Disappointing

GemWolf

I had a feeling this would happen again, didn't expect it so soon though P:

I honestly don't know enough to say if it's a bad decision or not. Can somebody link a credible source that states it's bad to give this drug to 6 year olds? I'll try finding it myself, but I suck.

I had a feeling this would happen again, didn't expect it so soon though P:

I honestly don't know enough to say if it's a bad decision or not. Can somebody link a credible source that states it's bad to give this drug to 6 year olds? I'll try finding it myself, but I suck.

http://www.rch.org.au/kidsinfo/fact_sheets/ADHD_Stimulant_medication/

http://ritalinsideeffects.net/

Other Serious Side Effects Include

• Slowing of growth (height and weight) in children

A review of 20-years-of scientific literature on using stimulant medications, including Ritalin, to treat children with ADD and ADHD found a consensus: there is no documented long-term benefit (academic achievement or pro-social behavior) in using psychoactive drugs. 

Source: Swanson, J.M., et al. “Effect of stimulant medication on children with attention deficit disorder: a review of reviews,” Exceptional Children, 60:154-62, 1993

Just do a CTRL+F "Children" across the entire page to get statements with medical citation. If I quoted them all this page would get massive.

Hey tails I for one love my stunted growth. 

In the end you'll do what you feel is best for your child,whatever that may be.

Certainly strangers on an online furry forum shouldn't really change your mind in regards to it...so why not drop it?

Real nice show of pointlessly insulting OP's infant son, however, Phoenix. Can you dig any lower to get at her, hm?

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

Certainly strangers on an online furry forum shouldn't really change your mind...so why not drop it?

Real nice show of pointlessly insulting OP's infant son, however, Phoenix. Can you dig any lower to get at her, hm?

i appreciate that - thank you x 

Certainly strangers on an online furry forum shouldn't really change your mind in regards to it...so why not drop it?

Did you even read the thread or is your reading comprehension that bad

i appreciate that - thank you x 

can i ask you a question?

why are you replying?

yes i know what a seemingly okay answer is, "because they've said things to me that are not okay and i refuse to let them say that", or to "make peace", or at the least that's what your actions have suggested, except; has it yet to become clear to you that you greatly differentiate from their way of thinking and that replying is a waste of time? why do you keep paying attention? have you caught on at this point that if you say something, they will too? you can stop. your entire point of this thread is to stop and to damn the society, yet you're still here.

for your own sanity, please stop. you're getting obsessed with what's being said here and whether or not what they're saying is shitty, you are constantly trying to involve yourself in it. if you want to leave, fucking do it! don't make yourself suffer over shit that has already clearly failed to be agreed upon.

i don't know you personally and trust me when i say i hold no feelings about you (positive or negative). I just don't understand your action and would strongly encourage you to consider taking your own plan of action. if you reply i won't respond again but i'll know you're failing on your own words.

Edited by evan

can i ask you a question?

why are you replying?

yes i know what a seemingly okay answer is, "because they've said things to me that are not okay and i refuse to let them say that", or to "make peace", or at the least that's what your actions have suggested, except; has it yet to become clear to you that you greatly differentiate from their way of thinking and that replying is a waste of time? why do you keep paying attention? have you caught on at this point that if you say something, they will too? you can stop. your entire point of this thread is to stop and to damn the society, yet you're still here.

for your own sanity, please stop. you're getting obsessed with what's being said here and whether or not what they're saying is shitty, you are constantly trying to involve yourself in it. if you want to leave, fucking do it! don't make yourself suffer over shit that has already clearly failed to be agreed upon.

i don't know you personally and trust me when i say i hold no feelings about you (positive or negative). I just don't understand your action and would strongly encourage you to consider taking your own plan.

if you go back through the thread you will answer your own question :) this all started again because someone else caused it to etc ...but peace had been made and i apologised to everyone 

if you go back through the thread you will answer your own question :) this all started again because someone else caused it to etc ...but peace had been made and i apologised to everyone 

by that logic you define peace as your own actions. i see an apology that goes ignored by almost everyone (if we're this far into a resurrection of an old debate)

i'll rescind my pressure to leave since i'm in the wrong for that, but at the same time i'd ask you to seriously re-evaluate WHY someone else would start something with you and ask yourself if peace had really been made.

Edited by evan
  • Like 1

you define peace as your own actions. i see an apology that goes ignored by almost everyone (if we're this far in)

i'll rescind my pressure to leave since i'm in the wrong for that, but at the same time i'd ask you to seriously re-evaluate WHY someone else would start something with you. 

why does everyone have something against me anyway? I don't care that my apology was ignored - I apologised, simple as that. There was no more fighting, that was all that mattered, and yes, please do tell me what YOUR issue is with me? huh? 

I don't care that my apology was ignored - I apologised, simple as that. 

there's my issue. you don't get to define how people act about you. you don't get to decide things are okay just because of -your- actions. your actions only determine whether other people will listen to you, or not. 

what you just said shows that even if you rescind what you said, apologize, the same issues will come up because you don't listen to anyone else.

nobody gets the right to determine what their actions cause.

Edited by evan
  • Like 1

there's my issue. you don't get to define how people act about you. you don't get to decide things are okay just because of -your- actions. your actions only determine whether other people will listen to you, or not. 

what you just said shows that even if you rescind what you said, apologize, the same issues will come up because you don't listen to anyone else.

nobody gets the right to determine what their actions cause.

Never said I did, you assume I did. I said i don't care that my apology was ignored because I basically told people to ignore if they wanted too. I listen to others, doesn't mean I have to agree or accept what they say.

I stand alone here, not because I have different views, but because people will follow the crowd - "oh they are all shitting on Gem, I'm gonna do it too" kinda attitude lol I dunno. My apology was real and that is why there were no more fighting, but someone else decided that they didn't like the idea of no more fighting, so ta-da 

• Zeke locked this topic