TrishaCat

This is my biggest pet peeve, how do you play it 'wrong' exactly? Half the experience is playing it however you want and seeing what happens as a resuresult. 

You are right, but you are still wrong because I say so :3

Kidding :P However, while it's true that seeing the different effects is interesting, I still find taking the neutral route to be kind of pointless because the pacifist run gives you both the neutral and the pacifist ending. Those few subtle differences in a neutral run aren't really worth it in my opinion.

You are right, but you are still wrong because I say so :3

Kidding :P However, while it's true that seeing the different effects is interesting, I still find taking the neutral route to be kind of pointless because the pacifist run gives you both the neutral and the pacifist ending. Those few subtle differences in a neutral run aren't really worth it in my opinion.

But there's like 10 different neutral endings. Besides a neutral run could be anything from...

a pre-true lab pacifist run to a genocide run that stops at killing Metteton Neo without killing everything else. I mean that's the only to get the worst ending after all.

I think the only neutral ending that is worth it is the one in which Papyrus thinks everyone is just on vacation, that is easily the most depressing ending of the entire game.

Other than that the neutral endings are all just very similar, but that's just my opinion about it, 

Undertale is beating Super Mario World in the Best Game Ever contest on GameFAQs. If it wins, it'd go up against Pokemon Red/Blue next. I think a lot of Undertale fans have probably been Pokemon fans a lot longer, so it'd be interesting to see whether people would be willing to rally for Undertale over Pokemon.

Edited by SirRob

Undertale is beating Super Mario World in the Best Game Ever contest on GameFAQs. If it wins, it'd go up against Pokemon Red/Blue next. I think a lot of Undertale fans have probably been Pokemon fans a lot longer, so it'd be interesting to see whether people would be willing to rally for Undertale over Pokemon.

We need a sequel. 

How much will you charge me for NSFW gif Asgore?

Absolutely disgusting.

I really hate the fact that I voted for it. Makes me feel like some horrible fandom tard. 

Edited by PastryOfApathy

It was an easy vote for me, I like RPG/Adventure games more than platformers. Mario platformers especially have never been too interesting to me. I guess RPGs are more engrossing, they make you feel like you're in another world rather than, you know, playing a game.

Undertale vs. Pokemon though... I definitely like Pokemon more, but I wanna vote for Undertale because I'm participating in the contest and chose Undertale as the winner. Although even if it wins, I think I'm doing poorly enough for it to not matter.

Edited by SirRob

I'm voting on Undertale mostly for nerd rage and salt.

Oh fuck I almost forgot about that somehow. Apparently we've reached the 'fandom threshold' where the whole "retarded fanbase vs. retarded hatedom" dynamic becomes inescapable and overshadows everything because people are stupid and can't live without religiously hating stupid shit.

Oh well, thankfully I've stopped letting retards ruin things for me a long-ass time ago. Only reason I can still enjoy Sonic games, FNAF, League of Legends, cats, the internet, oxygen, cake...

Does anyone else here feel the same way I do? Whenever I see people who hate this game, not for it itself mind you but for its fans, I get really pissed. Its not just because people hate a game for something other than its own merits either; I get pissed because I've been a fan of this game since the demo's release back in 2013. A friend got me to play the demo back when it first came out as a demo and I loved it, and had been awaiting its release forever. Now that its finally been released and gotten popular, people have begun to hate it for its fans and popularity, which is frustrating as someone who liked it before its popularity and before it had so many fans, craziness included.

I don't want to come off as a hipster or jaded or anything, and I don't hate anyone who doesn't like it (jeez, that would be kind of silly). But this bugs me. 

EDIT: I too voted for Undertale over Super Mario World. Super Mario World is my favorite 2D Mario but Undertale is more my thing as far as games go overall.

Edited by Battlechili

Does anyone else here feel the same way I do? Whenever I see people who hate this game, not for it itself mind you but for its fans, I get really pissed. Its not just because people hate a game for something other than its own merits either; I get pissed because I've been a fan of this game since the demo's release back in 2013. A friend got me to play the demo back when it first came out as a demo and I loved it, and had been awaiting its release forever. Now that its finally been released and gotten popular, people have begun to hate it for its fans and popularity, which is frustrating as someone who liked it before its popularity and before it had so many fans, craziness included.

I don't want to come off as a hipster or jaded or anything, and I don't hate anyone who doesn't like it (jeez, that would be kind of silly). But this bugs me. 

EDIT: I too voted for Undertale over Super Mario World. Super Mario World is my favorite 2D Mario but Undertale is more my thing as far as games go overall.

The internet is filled with miserable contrarians who surround themselves with negativity and hate while wondering why they're depressed losers. Eventually they get trapped in a cycle of hate where their lives simply becomes a neverending carousal of hate where instead of looking forward to the next fun game to play, it's the next popular thing his fellow misanthropic neckbeards tell him is cancer/tumblr shit/whatever the fuck. Just look at something like /v/ and see how fucking miserable everyone always is.

Seriously once I stopped hanging around /vg/ my mood improved dramatically. I still kinda miss being called Yordle Fucker though...

• Like 1