Kids annoy me sometimes

Nova

Well we have visitors and they have 2 kids AND THE KIDS DONT LEAVE mE ALONE.

I WANT TO REST AND HEAR MUSIC AND FOLLOW ME IN MY BED and i clearly said i want REST but they didnt go away, talk my ears to death and touch ma handy.

They interrupt me playing on my laptop because they keep press the buttons and i cant even play binding of isaac because of them. WHY DONT THEY JUST GO WATCH ON MY FUCKING TV A CARTOON.

And the mother of them doesnt care about that they annoy me. I dont hate kids but if they didnt learn asking before using something then i get mad.

Anyone knows the same feeling.

Get them some whistles or other noisemakers like Gack putty where it makes fart sounds. Or better yet markers or crayons, they will mess up the walls or home as all kids do.
Hand them to the kids and let them show their mom, ten to one the parents keep them out of your hair in fear of more noisemakers or candy getting into the child's hands

o-NOISY-KIDS-facebook.jpg

Hmmm as a mother, I just can't see the humor in the comments about hurting the kids even though they a jokes (well I hope they are jokes) 

kids feed off attention. Have you tried playing with them for half an hour? They obviously like you and want some of your attention, maybe teach them something cool and tell them that afterwards they need to give you some space. Then play with them again for a little bit. 

Edited by GemWolf
  • Like 2

Hmmm as a mother, I just can't see the humor in the comments about hurting the kids even though they a jokes (well I hope they are jokes) 

kids feed off attention. Have you tried playing with them for half an hour? They obviously like you and want some of your attention, maybe teach them something cool and tell them that afterwards they need to give you some space. Then play with them again for a little bit. 

As an uncle who voluntarily takes care of my niece (I wanted to have my own biological child)

I would say kids are like dogs. Burn their energy and they're well behaved from then. rinse and repeat.

• Like 3

What some people here don't understand is a lot of people genuinely dislike children. I actually can't even be near a child without sweating bullets, they make me really uncomfortable for some reason. Also, they are always getting in my way, never stop asking questions, and yes - never stop touching my stuff. I hated children when I was a child even!

Never stop making threads please <3

It's already been said but you should just tire them out. Teach them kids how to rassle and pile drive em on the couch cushions! Trust me they'll love it

Rassle? That involves touching them. Dear god almighty, I think I'm having an anxiety attack just thinking about it.

I agree with Nova completely, no one should have to deal with someone else's children. I think it is incredibly uncivil for the mother not to at least try to get her children to behave a little better. For some people it is incomprehensible that anyone can dislike children, and that infuriates me.

Nova is German.

He has said on one occasion that his posts are confusing because he is a native German speaker and has to use translation software to help him translate some of his posts. I think it is pretty cool he is trying to muddle through with it and learn English.

I hope he translates this and feels offended: I want the krauts to leave

I agree with GemWolf that setting aside some time to play with them or actively show them what you're doing might make this more fun for you AND for them.

I agree with Lisek that's also somewhat rude of the mother to dump her children on you.

When you want to be left alone, you may need to be very clear and direct (but calm and friendly) with these children about wanting some personal or private time, and then you need to go where the children are less able to pester you, and/or you need to give the children something to keep them entertained. 

You may also try politely informing the mother of the specific times when you want some space to yourself, while assuring her that you find her children delightful (whether you do or not). If she doesn't make any real attempts to rein in her kids, that'll speak volumes about her (shitty, lazy, passive) parenting style.

When the children successfully leave you alone at your request, you need to praise and reward them in some way, so that they learn that good things come to you when you demonstrate some patience and restraint.

But, it's not going to work for you to expect the kids to act like adults here, by automatically knowing how to entertain themselves, and magically inferring when you want to be left alone.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 2

I am fully convinced that children are little demons sent from hell to punish the world for its sins.

Well I mean a vagina is kind of like a giant caverness abyss filled with incomprehensible horrors and hellfire. I mean if Satan needed to like rent a baby condo or something I think he would settle for someone's vagina assuming the rent was good.

• Like 2

I am fully convinced that children are little demons sent from hell to punish the world for its sins.

with both this.....

Well I mean a vagina is kind of like a giant caverness abyss filled with incomprehensible horrors and hellfire. I mean if Satan needed to like rent a baby condo or something I think he would settle for someone's vagina assuming the rent was good.

and this, I am absolutely dying! hahahahahaha 

Im actually surprised at how disgusted and angry people are at children...

I mean, I just ignore the bratty ones. I cant genuinely hate someone that was once me.Is it so hard to respect people that are still growing and learning? Children arent really to blameif they end up rotten, really you should be ticked at parents letting them run around like crude little maniacs.

Kids can actually be on your level if you talk to them like adults, they're not dumb. It depends on the kid but really you can make a world of a difference in someone really young if you treat them firmly but respectfully, and kindly.

It's good to see that the mentally disabled have someone on their level to talk to

You would know a lot about that.

Seriously, kids are generally excited about life and eager to learn, if you're actually willing to interact with them and treat them with some respect. When they're idiots or brats, it's often because their parents have raised them to be idiots or brats. (Though, some are certainly inherently shitty people, because shitty adults don't just emerge out of a vacuum.)

Edited by Troj

It's just...

A shame, I think. These kids just SO BADLY want to be our friends, and tell us about all the inane shit they can't see that we don't give two flying fucks about their day. They want us to look at that dog in that car over there even though we don't care, and they want us to look AGAIN when it starts scratching its neck, because to them, that's hilarious! It's a huge shame that sometimes they get adults to talk with who don't have the energy to humour them or nourish their developing minds properly.

I HATE being in the same room as my best friend's kid for this reason. She's not a brat at all, she's just very forward and wants to be friends with everyone. She'll talk to you no matter how much bigger you are than her. When I was her age, I'd have to be dragged out kicking and screaming to even look my parents' friends in the eye. And that's what I thought was normal. That's what I STILL think is normal. It seems really fucking weird to me that she'd this comfortable kicking about with adults.

And I don't give two flying fucks about any of the stuff she talks to me about. And I hate myself for that. "Alex, look at my game!" "Oh, yes, I'm looking. it's... a game." "I've got a FISH!" "Yes I can see that". I don't have the energy or the personality to handle any of that so I just palm it off and sometimes outright ignore her. That ain't healthy for a kid to be treated like that. They need to have their curiosities supplemented with further questioning and play but even if I could be assed to, I wouldn't know what to do or say.

So yeah, it's a shame to me that a lot of adults don't know how to interact with kids properly.

• Like 1

It's just...

A shame, I think. These kids just SO BADLY want to be our friends, and tell us about all the inane shit they can't see that we don't give two flying fucks about their day. They want us to look at that dog in that car over there even though we don't care, and they want us to look AGAIN when it starts scratching its neck, because to them, that's hilarious! It's a huge shame that sometimes they get adults to talk with who don't have the energy to humour them or nourish their developing minds properly.

Yeah, that's true. When I say, "Kids are interesting and fun," I mostly mean kids over the age of 6.

I'll definitely admit that interacting with kids under that age can definitely be like pulling teeth, because the conversation itself can be pretty banal, and because they haven't yet been socialized to not do certain gross or annoying things. You really have to eat your Wheaties and focus on the big picture while affirming that yes, that's a dog, and yes, the dog is big, and yes, the dog is scratching his ear.

My kids are like that. They insist we look at everything. They tell us why character A is doing what they are doing on a cartoon we have all seen hundreds of times. They want is to play games 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When we say enough is enough they throw the biggest tantrum. My 6 year old son is ADD/ADHD and ODD, so he is a handful all on his own, then my 4 year old daughter copies him, adding to the frustration. On top of that, she has become very spoilt due to 3 years old major health concerns, so she is no very very whingy at the best of times.

Yes, kids are a nightmare. I will be the first to admit that. However, for all the emotional exhaustion and frustration, they give the most pleasure anyone can experience as a parent. Those tender moments when they cuddle you for comfort. Give you big bear hugs when picking them up from school. Beautiful smiles,  their first step and first word, when they say "I love you mamma" and give you s kiss. Those beautiful lit up faces on Christmas morning.

A child, no matter who's child is a gift to the world. A future generation of mankind. 

Remember - you were all kids once too