Those toys you were so jazzed for, but never got

Ginpanther

I never begged, but there was stuff I know I wanted. Nerf guns got more and more badass from middle school and even today. In fact, they're even more kickass today. But I wanted this something fierce.

2834968.jpg 

And then Legos... Specifically Star Wars

913pEpQwYjL._SL1500_.jpg

10174.jpg6211-1.jpg

I had like 4 of these fuckers. The cat, him, parrot, and dog. Robot animals are the shit.

OMG. I had every single toy you just listed. That AT-ST was the pride of my desk....until my mom came in and knocked it over.

A lot of various Legos.

Too bad nowadays Legos are all either licensed stuff, or something boring and stupid. Well, except for City and Technic line, but Technic line, while definitely improved its looks and all kinda lost a bit of a charm older, bit crazier sets had.

i dont know if that counts but as a kid i always wanted night vision goggles...

I'll allow it, because that would have been sick as heck.

I love seeing people mod Nerf guns to get better performance. It just makes it so much more worthwhile of a toy. And they're relatively easy modifications as long as you don't get lost for the more standard performance boosts.

Some of the PC technicians back in the old office did this, and afterwards those things hurt when you got hit. I was quite impressed. I think somebody (maybe 6tails) mentioned SuperSoakers earlier in the thread, and I think these fall firmly in the same "awesome to begin with, mod them for more hilarity" category.

A lot of various Legos.

Too bad nowadays Legos are all either licensed stuff, or something boring and stupid. 

It's all about the brand tie-in. Apparently "creative for the sake of creative" is now relegated to Minecraft only.