I need an MP3 player suggestion!

AshleyAshes

I need an MP3 player for work, however my new job has some rather restrictive rules when it comes to personal devices since we work with material for unreleased AAA motion pictures well before they're released.  I need some kinda dumb, USELESS MP3 player that plays music.  No camera, no video, no internet, or anything like that.  It needs to just play music.  Normally I'd use my phone, but phones have cameras so those aren't allowed on the production floor.  ...Is this even still a thing?

I would recommend something like the Nokia 130. It is fully functional as a dumb phone MP3 player and supports SD cards up 8gb (at least). It has no camera or anything like that and the battery life lasts up to several weeks. Obviously it is not strictly an MP3 player, but why not combine work into one handy device?

Those cheap mp3 players would be good for what ye need. I'm sure they still sell those.  

Or grab a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Or maybe those usb flash drives with a built in mp3 player. 

Hell. Why not just go old school and use a regular old Walkman with matching cassette.  I'd totally go for that. It's a bit bulky tho.

I can personally confirm that these are pretty good. Scrolling through menus and such gets a little slow once you've filled it up; it apparently doesn't have much on RAM? I dunno what to call it, but it gets slow after a while. Otherwise, its pretty great and cheap too. It can handle almost any file format for music.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B00VXMY262/

Just whatever you do, avoid any from the brand "Eclipse". They're terribly programmed and don't work correctly.

Edited by Battlechili

• 1 month later...
On November 8, 2015 at 1:01 AM, AshleyAshes said:

I need an MP3 player for work, however my new job has some rather restrictive rules when it comes to personal devices since we work with material for unreleased AAA motion pictures well before they're released.  I need some kinda dumb, USELESS MP3 player that plays music.  No camera, no video, no internet, or anything like that.  It needs to just play music.  Normally I'd use my phone, but phones have cameras so those aren't allowed on the production floor.  ...Is this even still a thing?

I would of suggested the type that I got:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vertigo-8GB-MP3-MP4-Player/47618675#about

until you said the "no video or camera" part.

It sucks ass until you get used to it.

Like the right arrow actually means down, and vice versa with lefty.

And how it resets to the default settings every time you turn it off.

Edited by TheGreatFanatic