What would your pokesona be?

Vallium

Pokemon and Bronies are taking over the fandom...I repeat: Pokemon are taking over the fandom 

Oh this fandom? Yeah still no lol.

Pokemon has been around long as hell, it's basically plateaued as far as expansion goes in this fandom. A good portion of Bronies don't even consider themselves as furries and I've seen them firsthand vehemently prattle on and on about how brony =/= furry, and how they're completely different, and blah blah blah. Bronies has kinda done the same thing that Pokemon did, it's plateaued. It's not going up for where it is now and that's where it's gonna stay (unless something really big kicks the fandom's already dead horse [funny joke kek] so hard that they spring to life and consume the fandom like some Lovecraftian horror).

People still freaking out about these sub-fandoms taking over the furry fandom in 2015 confuses me.

Oh this fandom? Yeah still no lol.

Pokemon has been around long as hell, it's basically plateaued as far as expansion goes in this fandom. A good portion of Bronies don't even consider themselves as furries and I've seen them firsthand vehemently prattle on and on about how brony =/= furry, and how they're completely different, and blah blah blah. Bronies has kinda done the same thing that Pokemon did, it's plateaued. It's not going up for where it is now and that's where it's gonna stay (unless something really big kicks the fandom's already dead horse [funny joke kek] so hard that they spring to life and consume the fandom like some Lovecraftian horror).

People still freaking out about these sub-fandoms taking over the furry fandom in 2015 confuses me.

well maybe that's how you see things, and that's great for you. I on the other hand have a much different experience and a much different opinion. 

Bronies aside, Pokemon and MLP have just exploded in the fandom in the past 12 months. Plateaued? Not from where I sit. Not only did Pokemon rule the cartoon channels when I was growing up, now it's "furry fandom - I chose you" bullshit. MPL is just as bad if not worse, makes me wanna hang myself. 

2 of my favourite artists - one has started drawing nothing but MLP (and I literally mean nothing else but) and the other turned to Pokemon. It got so bad I had to unwatch both of them. Such a waste of their talent, sad really. So these fads may not be taking over your furry fandom, but they sure as hell are taking over mine. 

Combusken because fire + burd = win and i don't remember anything else about pokemon.

arceus because my sona is like this super amazing guy who's like impervious to everything and is able to like have superpowers and created all pokemon ever and i can be any type i want with my plates just like arceus except he's obviously my original idea 

Hah, we both know you'd actually choose Machoke...

2 of my favourite artists - one has started drawing nothing but MLP (and I literally mean nothing else but) and the other turned to Pokemon. It got so bad I had to unwatch both of them. Such a waste of their talent, sad really. So these fads may not be taking over your furry fandom, but they sure as hell are taking over mine. 

>drawing pokemon is now a waste of talent

LOL

Sweet blissful ignorance.

Not ignorance, just common sense. :3

Of course. By this logic though, furry artists aren't real artists either and are squandering their talents because hey, it's all fandom art.

The only way you don't waste your precious talent as an artist is to do pure traditional realism and drawings from life.

Clearly this is common sense. Mmhm.

Of course. By this logic though, furry artists aren't real artists either and are squandering their talents because hey, it's all fandom art.

The only way you don't waste your precious talent as an artist is to do pure traditional realism and drawings from life.

Clearly this is common sense. Mmhm.

now you are getting it ;) 

There are no good cat Pokes, they're all stupid, so I can't go with the same species if I want to be taken seriously. Something to match my personality would have to be silly by nature but is mostly srsface to things it does not know. Not sure which Poke that would be as I've never paid much attention to the anime and you can only get so much from the games.

Though, there's always been debate about the legendary dogs actually being cats, and since Suicune is the closest one to panther... yup yup, I'm gonna go with that. So graceful and perdy, all the other Pokes be jelly.

I now have consent to draw Ludwig however I want?

Ludwig Tentacle Hentai

Ludwig Two Girls One Cup

Ludwig Fisting

Coming Soon to a thread near you.

Eh, I've seen worse on FA.

Also I already beat you to the first one.

I totally gave this some proper thought for like, two or three whole minutes. I present to you: Heliosk!

250px-695Heliolisk.png
Granted, he's little. And not much to look at. Easy to overlook. But this sparky fellow has got things to do and places to be.
See those little legs? 

"It stimulates its muscles with electricity, boosting the strength in its legs and enabling it to run 100 yards in five seconds."
Didn't expect this tiddler lizard to run, eh? Well he can!

And that's not all he can do. One of these things can power a skyscraper! That's pretty immense.
Kudos to you, little reptile.

• Like 1

I'd say Zubat, though if there's some weasel-type I'd probably be that

Off the top of my head, here's a list of mustelid Pokemon:

Quilava- Possibly a weasel.
Thyphlosion- Kinda badgery
Furret- Ferret
Linoone- Badger
Buizel/Floatzel- Otters
Oshawott/Dewott- Otters
Mienfoo/Mienshao- Weasels

I may have missed one or two, but like I said, this is from memory. :b