Disappointing

GemWolf

I just diagnosed everyone on the forum with ODD so that explains why everyone here is an a-hole. 

Except me. I just like bass fishing. 

I'm having a hard time trying to create a post in response that shows all the signs of ODD. So we're just going to pretend that it was perfect, and we don't know if I'm posting the most ironic ODD filled bitch-rant in the world denying your claim, or if I'm a master troll.

It was glorious. 

Edited by Bloodshot_Eyes

Golden rule, treat others as you yourself would be treated. She started with the condescending words and actions, not me. To wit:

condescending.thumb.png.26f2262b8e7c5ff7

Any further misunderstandings I should clear up before you get too ahead of yourself in trying to lay out blame where it doesn't belong, Phausk?

Okay, I did not recall that post. I apologize. I don't really agree with that golden rule though, because that just ends up escalating things.

Edited by Phausk

Golden rule, treat others as you yourself would be treated. She started with the condescending words and actions, not me. To wit:

condescending.thumb.png.26f2262b8e7c5ff7

Any further misunderstandings I should clear up before you get too ahead of yourself in trying to lay out blame where it doesn't belong, Phausk?

I honestly don't see any of that condescending, however if that is how it came across then I apologise 

From what I saw, you got the expected posts from the usual suspects.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and certain peeps gonna shitpost 'till they die.

Remember that you also got some supportive and positive posts, as well.

*hugs* too true hun xx 

Honestly... okay
There is no issue with this forum. You posted a topic that (I assume) you knew was controversial and going to stir up discussion. I think that anyone would think that about debating whether or not to put a child on medication.
When you posted this controversial topic, you got discussion. Again, totally expected. You got criticism for your decision and your choice was to fire back with insults, instead of debating with us about the issue. I was not insulting you -- I did not insult you once, I was attempting to have a civil debate with you.
My opinion is that putting a child on stimulants for an over-diagnosed mental disorder is cruel, yours is that it isn't -- this is not insulting you.
Instead of discussing with us, you started insulting people to the point where all you did was just throw gasoline on your own thread. Once you start swearing and steering away from civil debate into pointless bickering, you attract people who like to throw matches onto that gasoline.

Those who throw matches were few and far between, the majority of us wanted to discuss the topic seriously, but you had no interest in doing anything but getting your ass pat for something that only 1 or 2 people even slightly agreed with.

In what way is your blow-up the fault of our userbase?

I say Nay

We're mean and we should stop

Shove stimulants in your child during his psychological and emotional development, up through puberty, and into adulthood

This is a rational decision that everyone can agree upon! Anyone who says otherwise is a shitlord!

Shove stimulants in your child during his psychological and emotional development, up through puberty, and into adulthood

This is a rational decision that everyone can agree upon! Anyone who says otherwise is a shitlord!

You can treat young patients with ADHD through conditioning as well as finding outlets for their impulsive behaviors, like exercise and extra-curricular activities if they are school aged, like martial arts or swimming.

But medicating is easier. :V

• Like 1

Honestly... okay
There is no issue with this forum. You posted a topic that (I assume) you knew was controversial and going to stir up discussion. I think that anyone would think that about debating whether or not to put a child on medication.
When you posted this controversial topic, you got discussion. Again, totally expected. You got criticism for your decision and your choice was to fire back with insults, instead of debating with us about the issue. I was not insulting you -- I did not insult you once, I was attempting to have a civil debate with you.
My opinion is that putting a child on stimulants for an over-diagnosed mental disorder is cruel, yours is that it isn't -- this is not insulting you.
Instead of discussing with us, you started insulting people to the point where all you did was just throw gasoline on your own thread. Once you start swearing and steering away from civil debate into pointless bickering, you attract people who like to throw matches onto that gasoline.

Those who throw matches were few and far between, the majority of us wanted to discuss the topic seriously, but you had no interest in doing anything but getting your ass pat for something that only 1 or 2 people even slightly agreed with.

In what way is your blow-up the fault of our userbase?

No i actually didn't realise it was controversial, In all honesty this is first time I have actually seen such an uproar about it. It was quite honestly surprising.  And most of my thread was civil. It was towards the end where I lost it. Yes my opinion is that my son has been properly diagnosed - not over diagnosed. Talking about "a child" is fine, but dissing my judgement on my own child is not ok. 

Also, please read the rest of this thread, I think you find the rest of your comment redundant now. 

Thank you - come again :P:P 

Then I must be a shitlord. But that is ok by me :) 

No i actually didn't realise it was controversial, In all honesty this is first time I have actually seen such an uproar about it. It was quite honestly surprising.  And most of my thread was civil. It was towards the end where I lost it. Yes my opinion is that my son has been properly diagnosed - not over diagnosed. Talking about "a child" is fine, but dissing my judgement on my own child is not ok. 

Also, please read the rest of this thread, I think you find the rest of your comment redundant now. 

Thank you - come again :P:P 

The topic was ABOUT your child, with people telling YOU why YOUR decision about YOUR child was a bad one. There is no room to tip-toe around and say "a child" when we're advising YOU what can happen to his mental and physical health.

The topic was ABOUT your child, with people telling YOU why YOUR decision about YOUR child was a bad one. There is no room to tip-toe around and say "a child" when we're advising YOU what can happen to his mental and physical health.

I never asked for advise about my child. I was expressing my relief for a diagnosis that I agree with. I did not need advise from youngsters on a forum. Talk about the drug - fine, talk about what it can do to kids - fine...these relate to the post just fine. But telling me directly that I did the wrong thing, no. 

Anyway, its done now. Just leave well enough alone. its all at peace and you just want to relight the fire. I'm throwing water on it now cheers. 

Edited by GemWolf

Being a ward of the state I had even less say in the matter. From age 4 to 17 I was on various medications. The longest and my first was ritalin. It was used to treat more than ADD so it was the most practical option. I honestly don't know how to put into words what I want to say so I hope that gets enough emotional and contextual information across. I feel really bad.

Remember this comes from a guy who is suing someone over a sewer pipe. 

• Like 1

Being a ward of the state I had even less say in the matter. From age 4 to 17 I was on various medications. The longest and my first was ritalin. It was used to treat more than ADD so it was the most practical option. I honestly don't know how to put into words what I want to say so I hope that gets enough emotional and contextual information across. I feel really bad.

I am sorry you had that experience. All I can say is, my experience is much better and I wish I could change your past for you. I honestly mean that. 

I guess you could say I know my shit

I never asked for advise about my child. I was expressing my relief for a diagnosis that I agree with. I did not need advise from youngsters on a forum. Talk about the drug - fine, talk about what it can do to kids - fine...these relate to the post just fine. But telling me directly that I did the wrong thing, no. 

Anyway, its done now. Just leave well enough alone. its all at peace and you just want to relight the fire. I'm throwing water on it now cheers. 

Why the hell did you post? Give me an honest answer. Were you expecting nothing but asspats? This isn't CandyLand, you're talking about putting a CHILD on DRUGS.

I'm telling you directly that you're doing the wrong thing. "Wrong" doesn't even begin to cover it, though.
I think putting a child on drugs for an over-diagnosed disorder is inhumane, disgusting, and cruel. What I find even more disgusting is believing that a fucking 1 year old is suitable for being diagnosed with this disorder.

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Maybe the issue isn't with this userbase, maybe it's your decisions.

I am sorry you had that experience. All I can say is, my experience is much better and I wish I could change your past for you. I honestly mean that. 

I just want you to know that I find you a repulsive monster. The only thing that is "disappointing" is that I cannot protect children from people like you. The only thing "disappointing" is that you project your own experiences on to others. Your child, and even me. Your posts betray how little thought and how little education you have on the subject. Just because you had a good experience at such a young age that doesn't mean they will. You're gambling. You might not care what we think but if your child grows up to be a piece of shit like me you're going to wish you gave them up for adoption.

Hey man. It was a really SHITTY experience for claybae. 

• Like 1

Hey woah woah! where did that come from? Seriously I am just wondering what I just did to cause that? 

I just want you to know that I find you a repulsive monster. The only thing that is "disappointing" is that I cannot protect children from people like you. The only thing "disappointing" is that you project your own experiences on to others. Your child, and even me. Your posts betray how little thought and how little education you have on the subject. Just because you had a good experience at such a young age that doesn't mean they will. You're gambling. You might not care what we think but if your child grows up to be a piece of shit like me you're going to wish you gave them up for adoption.

Hey man. It was a really SHITTY experience for claybae. 

Hey woah woah! where did that come from? Seriously I am just wondering what I just did to cause that? 

I guess you could say I know my shit

Why the hell did you post? Give me an honest answer. Were you expecting nothing but asspats? This isn't CandyLand, you're talking about putting a CHILD on DRUGS.

I'm telling you directly that you're doing the wrong thing. "Wrong" doesn't even begin to cover it, though.
I think putting a child on drugs for an over-diagnosed disorder is inhumane, disgusting, and cruel. What I find even more disgusting is believing that a fucking 1 year old is suitable for being diagnosed with this disorder.

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Maybe the issue isn't with this userbase, maybe it's your decisions.

Its your opinion that I am doing the wrong thing. Thats all it is  

Edit: and I never even considered getting him diagnosed at 1 years old....wow. 

It doesn't make his opinion any less valid.

I was trying to make peace and do the right thing. So, I think people should just stop causing more shit

Edited by GemWolf

Edit: and I never even considered getting him diagnosed at 1 years old....wow.

Not what I said. Here's what I said:
"What I find even more disgusting is believing that a fucking 1 year old is suitable for being diagnosed with this disorder."

Which you did. You said that you suspected a 1 year old child of having this disorder, and only got the diagnoses when he was 6.

How the fuck can a 1 year old have this disorder?

And yes, this is "just my opinion", that doesn't mean that your actions are infalliable.

Edited by Gamedog

Not what I said. Here's what I said:"What I find even more disgusting is believing that a fucking 1 year old is suitable for being diagnosed with this disorder."

Which you did. You said that you suspected a 1 year old child of having this disorder, and only got the diagnoses when he was 6.

How the fuck can a 1 year old have this disorder?

And yes, this is "just my opinion", that doesn't mean that your actions are infalliable.

I suspected at the age of one based how he would behave in comparison to other children his age when we were out and about, also his day care had mentioned concerns with his behavior - as ADHD runs in my family, I thought to myself "I wonder if he has ADHD" - see? Harmless, yet you assumed...oh forget it.  

I suspected at the age of one based how he would behave in comparison to other children his age when we were out and about, also his day care had mentioned concerns with his behavior - as ADHD runs in my family, I thought to myself "I wonder if he has ADHD" - see? Harmless, yet you assumed...oh forget it.  

It's not "harmless" when it is resulting in a child being put on psychoactive stimulants at the age of 6 fucking years old.

What don't you get? Why don't you understand why people are upset? We've told you over and over again that this is harmful, that it's addictive, and people have come in and given you horror stories about this drug. I've told a story about how I was incorrectly diagnosed and they tried to force ME on drugs when I was a child.

You give them too much credit without realizing that the people prescribing drugs make money off of every prescription they send out the door.

A 1 year old does not have the mental capacity to be diagnosed with ADD.

You can treat young patients with ADHD through conditioning as well as finding outlets for their impulsive behaviors, like exercise and extra-curricular activities if they are school aged, like martial arts or swimming.

But medicating is easier. :V

sorry i missed this before. Yes we enrolled our son into Karate, soccer and sprinting, as well as constant games at home. he still does these activites but he still bounces off the walls and damn near killed his sister too.  

Everything was fine in this thread until you Gamedog decided to come and start it all up again. Why dude? Just leave it be. We have all said our piece. 

MODS. SOMEONE IS DIS-AGREEING WITH ME. MODS. FAGGOT MODS BAN THIS PERSON MODS. MODSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. THEY'RE DISAGREEING WITH ME MODS. THEY'RE STARTING SHIT MODS. MODS PLEASE ANSWER ME I AM SO ALONE

• Like 1

It's not "harmless" when it is resulting in a child being put on psychoactive stimulants at the age of 6 fucking years old.

What don't you get? Why don't you understand why people are upset? We've told you over and over again that this is harmful, that it's addictive, and people have come in and given you horror stories about this drug. I've told a story about how I was incorrectly diagnosed and they tried to force ME on drugs when I was a child.

You give them too much credit without realizing that the people prescribing drugs make money off of every prescription they send out the door.

A 1 year old does not have the mental capacity to be diagnosed with ADD.

and what dont YOU get? I said I suspected it that was it....then he saw NOT ONE but THREE medical experts...WAS WATCHED AT SCHOOL, and so many other things before this diagnosis .....why don't you just stop already?

MY SON HAS BEEN MEDICALLY DIAGNOSED BY THREE DIFFERENT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS - ENOUGH 

and what dont YOU get? I said I suspected it that was it....then he saw NOT ONE but THREE medical experts...WAS WATCHED AT SCHOOL, and so many other things before this diagnosis .....why don't you just stop already?

MY SON HAS BEEN MEDICALLY DIAGNOSED BY THREE DIFFERENT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS - ENOUGH 

Parent: My son is hyperactive, I am concern
*Son is acting completely normal for his age, but because a parent has shown concern, the doctors automatically believe something is abnormal with his behaviour, and get right to work trying to fit his behaviour into a diagnosis*

That's how it works.
When my mom died, I was depressed and they tried diagnosing me with bipolar.

Edit: here is the documentary i talked about in the last thread

https://vimeo.com/29051387

This is the organization I dealt with throughout my childhood. You will see how over-diagnosed children are with ADD and other disorders

Edited by Gamedog

Parent: My son is hyperactive, I am concern*Son is acting completely normal for his age, but because a parent has shown concern, the doctors automatically believe something is abnormal with his behaviour, and get right to work trying to fit his behaviour into a diagnosis*

That's how it works.
When my mom died, I was depressed and they tried diagnosing me with bipolar.

See now, that is totally unfair and that is NOT how it happened at all. Shame on you for even suggesting that is what happened with me and my son! C'mon this is ridiculous now. Enough is enough 

I want to hear how this kid almost killed his sister.

Because there's a serious difference between inattentiveness of the child and inattentiveness of the parent

He didn't want to do as he was told, and because his sister was doing what she was told he picked up his skate board and held it over his head and ran at her...he was going to hit her hard in the head with it, had I not flew after him and jumped between them in the nick of time

See now, that is totally unfair and that is NOT how it happened at all. Shame on you for even suggesting that is what happened with me and my son! C'mon this is ridiculous now. Enough is enough 

That is how it works with child diagnosis. That is why children are over-diagnosed with this disorder. This is a fact, and I've seen it first person time and time again.

That is how it works with child diagnosis. That is why children are over-diagnosed with this disorder. This is a fact, and I've seen it first person time and time again.

Not it is not, at least not where I went. There was alot of assessing, he was watched at school by the dr himself, he played games that tested him etc....it was actually a very long, month to month progress - you can't sit there and tell me what happened when you were not even there. That is just rude and disrespectful 

first person time and time again - well then, forgive me master 

Edited by GemWolf

• Zeke locked this topic