #1 to being rich: live within your means. Besides, I buy for the most techy and nerdy stuff, not showy, and at the time this was it. It's basically a smartphone on wheels (though note the tinted windows, custom mirrors and wheels, and extra lights wherever I could shove them, cause SHINY!)

2 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Rule #1 to being rich: live within your means. Besides, I buy for the most techy and nerdy stuff, not showy, and at the time this was it. It's basically a smartphone on wheels (though note the tinted windows, custom mirrors and wheels, and extra lights wherever I could shove them, cause SHINY!)

in a fiat? tint, mirrors, fogs and wing lights... ok... oh and little 15" wheels?

that's a grand total, of holy fuck, a whopping, maybe at the worst 3k.

rule #1 to being a huge jamtart - talk up your fiat.

6 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

in a fiat? tint, mirrors, fogs and wing lights... ok... oh and little 15" wheels?

that's a grand total, of holy fuck, a whopping, maybe at the worst 3k.

rule #1 to being a huge jamtart - talk up your fiat.

I don't drive a fiat :D

Also, you evidently missed the Fiat vs Bitcoin joke :/

Edited by Rassah

21 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I don't drive a fiat :D

Also, you evidently missed the Fiat vs Bitcoin joke :/

ok, how much do you want to drop on a run on the strip then? my boss wasn't the only fucking thing i had.

shoot out a number, i'll meet you in the middle, i live in alberta, and i'd be happy to run you in the states.

i bet my old triton would blow the doors off of you... you're only lining up with a truck, should be easy, right?

Edited by Wrecker

14 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

ok, how much do you want to drop on a run on the strip then? my boss wasn't the only fucking thing i had.

shoot out a number, i'll meet you in the middle, i live in alberta, and i'd be happy to run you in the states.

i bet my old triton would blow the doors off of you... you're only lining up with a truck, should be easy, right?

Uh... What? No shit your car will kick my Prius's ass.

But it will only cost me $84 in gas to drive to you from DC :P

1 minute ago, Rassah said:

Maybe once I get a Piper Comanche or Cessna 172, we can have a proper race ;)

And I'll be guaranteed to waste more in gas than you too :(

I thought we were talking about things that move around on wheels here... I'll be wasting more on e85 than your stupid Prius :(

• 4 weeks later...

I love cars.  The beetle is now over 250hp.  Bought it new (03) and only 66k miles.    The mustang is an 86 GT with a lot of go-fast goodies.  Behind me is a V6 Ranger XLE with manual transmission.  It's my beater with 180k miles.  Invincible, love that truck.  In front of those cars are a 72 Kawasaki F7 with 3k original miles and an 73 Honda CL350 Scrambler with 3500 original miles.  

My cars.JPG

• Like 2

A white, peeling paint, '92 Buick Lesabre. My first car that I bought for $400 from my first landlord, during my first year of college. Lots of firsts. It now has a dent in the back door from where my grandma in law backed her truck into it, but the door still opens. I also have a yellow mountain lion decal on the back window.http://www.cardecalgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/panther-cougar-car-decal-sticker.jpg It kind of looks like that, but I can't find the exact one.

• Like 1

Now that I had my Saturn for a few months, let me describe it better. It is an '03 with a 3.0 liter V6 pumping 200 horses. It also has AWD, which is handy in the winter, and a sunroof, which is handy in the summer. I have a bunch of heavy metal stickers on the back, my favorites being the Cleveland Mosh Team and Iron Maiden ones. I have a nice red and black steering wheel cover to improve the worn steering wheel, as my car was well used before I got it. And now it has a nice aftermarket stereo, manufactured by Pioneer. Now, my car has its creaks and squeaks, but it drives great and is surprisingly nimble for a 12 year old SUV.

20151117_015615.thumb.jpg.4f0d37c83611eb

@Wrecker

Did you mistreat the motor, or perhaps forget to change the Oil?  Im on my third mustang and i havent had any motor troubles....  And i race them!

EDIT: 900+ HP WTF, No wonder you blasted a rod, do you realize how high the compression on those motors is, You should have built a forged bottom end before trying that much power on it.....  Then it might have survived.  Perhaps even lowered the compression a bit also, they sell kits to do that....  11 to 1 compression ratio with factory pistons, rods, and heads, and adding boost, its like adding some AMFO to your C4.  Did you then not expect an explosion???  Im suprised it actually made a few runs like that, shows how well the motors are designed if the stock block survived such a death wish.

BTW ive had a 2004 Mustang Convertible with a stroker, a 1996 GT 4.6 with a bunch of mods, and now my 2007 GT Deluxe with a bunch of mods, no motor trouble but i took care of them....   https://phoenix.corvidae.org/topic/2032-xanders-rides/

20151021_073855.thumb.jpg.8a0e3cd44a0538

Edited by Xander Venterus
omg//////////

Look at this pile of ass

pv4lAsG.jpg

She might not look like much but she gets me from point A to point B quite well. And she's good at playing my music.

But now winter is upon us. And she is haunted by front wheel drive AND broken front shocks making the car real low in front. Not so good for heavy winter weather we get up here!

But she's a motherfucking fighter lemme tell you that much she is determined to defeat winter again.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a black, kinda rusty, 1998 Honda Civic DX (hatchback) that we affectionately named Little Nimble (or Copbait Whoohaha! since it literally attracts cops like chum to sharks...sometimes his name is Grumpgrump since he acts like an old man) with over 400,000 km on him and a 'majestic blue' 2006 Nissan Altima SE we got last summer named Majestic Moose. I'd take a new, better pic of Nimble, but he's under 3' of snow right now as he's becoming our new project car.

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_20140604_110234946_HDR c.jpg

22 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I can't see it. Is your wheelchair parked behind the car? 

The Placard is in the windshields bottom left corner if thats what you mean.  I was hit by a drunk driver and have Spinal damage & severe nerve damage to my leg.  I can still walk, but not properly, and its painfull.

Edited by Xander Venterus

12 minutes ago, Xander Venterus said:

The Placard is in the windshields bottom left corner if thats what you mean.  I was hit by a drunk driver and have Spinal damage & severe nerve damage to my leg.  I can still walk, but not properly, and its painfull.

What is a "Placard?"

I drive a 92 GMC Vandura. It's my work car. I improved the audio in it so I can take it to the park and listen to my tunes while I hang out, or if I want to just relax and hang out in my yard and listen to music. I'm not that obnoxious guy that blasts his music while driving down the street, don't worry.

vandura.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/9/2016 at 0:52 PM, malibu said:

I drive a 92 GMC Vandura. It's my work car. I improved the audio in it so I can take it to the park and listen to my tunes while I hang out, or if I want to just relax and hang out in my yard and listen to music. I'm not that obnoxious guy that blasts his music while driving down the street, don't worry.

vandura.jpg

Sweet conversion van!