What are your experiences with evicting someone?

MissFleece

Depends on what kind of contract you and your roommate have and your relationship.  You could be stuck with them for a while if they try to fight it and want to take it to court. There are laws that can be abused by squatters to stay in a place months after an eviction without paying rent because of how long the court process takes.

a lot of screaming and profanity and unshaded hostility thrown your way that you probably dont deserve. id wear some headphones maybe? while sitting in the living room eyeballing every move they make. nobody steals from me goddammit

• Like 1

All I got is a verbal contract (backed up with a recording of the discussion) 

Things are pretty wish washy relationship wise. She was my ex but we were still on talking grounds and I still give her a ride to work. So hostility is most likely going to happen. Most uncomfortable thing is she'll be moving back in with her mom...my next door neighbor. 

Well I learned she was spreading some nasty rumors after visiting a friend of hers. I figure if I'm such a toxic person, why live with me?

how will you evict someone like that?

check your tenancy laws, i know that tenants get like 30 days or so here before being evicted

I plan to evict my roommate this weekend, I'm getting a notice and I'm going to request an officer supervise her move on the date she decides. What should I expect, good and bad?

You'll just let her stay. 

You were going to get her kicked out before. 

Then suddenly it was all good again. 

Whatever you do, don't back down. People like that don't change. Besides, it should be an easy move, if her mom lives next door.

I'm trying not to change my mind. She's really good at getting back into my good graces. She must have known I was mad at her because she cleaned the house while I was gone (which she hasn't done in a month) and got a ride to and from work from other people. If I get mad she'll turn it on me, but this time she's getting the fuck out. I've been hurt too much and I can't keep going on like this. 

So double posting cuz sorry :/ 

She cleaned, tried to show she was trying to communicate, and worked out a way to get to work without me...she also told me I no longer had to cook for her...

I have no idea what to do. Those were all of my issues with her. Is she manipulating me because she knew I was upset or is she honestly trying to change? Dare I trust her or do I just throw her out? God I feel like shit...

You said it yourself she's really good at getting back into your good graces. And I think it sounds like she can tell that you're upset and is manipulating the situation. People don't just suddenly change, I think it'd be best for you in the long term to evict her. Stick to your guns MissFleece. Whatever you do goodluck!

• Like 1

You said it yourself she's really good at getting back into your good graces. And I think it sounds like she can tell that you're upset and is manipulating the situation. People don't just suddenly change, I think it'd be best for you in the long term to evict her. Stick to your guns MissFleece. Whatever you do goodluck!

okey doke. In that case I'll stick to the plan and give her the notice when I'm slightly more sober.

Edit: Told her she needed to move, she sobbed and ran off with a friend, and ketchup fucks wont leave me alone. I feel like shit :D 

ketchup fuck.jpg

Edited by MissFleece
  • Like 1

So double posting cuz sorry :/ 

She cleaned, tried to show she was trying to communicate, and worked out a way to get to work without me...she also told me I no longer had to cook for her...

I have no idea what to do. Those were all of my issues with her. Is she manipulating me because she knew I was upset or is she honestly trying to change? Dare I trust her or do I just throw her out? God I feel like shit...

So what you're saying is that she's done basic human things that everyone should do (i.e clean up after yourself, make sure your house is in a liveable, sanitary condition, cook for yourself because you are an adult, find a way to work by yourself because you are an adult, etc) ONLY and I mean ONLY because she had been told to leave?

She'll go back to her old ways

GIVE HER THE BOOT

GOODBYE, SLOB. I DIDNT CHOOSE THE SLOB LIFE SO DONT MAKE ME LIVE IT

Edited by Gamedog

So what you're saying is that she's done basic human things that everyone should do (i.e clean up after yourself, make sure your house is in a liveable, sanitary condition, cook for yourself because you are an adult, find a way to work by yourself because you are an adult, etc) ONLY and I mean ONLY because she had been told to leave?

She'll go back to her old ways

GIVE HER THE BOOT

GOODBYE, SLOB. I DIDNT CHOOSE THE SLOB LIFE SO DONT MAKE ME LIVE IT

She cleaned and stuff knowing I was mad at her, not after I told her to leave.

After I told her to go she left and hasn't been back since. 

I honestly haven't been less stressed like this since she first moved in. I'm pampering myself, lol.

• Like 2

I honestly haven't been less stressed like this since she first moved in. I'm pampering myself, lol.

She's coming back with the cops. She's going to tell them that you raped her.

She's coming back with the cops. She's going to tell them that you raped her.

oh man dont joke, thats why I was so mad at her to begin with. She got back after visiting with a friend who said her boyfriend tried to rape her and tried to say I was forceful with her in the beginning of our relationship, and how that damaged her trust of me and ultimately lead to us failing. 

Luckily I am also prepared for this, and can out lawyer her pretty easy.

oh man dont joke, thats why I was so mad at her to begin with. She got back after visiting with a friend who said her boyfriend tried to rape her and tried to say I was forceful with her in the beginning of our relationship, and how that damaged her trust of me and ultimately lead to us failing. 

Luckily I am also prepared for this, and can out lawyer her pretty easy.

Did she have a Tumblr by chance?

good!

im very proud of you! toxic people need to be removed from our lives. they should not be allowed to poison us deliberately through their arrogance and laziness

• Like 3