What do you drive?

Azu

99 Chevrolet Cavalier that has over 150K miles, not sure how many anymore but it's probably about 20K more than the odometer states, since I replaced the Cluster.

Bought the car in March of 2014 because I had just got a new job that required transportation. The car died about a month later, right after a trip upstate, I found that I put a rod through the engine. Drove my father's car for about a month or so while he and I worked to replace the engine. Car's been running with that engine ever since, but the car's not been without problems.

-Had to install a push button for the ignition because it wouldn't give the starter power after we replaced the engine
-Replaced the flex pipe TWICE
-Replaced the brittle brake line after stopping abruptly when I didn't realize how sharp a turn off an interstate exit was (and ended up putting a hole in the line)
-Bent the rim on a tire, as well as driving the spare for too long, had to replace both
-Had an accident last February on an icy on-ramp, pushed the front bumper to the left, now the hood doesn't align properly, but the car still drives fine. Had to replace a fender and a marker light. The paint's all scratched off on the front bumper too.

There's also a crack in the windshield that's been there since I got the car, it doesn't bother me since it's near the top, and it's not getting bigger. Paint's been chipping slightly, and fuel gauge doesn't work after I've gotten the car running for more than a few minutes (I have to watch my odometer to determine when I need gas). The car shifts later than it should (at least I think so) and it accelerates oddly between 70-80. The temp gauge is also wonky, at least it knows when the engine's overheating though.

Also the car absolutely hates the cold and will take several tries to start in extreme cold, and I need to give it some acceleration while it warms up or it will stall out. Once it's been running for more than a few minutes, it's fine. I think that requirement is killing my MPG though.

Still, I'll probably drive this car until it quits on me completely. I'll be willing to replace minor parts to keep it running, but anything big, like another engine, and I'll just junk it and get another.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BlitzCo said:

A 2004 black Chevy suburban.

Yes I drive a mom's car, but to be honest, I like the SUV, it's never broke down once for starters.

That's not a mom's car, that's a government agent car. Is it slick black with tinted windows?

Just now, LazerMaster5 said:

That's not a mom's car, that's a government agent car. Is it slick black with tinted windows?

yep.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if it used to be own by the feds since it's also a used car. 

23 hours ago, Vitaly said:

My chariot for the past 1,5 years

Photo shows consequences of recent passionate love between rear bumper and snowdrift

56ddc0db86639_P_20151225_1644483.png.93c

The legends are true! Oh wait, you said snowdrift. Nevermind then If you wanna tell me more about what happened feel free to do so dude. Whatever floats your boat, just sayin'

Anyway, do russians really drive as crazily as the stereotype depicts them or is it just a myth?

22 minutes ago, Amiir said:

If you wanna tell me more about what happened feel free to do so dude. Whatever floats your boat, just sayin'

Oh, it was horrible.

I smash it right in front of two snowmens... 

I think they were his kids... 

Now they are orphans I guess.

24 minutes ago, Amiir said:

Anyway, do russians really drive as crazily

It depends on concentration of alcohol in blood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daily is a '15 Mazda 3.

But I have a 74 BMW 2002 in the shop right now getting a full body resto.

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should keep the stock m10 engine or, you know, throw something stupidly overpowered into it like an S14B20 or go full BASTARD and drop in an EJ20 or 4G63.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a beat up 2004 Ford Focus ZTS, manual transmission, 2.3L engine (the good one). Has 285k miles on it. Besides your typical wear items and some other minor things failing, I have not had any major trans or engine failures yet which impresses me. The body's beat up and rusted though. Dents, dents everywhere. While Focuses are popular to mod I never did any major mods besides the sound system, and a few hacks of my own to make things easier on myself.

So, have a picture of a car that looks like mine (but cleaner) but isn't mine.
73788664.jpg

On 12/20/2015 at 0:46 AM, Rassah said:

ZGjrh4e.jpg

Sumeone I know drives a Fiat with a license plate like mine #MindBlown

Of course. A Bitcoin license plate.

On 2/8/2016 at 0:52 PM, malibu said:

I drive a 92 GMC Vandura. It's my work car. I improved the audio in it so I can take it to the park and listen to my tunes while I hang out, or if I want to just relax and hang out in my yard and listen to music. I'm not that obnoxious guy that blasts his music while driving down the street, don't worry.

vandura.jpg

Your sound system makes me hard.

On 3/7/2016 at 2:23 PM, 6tails said:

What's the actual legal limit there, like 0.3 or something?

In soviet russia there is no legal limit.

• 2 weeks later...

My cars so far;

Renault Clio '94 (Worst car I have ever driven.. Want to turn on the wipers because it's raining? Well the rain will also cause the alarm lights to go on randomly)
Golf '91 (the version slightly below the GTX) Loved this one to bits
Subaru Impreza CZ Sport '02 (Japan import) great car, expensive as hell in maintenance, i lost around 1200-1400 euros a year on it
Subaru Forester 2.2 Turbo (Parents car, used it quite a bit). Great car, great thing to piss of the people with their tuned Golf/astra's. You will beat them without even trying

Now I drive:

Toyota Prius 2004 business edition. Was cheap as hell, and still is. And for conventions/festivals I can bring a ton of mead, outfits etc :D (and yes I know, rofl lol he drives a Prius, get it out of your system :P )

2009 Chevy Aveo LT. Probably the newest vehicle I've owned since I bought my Saab back in 2007/8ish, that was a 2003 (and couldn't afford it after a while).

It's had a few problems since I purchased it last month, but thus far, everything was <400 to fix or ignorable. Gets me to/from work just fine.

Anyone on this forum from the UK on a budget? I got a 2004 Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec in Black for £1500 with 88k miles on it. Pretty good considering the cambelt change was included in the price. It's nothing special, and hates to be put in reverse but it's my first vehicle and I love it :x

Black_Ford_Fiesta_X100_-_006.jpg

This isn't the one I drive, but my one is a three door model, UK layout and manual.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was sure I posted in here. Anyway...

I drive this thing:

20150514_141915_zpsknkhmco4.jpg

Been driving it for over 4 years now. Rebuilt the rear wheels a few weeks ago. My recent 4-hour drive to Sherbrooke served as a test drive. :P

It's been driven through some seriously shitty weather. Snow, freezing rain, thunderstorms, foggy nights, and combinations of those, I've done them all.

On 7/17/2016 at 3:30 PM, Jerry said:

I was sure I posted in here. Anyway...

I drive this thing:

20150514_141915_zpsknkhmco4.jpg

Been driving it for over 4 years now. Rebuilt the rear wheels a few weeks ago. My recent 4-hour drive to Sherbrooke served as a test drive. :P

It's been driven through some seriously shitty weather. Snow, freezing rain, thunderstorms, foggy nights, and combinations of those, I've done them all.

You drive a Tercel? I heard those things are indestructible.

2 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How are you enjoying your Toyota?

When I went to get spare keys, the idiots would be like "Oh, I can't find a pontiac key that matches this." I had to get them to try a Toyota key blank.
Also, none of the Lowes/Home Depot ones worked. Only the ones I got from ACE worked. 
So now I have to remember that I may have to look at Toyota parts to get the right things. But hell, if it lasts a million years....

Also, for some reason it has Dexcool in it and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

When I went to get spare keys, the idiots would be like "Oh, I can't find a pontiac key that matches this." I had to get them to try a Toyota key blank.
Also, none of the Lowes/Home Depot ones worked. Only the ones I got from ACE worked. 
So now I have to remember that I may have to look at Toyota parts to get the right things. But hell, if it lasts a million years....

Also, for some reason it has Dexcool in it and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Judging from the heat GM has gotten over it, probably not.

18 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

You drive a Tercel? I heard those things are indestructible.

Didn't I tell you about it on Skype? :P

But yeah, these things can turn into rust but they just won't die.

14 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

You posted yourself doing the rear brakes, I think. Also, nice license plate

That's right. But I didn't post in this particular topic.

You probably guessed that it's a purely decorative plate LOL. The bumper is moulded to directly install a front plate. But Quebec doesn't require one, so it leaves an empty recess in the front. That's pretty ugly.

And I had this vintage blue license plate laying around. I thought the colour would fit. :P

• 11 months later...

my car. very heavy and not very fuel efficient either

[EDIT] RIP my car. it had its mot test toady. it was immaculate on the top but the chassis was rotted through, and will cost more to fix than what the cars worth. means i have a car with no mot so i cant drive it on the road and i need to find a new one :(. rip my car. 2003-2017. forever in our hearts.

13631629_919902598132794_5285589251374161284_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own a White 95 Chevy Blazer 4wd with a 4.3 V6 and I bought it with only 145,000 miles on it about seven months ago. The previous owner lived on a rough mountain road so I had to replace shocks, sway bar bushings, it's idler arm as well as getting rid of a bad catalytic converter. I'm still sorting small things out on it but after putting 3,000 miles on it it's still going pretty strong. It really needed a full tuneup since it still had it's factory spark plugs and wires.  Currently it has a tendency to act up in the heat (85F +)  and doesn't want to stay running after a long drive on a hot day, but I have a good idea on whats causing it. 

15894285_1364075616970045_8515300765552421415_n.jpg

• Like 1

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Blight Hyaenodon said:

Bought my aunts old Lexus a year or so ago. Its an older model but in good condition to me at least (it runs). Its black cherry color and overall nice enough to go back and forth to work in. Very happy I decided to buy it when I did.

What model? 

2009 Honda Fit Sport with 5-speed manual. Bought her last October with 45,000 miles on the clock, and right now I'm around 57,000.

My 1997 Honda Accord that I've owned since 2007 is in the background. Since it's been retired as my daily driver, it's my project car to do whatever I want whenever I have the money to.

IMG_0047.jpg

At the moment a 2004 Toyota Sequoia (pictures to come). It's grey. Though it's not even really my car, it's one me and my brothers share though I got it because I'm working in South Carolina for the summer as an intern. I really want to get a Suburu WRX (maybe an STI) when I graduate as my first car. I test drove it and fell in love with that car. Plus I've only really heard positives about them in the past.

WRX_2018_explore_01.jpg

At the moment, an ancient Mazda B2200 pick-up.

My hailstorm-surviving '96 Subaru Legacy Outback may have driven its last.  After 350,000 miles, the automatic transmission started acting up, and the torque converter clutch is telling the computer something's wrong with the solenoid.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

At the moment, an ancient Mazda B2200 pick-up.

My hailstorm-surviving '96 Subaru Legacy Outback may have driven its last.  After 350,000 miles, the automatic transmission started acting up, and the torque converter clutch is telling the computer something's wrong with the solenoid.

So If I'm hearing you right, Suburu's last forever and are pretty good cars to invest into?

• Like 1