yell0wf0x

Fuck you nintendo. Take my $80!

It's been announced that fates will be available on february 19. Each version costs 40 bucks and a discounted 20 bucks for the digital version of the other path.  80 bucks for the special edition which includes all 3 versions plus an artbook and a 3ds carrying pouch. I'm so getting that one!

I'm absolutely terrible at Fire Emblem, so I'm going to start with Conquest I guess and work my way through the other two later. I have someone who's gonna push me to play ALL the Fire Emblem games and just thinking about that kinda stresses me out. So many will die...

I don't know if I want to bother getting the english release of this game. I hear it's been censored and shit and I do not want to miss out on the weird Pokemon Amie thing that was apparently removed from NoA version.

Fans are actually making their own uncut translation of FE: Fates, and its coming along nicely. The plan is to have it finished before the official NA release.

Fans are actually making their own uncut translation of FE: Fates, and its coming along nicely. The plan is to have it finished before the official NA release.

Yeah, I heard about that. I didn't know when it would be done though, but the possibility of it being done before the release sounds promising.

I'm absolutely terrible at Fire Emblem, so I'm going to start with Conquest I guess and work my way through the other two later. I have someone who's gonna push me to play ALL the Fire Emblem games and just thinking about that kinda stresses me out. So many will die...

I think ye mean Birthright. That's supposedly the easier one. Siding with Hoshido gives ye access to repeatable maps making leveling and gold easier. 

And ye could always go for the phoenix mode. Even if yer characters die, they revive after the turn.  

I think ye mean Birthright. That's supposedly the easier one. Siding with Hoshido gives ye access to repeatable maps making leveling and gold easier. 

And ye could always go for the phoenix mode. Even if yer characters die, they revive after the turn.  

I just like the look of the characters in Conquest more, so it's where I'll start. I might use phoenix  mode, but it's the past games without it that I'll be stressing over.

I just like the look of the characters in Conquest more, so it's where I'll start. I might use phoenix  mode, but it's the past games without it that I'll be stressing over.

I still love the first localized gba fire emblem game to this day. The one with lyndis Eliwood and Hector.  I think that's fe7. Great story, but yeah. It is quite a task to keep everyone alive. 

Eh, they censored some creepy stuff in Awakening. I'd gladly like said creepy stuff censored again in Fates. 

Seeing if I can preorder the collector's edition tomorrow. :)

I don't mind the censorship as long as the main story is unaffected.  

And would love to pre order it now but I'd have to wait till our game store has it for pre order. Prolly next year. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I lied, I ended up starting Conquest and am now playing both games concurrently. The nice thing about the bundle is that when I finish a chapter in Birthright, I can just soft reset and continue Conquest in another save file. This way I can compare them and Birthright is most definitely easy mode. Conquest gets frustrating, so doing a chapter from that, and then doing an easier chapter in Birthright feels like taking a break. Other than the terrible voices, I'm enjoying the game so far.

7 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Why do you do this?

'Cause I only have Conquest atm. I'll probably pick up Revalations and, even though right now I don't want to pick up Birthright, I just might eventually. Multiple playthroughs are for like, optimization and support grinding.

Visit my fox hole! Address is down durr.

I need more visits. Lol. Also battles. Gotta reap those rewards. Lol. 20160222_123840.thumb.jpg.f7172d8c5ed47d20160222_123858.thumb.jpg.cb1c44b77e639c

@galaxy-meow i fee ye. Somehow birthright is way easier than normal mode awakening. Makes me regret starting at normal mode. 

I haven't gone into conquest yet but I will after I finish birthright. I don't wanna think of too much atm. Tho I like the way yer tackling it. I'm tempted to do the same. 

Edited by yell0wf0x

I dunno the difference really. When I get feedback, it's usually worth the trip. Which I dunno where is from. It's not in the choices. 

And if yer torn apart from choosing, there's always "really different". Hehe.

Also gotta admit that it's a nice break.  Been going around visiting Hoshino castles and collecting beans for fox tails. I need everyone in my castle to wear one. It sucks that my harvest thingy is a peach tree. 

Edited by yell0wf0x

@yell0wf0x Gave your castle a visit with my Birthright file! Idk if activating streetpass/spotpass with my second file would overwrite my Hoshido one...otherwise I would have visited with my Nohr character because I need the resources @_@ 

I've been stuck in a Conquest chapter for a day...so I'm really behind compared to my friends progress ^^;

12 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Inheriting skills from online teams is so broken. Online play is broken in general. And then we're gonna get the DLC which will be even more broken.

Still not gonna try lunatic though.

I inherted that salvage blow and now im getting too much extra equipment. Lol. 

How is the online battling tho. I haven't tried that yet. I'm not sure how they balanced that out since Hoshido basically get more exp than Nohr.  

4 hours ago, galaxy-meow said:

@yell0wf0x Gave your castle a visit with my Birthright file! Idk if activating streetpass/spotpass with my second file would overwrite my Hoshido one...otherwise I would have visited with my Nohr character because I need the resources @_@ 

I've been stuck in a Conquest chapter for a day...so I'm really behind compared to my friends progress ^^;

I'm actually thinking about that myself. I dunno what would happen if I start my conquest playthrough. I also do wonder if my streetpass data would get overwritten. I wanted to try using a girl in my Nohr playthrough.  

Also just in chapter 14 on birthright. Havent progressed yet. Still looking for more beans. Haha. 

3 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Now I'm wondering if I should get the game

Ye should try out the demo for awakening to see if you'll like how it plays out. 

6 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

How is the online battling tho. I haven't tried that yet. I'm not sure how they balanced that out since Hoshido basically get more exp than Nohr. 

I mean, going up against a player's my castle team. I don't think there's actual direct player vs. player online play.

I was gonna have Laslow marry Peri because I thought it would be funny to have the womanizer paired with the craziest girl in the army, but then their support was actually sweet so I paired him with Effie instead.

@yell0wf0x My rank increases when I give an accessory, and I don't lose the accessory so there's literally no downside for me to give you all the fox tails you want. : )

5 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

@SirRob wow. I did not expect this at all. Apparently our bond is so strong we bore a child! I shall name her FoxRob in honor of our union. 

That can happen?! Well I am honored that I beared your first born, Fox! I hope she won't be a handful like her mother is.

So um, Fox, I noticed that our child has pink hair, like mine. I also noticed that children in this game inherit their mother's hair color.

Also, when I first got her, I was actually aghast at how um, not to my taste she was. I did a soft reset after seeing her and hoped I could reroll, heheh. But after resetting I didn't get her at all! She still shows up in the 'Bond Units' section in my inbox, though.