Paris is Under Attack.

Tsuujou

Hey guys, just posting to remind people to please try and keep this thread on topic.

-If you want to debate gun control and how it would/wouldn't prevent a situation like this, please make a new thread to discuss it so that this one can used to post updates about the terrorist attacks.

-Please don't make islamiphoic posts. There are plenty of peaceful muslims in the world and these disgusting terrorists only make up a small portion of the population.

• Like 17

There is going to be more and more of this sadly. I worry about our future generations. Children born now it even a few years ago are the ones who will be mostly fighting to survive. It scares me to death. What a future my kids and others have ahead of them. 

Especially if groups like (but not limited to) ISIS get their way. 

That is not how I meant it and you know it

Well explain how you meant it then, I'm genuinely curious.

I guess now being a hostage in a situation like this is becoming like in a hijacking... might as well just rush them since if you cooperate you still die.

Well I mean waiting it out ultimately worked in the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Might as well go with the option where you're chances of being shot aren't 100%.

"Lets not talk about difficult things and just cry about shit instead of being proactive"

No, it's more like "let's not derail this thread with a topic that already gets discussed to death and almost always ends up turning into a vicious argument"

Just my experience with other forums. I would rather not go there. I apologize for bringing it up initially.

• Like 2

No, it's more like "let's not derail this thread with a topic that already gets discussed to death and almost always ends up turning into a vicious argument"

Just my experience with other forums. I would rather not go there. I apologize for bringing it up initially.

"Almost"

Well I mean waiting it out ultimately worked in the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Might as well go with the option where you're chances of being shot aren't 100%.

That response can always change though. When attackers are setting out with the goal of killing people rather than using them as leverage, I think probably fewer of their victims will expect it to be as it was in past decades.

Well explain how you meant it then, I'm genuinely curious.

here is the meaning of terrorise - when I look at this story, I see many many many many terrorised people.  So what I meant was, the way Obama said it came across to me like these people were not terrorised at all because it was only an attempt. I dunno it, it came across as disrespectful to those poor people who were beyond terrorised. I am on the victims side, it's just how you interpreted what I said is all.  

image.jpeg

Edited by GemWolf

here is the meaning of terrorise - when I look at this story, I see many many many many terrorised people.  So what I meant was, the way Obama said it came across to me like these people were not terrorised at all because it was only an attempt. I dunno it, it came across as disrespectful to those poor people who were beyond terrorised. I am on the victims side, it's just how you interpreted what I said is all.  

image.jpeg

I took it to be a statement that the Parisians would not be intimidated, or "terrorized" if you will, by this attack. Intending to indicate the strength of the victims, while making a statement of solidarity.

Edited by DrGravitas
sentance structure adjustments.
  • Like 2

The president of the United States isn't going to go making a statement that's simply going to cause more terror in people, be it those in France or elsewhere. It's not disrespectful - it's just decent.

• Like 2

Hey guys, just posting to remind people to please try and keep this thread on topic.

-If you want to debate gun control and how it would/wouldn't prevent a situation like this, please make a new thread to discuss it so that this one can used to post updates about the terrorist attacks.

-Please don't make islamiphoic posts. There are plenty of peaceful muslims in the world and these disgusting terrorists only make up a small portion of the population.

What constitutes as an islamiphoic post because quite honestly every religion is a terrorist organization. Any large organization really. With or without Muslims, Christians, etc, people would still find excuses to do awful shit like this

I took it to be a statement that the Parisians would not be intimidated, or "terrorized" if you will, by this attack. Intending to indicate the strength of the victims, while making a statement of solidarity.

The president of the United States isn't going to go making a statement that's simply going to cause more terror in people, be it those in France or elsewhere. It's not disrespectful - it's just decent.

I see what you are both saying. Good points to make. Guess there are many ways to interpret something 

• Like 1

That response can always change though. When attackers are setting out with the goal of killing people rather than using them as leverage, I think probably fewer of their victims will expect it to be as it was in past decades.

Well put yourself in their shoes. You're minding your own business doing whatever, when suddenly a bunch of armed men pop out of fucking nowhere and start shouting at you to stop or they'll kill you. You don't know who they are, or what their goal actually is, I mean they could be bank robbers for all you know. What you do know, is that it's either comply with their orders and possibly survive to see your loved ones again, or try to run and immediately get gunned down and throw away what little chance you had left.

It's a horrific situation but when your odds are between maybe 5% of survival or none at all, your choice is made for you.

What constitutes as an islamiphoic post because quite honestly every religion is a terrorist organization. Any large organization really. With or without Muslims, Christians, etc, people would still find excuses to do awful shit like this

A post that specifically condemns Islam and those who practice the Islamic faith

That is not how I meant it and you know it

Defensiveness aside... He's right.

Saying it's an attempt makes it look like they're incompetent, like an adversary we can easily beat.

It's subtle, but the way we word things changes the way we interpret things. Even if the same thing is meant by two differently worded statements.

• Like 1

Well put yourself in their shoes. You're minding your own business doing whatever, when suddenly a bunch of armed men pop out of fucking nowhere and start shouting at you to stop or they'll kill you. You don't know who they are, or what their goal actually is, I mean they could be bank robbers for all you know. What you do know, is that it's either comply with their orders and possibly survive to see your loved ones again, or try to run and immediately get gunned down and throw away what little chance you had left.

It's a horrific situation but when your odds are between maybe 5% of survival or none at all, your choice is made for you.

Maybe at first, but it's going to be pretty clear when they do just keep on killing people. Like the guy making posts saying the police need to storm the place because they're executing everyone. Hard not to notice.

And I think if you're in someplace like a theatre and people turn up with AKs a whole other sort of event will come to mind than robbery.

Maybe at first, but it's going to be pretty clear when they do just keep on killing people. Like the guy making posts saying the police need to storm the place because they're executing everyone. Hard not to notice.

And I think if you're in someplace like a theatre and people turn up with AKs a whole other sort of event will come to mind than robbery.

You're really underestimating how quick these things happen, and how hard making concise life or death decisions is when you're in shock and paralyzed with the fear of fucking god himself.

Any asshole can say this shit in hindsight halfway across the world.

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 3

While theorising on how to deal with a hostage situation can be interesting, fact is most of us would be too scared to move let alone plot a daring escape/counterattack. The ones that wouldn't be scared would be the first victims. 

I agree! It's easy to suggest things when you are on the outside looking in. When in the moment you have only seconds to react in an automatic "fight or flight" adrenalin response. 

You're really underestimating how quick these things happen, and how hard making concise life or death decisions is when you're in shock and paralyzed with the fear of fucking god himself.

Any asshole can say this shit in hindsight halfway across the world.

I never said it was going to be some sort of measured rational decision. The point is that when things like this are the freshest events in recent memory people may be more likely to react defensively than try to remain calm and cooperative. Sort of like how these days if you were on a plane and someone tried to hijack it you might not be so sure it was ever intended to land safely again.

Edited by Wolflich
accidentally a word

People have a fight or flight response and a mob mentality. If you're lucky a few people will fight back but a quick demonstration of force will quiet resistance. This is one of the main reasons for killing hostages. People are trained on earthquake and fire drills but not nearly enough for lockdowns and hostage situations. Being able to break the confidence and intimidation tactics of your captors pushes things in the authorities favor. 

Guns came from somewhere. They must go trough the custom to enter or they enter another way?

They should find out how those gun enter the country to stop them. If they are build in France, then they must find out where.

Its sad that so many peoples dies tonight from those week minded fools. 

Guns came from somewhere. They must go trough the custom to enter or they enter another way?

They should find out how those gun enter the country to stop them. If they are build in France, then they must find out where.

Its sad that so many peoples dies tonight from those week minded fools. 

Kalashnikov is very easy to get illegaly on black market. most commonly used by islamic terrorists.

People have been warned about the possibility of this occuring in Europe for years.

It has happened, yet again. This is far from the first time and it will most certainly not be the last. The more inches they are given, the more miles they will take.

The left and their lack of national identity, value for culture and customs, tolerance for our historical enemies, and the abolition of our right to take up arms to defend ourselves has been pushed for far too long. However, politics is a pendulum. The further and the harder the political class pushes in one direction, the harder, the faster, and far more violently will the swing to the opposite direction be.

No sympathy for the muslims, no shame from liberal tears, no tolerance for the traitorous political class. Only justice now. Deus vult.

Edited by Sir Gibby
  • Like 5

I hope it does

I hope my fucking shithole of a country realizes that it should close it's borders before it's too late.

and the abolition of our right to take up arms to defend ourselves has been pushed for far too long.

Molon Labe, bitches

Edited by Gamedog

I hope you are right. Just, be ready in case tho alright? For me foxy?? 

Oh I know it won't happen here any time soon. We're a very small, isolated country with tight gun laws as it is. And unless you're arriving by boat and manage to smuggle in anything worthwhile for a terrorist attack, the only other alternative is by plane, and that's Australia (aren't you from there?) where they even frown upon owning anything like a knife. 

Seeing shit like this reminds me why I should appreciate my country a little more.

Edited by Mr. Fox

People have been warned about the possibility of this occuring in Europe for years.

It has happened, yet again. This is far from the first time and it will most certainly not be the last. The more inches they are given, the more miles they will take.

The left and their lack of national identity, value for culture and customs, tolerance for our historical enemies, and the abolition of our right to take up arms to defend ourselves has been pushed for far too long. However, politics is a pendulum. The further and the harder the political class pushes in one direction, the harder, the faster, and far more violently will the swing to the opposite direction be.

No sympathy for the muslims, no shame from liberal tears, no tolerance for the traitorous political class. Only justice now. Deus vult.

eoxICAp.thumb.gif.6f9748f87e373c90822db5

• Like 7

But what do they have to gain from this?

Nothing. This is only a result of the cuckolds in charge of Europe and their penchant for tolerating and empathising with those that spit in their face.

eoxICAp.thumb.gif.6f9748f87e373c90822db5

I may be a big meanie. I'm a nationalist. I'm a racist. Whatever, I've heard it all before, but I am not suicidal either. Don't believe what I said in my post? It's already happening. I'll assume you're American or Canadian and aren't around to witness it. The right is rising all over europe. PEGIDA is rallying in the thousands. Golden Dawn came third in the last Greek elections. Yes they are the Greek Nazi party and no, I am not using "Nazi" as a smear term. These are very real Nazis. Germany is echoing cries of Lugenpresse for the first time since the 1930s. "Refugee" facilities are being burned to the ground. Countries are closing their borders, even Sweden. Right-wing political parties are gaining more support than ever all over. The European Union is losing sympathy fast. Austria is now completely sold-out of firearms. Like it or not, the point is that it's going to happen. It's happening.

Edited by Sir Gibby

This sort of thing cannot be allowed to propagate any further. I wish there was more I could do. Something I could do. As of now all I can do is hope that people take up arms and drive these monsters into the ground. 

a_f224194f.thumb.jpg.ff20c3ed75c6863c632

Mind explaining to us why his post was so horribly incorrect?

I'm dying to know, because I just aint seeing it!

He is extremist supporter or ignorant 

• Like 3

• Zeke locked this topic
  • Zeke unlocked this topic