What do you drive?

Azu

I can only assume that this board is for cars, so cars I will post. Dis mah baby:

l4SOApv.jpg?1

'02 Volkswagen Golf Mk4 SE - Manual - The funny thing is that I used to think hatchbacks were butt-ugly until I saw this thing up close, now I love 'em.

So whutchu drivin'?

1998 Ford Expedition with the 5.4L Triton V8. It's got over 259,000 miles on it and just had a top-end rebuild in July thanks to a valve failure.

Now, if I could just figure out this fucking Bank 1 / Bank 2 Too Lean code problem I'd probably be able to get another 259,000 miles out of it before it vaporizes in a cloud of rust.

BSY7jpOCIAAZXoA.jpg

This tow job is from 2013 and, if I recall correctly, was due to a complete failure of the steering system (the power steering pump decided that the ground needing the PS fluid more than it did, and the tie rod ends were shot).

A Pontiac G6, unsure of the year. Technically it's my parent's car, they just gave it to me for going to appointments and stuff. If I had a decent job, I'd get a junky 80s Buick Regal, Cutlass Supreme, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, or a Firebird to restore. I want to know what it's like to drive with a v8 under the hood ;.;

Also for some reason everyone and their mom has Mustangs around my area... No not the good ones, the 90s/00s models.

I drive a 2007 Honda Element EX, a little over 200k miles.

I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension someday to make the bumps easier on the car, replacing the windshield at some point due to a creaking crack, getting the timing belt adjusted, and getting the electronics checked out.

I'm very happy with it, it is an amazing vehicle suprisingly, I purchased it via loan a month ago.

I got a couple of 60w 8" Altec Lansing house subwoofers I could probably toss on my 150w inverter and do a split off to line, throw those into the floorboards of the back seat. Or one in the trunk and one under the passenger seat. It has all the cutoff filters and such built-in so I can just feed it the raw line-in signal. Not a lot of punch but a whole lot more rumble versus the 6x9s in the rear dash or 6" cones in the doors.

But then I'd need to find something else to sit my sound chair upon.

I have two 12" MTX subs in a box for a single cab truck, fits right behind my seat perfect. And an older Rockford Punch 360a2 amp but need to put it in, been putting it off for a while now lol

I drive The Great White Buffalo, a 1997 Ford OBS (Old Body Style) F250 Heavy Duty 4X4. Last ones before the infamous Super Duty body style. 156K miles or so on the 7.5L V8/E4OD/4.10 powertrain. It has a BW 4407 Transfer case that doesn't leak. Imagine that.

My wife drives a 2005 Ford Explorer XLS with a 4.0 V6, purchased brand new. It has about 53K miles on it (really). I'm concerned that it has occasional rough engagement into reverse once the trans is warm. The guy that services it for us says not to worry - run it until it pukes. Only $4,000 to replace, he says . . .

Sorry, no pictures of the Exploder. I posted a pic of The Buffalo in another thread.

Look at ma cute little car :3

[Pictures of adorable grey Fiat]

Aw, hell yes, I love small cars, I have no idea why. I drive a 2006 Mini Cooper S, stick shift. I love the little thing but it drains money from me because repairs are so expensive.

des.thumb.jpg.8fe1d020293f962800dd98bdc8

• Like 1

I drive a 2007 Honda Element EX, a little over 200k miles.

I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension someday to make the bumps easier on the car, replacing the windshield at some point due to a creaking crack, getting the timing belt adjusted, and getting the electronics checked out.

I'm very happy with it, it is an amazing vehicle suprisingly, I purchased it via loan a month ago.

If you get that timing belt adjusted, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a Saturn Astra, I hate it because it was manufactured in Germany and adopted a lot of European designs I don't like, but I'm driving it because it was a free hand me down and I don't say no to free stuff.  I hope to trade it in for a Honda Accord v6 coupe one day. Honda and Toyota are two of my favorite manufactures

And... The Ranger I was looking at is a hunk of junk. The frame is cracked by the passengers side suspension, the brakes are rough, and the shifter for the automatic transmission sucks. But hey, you never know until you test drive it. On the plus side, we found a 2003 Saturn Vue with AWD and a 3.0 Liter v6 that drove absolutely fantastic. If it is still there on Saturday, I want to buy it.