What a crock of shit -- advice?

Gamedog

I'm rather confused by all this concern about the alleged house itself.  Why would someone care if they just wanted the money they were owed?  Why would anyone care fuck one about the house?  Hell if the house got sold, that would mean that there was money to pay debts.  You don't like, want to still rent and LIVE in that house, do you?

Edited by AshleyAshes

Now it's a matter of making sure this con-man doesn't fuck over other people like gamedog is getting fucked, by selling them a house which is not legally habitable and illegally being listed.

The law on this in Canada almost exactly mirrors that of California, once again. Various issues with the house and any disputes regarding it must be listed during a sale. Otherwise it's false/misleading advertising, which seems to be the MO for this guy.

That would be inconsistent with Clayton's own post.  He even refers to it as a secondary thought and says that his primary goal is to get a stay on any sales until the legal issue between him and the landlord is settled rather than altruistic consumer protection.

Now it's a matter of making sure this con-man doesn't fuck over other people like gamedog is getting fucked, by selling them a house which is not legally habitable and illegally being listed.

The law on this in Canada almost exactly mirrors that of California, once again. Various issues with the house and any disputes regarding it must be listed during a sale. Otherwise it's false/misleading advertising, which seems to be the MO for this guy.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before in this thread, but we have a suspicion that the story he told us about being ripped off by a cabinet guy is false, and that he was the one who did the ripping off. We'd like to keep him from doing this to someone else, which is half the reason why we want to do all of this.
Him falsely advertising his house without disclosing important information is not only illegal, but it's wrong.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the guy is an absolute snake.

I was looking through my photos last night for ones to print, and I found this one. It's dated as Oct 28th, and that right there beside my delicious icedcapp is the signed contract. I found that a little funny. I should have taken a close-up picture of it on the counter.

http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/o9/qu/hc/x6cu8d.jpg

Nowhere was it implied that both parties do not have a copy of the contract.

Though that possibility remains.

We both have copies of the signed contract. Though we believe that he's probably already ripped his up to claim that we never signed one. I figured a photo of the contract, signed, in his house would seal the deal should that lie be brought up in court.

The guy really isn't smart, legal-wise.

We both have copies of the signed contract. Though we believe that he's probably already ripped his up to claim that we never signed one. I figured a photo of the contract, signed, in his house would seal the deal should that lie be brought up in court.

The guy really isn't smart, legal-wise.

Can you explain how, in your interestingly operating mind, that you think that  PHOTO of the contract is somehow of value when one has the ACTUAL PHYSICAL CONTRACT WITH THE SIGNATURE OF BOTH PARTIES ON IT?

Edited by AshleyAshes

Wait, you're claiming you signed a contract without BOTH parties having copies of the signed contract...?

Wasn't it implicit stated that both have a contract. Damn Ashley you're slipping hard dude

EDIT: Claybay a photo of a contract doesn't count as a physical copy 

Because the scamlord can try to claim there was no such contract and that the current one being presented is a forgery.

Cause a grainy cellphone photo would somehow trump the physical contract with the guys actual signature in his own hand writing on it?

And hell, if one can forge a contract, one can more easily forge a shitty photo of a contract.  The photo would be straight up child's play to forge in comparison.

Because the scamlord can try to claim there was no such contract and that the current one being presented is a forgery.

My thoughts exactly. I imagine if I were to present that photo and say "we were in his house on Oct 28th and signed the contract, it's there on the counter", ScamLord could claim "how do we know that's a contract and not just junkmail" or w.e.
If I took an up-close photo, that's solid proof and he can't weasel his way out of it.
He and his lawyer are already fishing for time by being sneaky. That's why he wants to sell his house, in hopes that he can wash his hands of it and run.

• Like 1

Yeah they might give you shit. 

For personal, health-related reasons that I can't disclose, the lease is in the name of my roommate, and I signed as a witness.
The contract was stating that both of us were to move in, with F&L exchanged for the construction work we did on the house.

If you're referring to witnesses in total, there are:
me, my roommate, my coworker, a neighbour, a tree service man.
Tree-service guy watched us working on the house and actually told us to be wary of the landlord because he's "cheap as hell". Neighbour saw us and gave us the same warning. We were on edge since then. We have contacted everyone involved and received statements in the form of recorded phonecalls.
Coworker assisted us in the pipe camera inspection and cleaning, and was there for the contract.
Landlord understands the issue that I won't disclose, and agreed for me to sign as a witness. Lawyer agreed this was a good decision.

Well, it IS the internet. Taking everything seriously or at immediate face value has time and time again shown to be a very fallacious move.

Reddit + Boston bombing, anyone?

yes, it should be clear that i'm not denying that, that's an inherent moral here, but i'm talking about the fact that i've almost never seen ashley reply to something by responding to the content, but instead criticizing some aspect about it. if she can't find something to criticize she will question the validity of your story in this way that suggests a high level of paranoia

if there are precedents (and i know one of them, i was there for it where she was right, the OP of that particular thread was lying) then i can understand why you'd want to question things. but sometimes i feel like she's just trying to pull straws to look right. are there times where it could be that she finds the other person's narrative absurd? sure, but...why is there such an inclination to assume that first? we get nowhere if we assume every OP is a blatant lie.

Edited by evan
  • Like 1

Daily reminder that Ashley was that kid in your PHI101 class who argued every point with the professor and made you come to sympathize with Hitler.

Every now and then you do serve up the gold.

You forgot to remind everyone you're a faggot. 

Also the landlord still has not paid and never will. 

Where is the money?

Edited by #00Buck

Canadian Netflix is lame. :( Right now I'm the couch with my HTPC and laptop instead. :P

I'm kinda poor and the best I have is amazon student prime. What do you use as a HTPC? I have an ASUS VM60-G072R that I bought off of amazon back when it was like ~$200. Wasn't a bad piece of hardware at that piece. 

I'm kinda poor and the best I have is amazon student prime. What do you use as a HTPC? I have an ASUS VM60-G072R that I bought off of amazon back when it was like ~$200. Wasn't a bad piece of hardware at that piece. 

I'm disgustingly overkill and I use fill blown PC's running Windows 7 and Kodi (Formerly XBMC) for the interface.  The living room machine is an i7 3770k that was built out of spare parts... Because I'm a normal, healthy person who had most of a 3770K in spare parts. D:

I'm disgustingly overkill and I use fill blown PC's running Windows 7 and Kodi (Formerly XBMC) for the interface.  The living room machine is an i7 3770k that was built out of spare parts... Because I'm a normal, healthy person who had most of a 3770K in spare parts. D:

god damn cat

claybae isn't going to love me any more for derailing his thread and talking to you but hey baby do you need some coolant for those processors ohoho

Oh please, all he does with this thread is post some variation 'I talked to the lawyer and nothing of interest has happened'.  If anything, this is an improvement.