Paris is Under Attack.

Tsuujou

And Paris gets all the social media support because it only focuses on one attack instead of the overall damage the entire continent is suffering from.

I'm actually happy the media didn't write any article about the bombing attack that happened near where I live a month ago. Most of the Social Media Supporters trigger even faster than the guns.

this isn't very different from your apology in your previous thread, where you decided that your own personal emotions were enough to dictate your actions as valid and compassionate, even where the people who were receiving your apology did not remotely appreciate it.

you feel you're supportive because you said you are. that's enough for you to move on with your life.

yes because I "say" I am. Doesn't matter that I spent my entire day taking phone calls and helping students who were effected directly by this at all. Nope that must not mean shit - even though it is not part of my initial job, they needed people to help and so I did just that. But you know me - so you knew this already, right? 

yes because I "say" I am. Doesn't matter that I spent my entire day taking phone calls and helping students who were effected directly by this at all. Nope that must not mean shit - even though it is not part of my initial job, they needed people to help and so I did just that. But you know me - so you knew this already, right? 

so your closing point is that you did in fact do more than just change your picture, and that your support had nothing to do with that, but the work you did off the scenes, something that i wouldn't be able to figure out simply on the fact that you changed your picture, because there are many people who did -nothing- while changing their profile picture.

consider that.

so your closing point is that you did in fact do more than just change your picture, and that your support had nothing to do with that, but the work you did off the scenes, something that i wouldn't be able to figure out simply on the fact that you changed your picture, because there are many people who did -nothing- while changing their profile picture.

consider that.

no, you should consider that you don't know people and you should not judge and assume 

So from what I get here, is that if someone has a flag overlay icon on, the good "deeds" they did must be broadcasted and acknowledged by the whole world.

This is like a popularity contest!

no, this is about letting people show their support. It should never have been an issue in the first place. I'm out of thread. Cya

I'm gonna have a look through the support charities and throw over fifty bucks when my pay goes in this week. It doesn't feel like much but I don't have the ability to do much else. The only other medium of support I have is art, but at times like this that just feels hollow.

Also, this may be none of my business but I feel that if Gemwolf stopped taking themselves so seriously, stopped feeling the need to defend every slight disagreement someone has with them, their time on this forum would be much more pleasant. For example;

I'm an anti-theist and I blame religion as the root cause for all this sort of extremist crap. Get rid of religion, reduce the extent of the problem, Not everyone will agree with this, not everyone will respect me for saying those things, and I'm okay with that.

I'm an anti-theist and I blame religion as the root cause for all this sort of extremist crap. Get rid of religion, reduce the extent of the problem, Not everyone will agree with this, not everyone will respect me for saying those things, and I'm okay with that.

I fully agree with this.

And I have seen muslims who agree with this as well! Not with the "get rid of religion" part of course, but they agree that this is a religious problem, that "they aren't true muslims!" is a poor excuse for what happened because the attackers ARE muslims and that this is a religious issue that needs to be solved and that needs to be accepted as a problem by all muslims.

I see myself as an anti-theist as well and I would prefer a world without religion. But I think that a world in which theists begin to understand that religion causes problems is a step in the right direction.

Well guys I recieved a letter from the Minister of National Education (one I actually shook hands with earlier this summer). Of course it's been sent to every student in France but I thought I would share nonetheless. It basically says, inside a extended empty rethoric wall of text, that despite the Emergency State and the National Grief, students must not stop debating and relflecting like they did before (Captain Obvious to the rescue). She also states that cafés and concert halls are places where you find students and teachers so she believes this is a tragedy for her ministery.... Yeah in cafés and concert you do indeed find students and teachers... but like you also find absolutely every other work of life, especially because they're cosmopolitan places!  Just wanted to show you guys that the Ministers are already hard at work to try and leech out more supporters from a shocked crowd, just so you can get an idea of what rules us here. And trust me, I met her, and she's probably one of the least inept of our ministers!

I attached the letter for those curious

image001.png

image002.png

II fully agree with this.

And I have seen muslims who agree with this as well! Not with the "get rid of religion" part of course, but they agree that this is a religious problem, that "they aren't true muslims!" is a poor excuse for what happened because the attackers ARE muslims and that this is a religious issue that needs to be solved and that needs to be accepted as a problem by all muslims.

I see myself as an anti-theist as well and I would prefer a world without religion. But I think that a world in which theists begin to understand that religion causes problems is a step in the right direction.

There IS truth to what they say though, that the extremists aren't 'true Muslims'. It's supposed to be peaceful and devote, but just like the Old Testament in Christianity, there's chunks of the Quran that are disgustingly violent and have no place in the modern world, and I believe that Muslim religious leaders need to really, really hit that point home: the violent passages have no place in our modern world. They were written in unstable times, when a little tiny flesh wound would fucking kill you, when there was constant battles and wars being waged around everyone in the 'holy lands', and when we had no scientific explanations behind WHY things in nature happen, or why we get sick.

Our world is filled with answers now, and it's extremely multicultural and interwoven. The world is small these days, and people need to get along to survive.

Chris-chan weighs in

12227798_950499751711171_387614012819910

Wow, Chris actually surprised me with this one. I think he might be becoming a better person believe it or not!

it kinda bothers me because i see a lot of people wear the filter as a supposed "remembrance", but is it actually on their mind at all? i find the mixture of going on with our daily lives as though nothing happened while simultaneously wearing the colors of a country having just experienced a critical attack a little offputting.

to me it just seems as though people want to say they cared or actually contributed thought towards the gravity of the situation, when in reality most of us moved on in our complacency boxes that is our lives. like, did i actually involve myself in the remembrance of this country? no, but i can have a facebook filter to act like i did. 

i'm not necessarily saying that the filter needs to be exclusive or something; understanding the nature of tragedy shouldn't be rated on a scale of who cares the most, but even then it just bothers me that the representation of our support is so complacent and attached to such a valueless object.

Yeah, sort of agree. It's kind of tacky IMO, much like the gay pride overlay everybody was using a while back. I have to wonder if it's the same deal with the people who tweet under #PrayForParis... speaking of which, in cased you missed it

rhUKWJ0.jpg

Wow, Chris actually surprised me with this one. I think he might be becoming a better person believe it or not!

Yeah, sort of agree. It's kind of tacky IMO, much like the gay pride overlay everybody was using a while back. I have to wonder if it's the same deal with the people who tweet under #PrayForParis... speaking of which, in cased you missed it
rhUKWJ0.jpg

I've got the overlay on my FB avatar, but it's more to remind myself that yes, Paris was attacked, but I also see it as a little reminder that other places were attacked as well, and I made sure to point that out and to urge others to remember as well.

That and one of my dear friends has French roots, and lost family in the Paris attacks, so I keep the overlay for her as well. It's hard for me to visit FB without crying, because I see her suffering and just break down crying, because I can't make it better for her, and I can't make it better for the many thousands of others that are in the same position she's in right now...

So I keep the overlay. I keep it to remember not just Paris, but to remind others of the other attacks and to keep them all in their hearts as well, to show my dear friend I support her, and to remind myself that as fucked up and shitty as this world is, there's still compassion and positive, indomitable human spirit that refuses to be stamped into the dust.

it kinda bothers me because i see a lot of people wear the filter as a supposed "remembrance", but is it actually on their mind at all? i find the mixture of going on with our daily lives as though nothing happened while simultaneously wearing the colors of a country having just experienced a critical attack a little offputting.

to me it just seems as though people want to say they cared or actually contributed thought towards the gravity of the situation, when in reality most of us moved on in our complacency boxes that is our lives. like, did i actually involve myself in the remembrance of this country? no, but i can have a facebook filter to act like i did. 

i'm not necessarily saying that the filter needs to be exclusive or something; understanding the nature of tragedy shouldn't be rated on a scale of who cares the most, but even then it just bothers me that the representation of our support is so complacent and attached to such a valueless object.

I've found it incredibly disturbing to see people around me go about their lives as if nothing happened. I cannot understand how others can go on with their lives in a merry fashion, and it angers me deeply to see the complacency in people, not to mention the incredible amount of Islamophobia and fear mongering going on around me (joys of living in a red state, and I swear to fuck I'm going to slap the next person that comes preaching their Christian religion at me).

• Like 1

It's disgusting how the death of 129+ innocents is exploited to push malicious policies. Now they want to close the borders for the Syrian refugees.

Reality to morons: the Syrians fled their homelands to escape Daesh, they're not part of it. Terrorist organizations have plenty access to fake passports, that what makes them organized terror in the first place, they don't need to hide among the refugee numbers to get into Europe.

Not to mention that generating Islamophobia and fear mongering FUCKING ASSISTS ISIS IN EVERY SENSE OF THE MEANING.

Who the fuck do they think Muslims will run to if they feel the West is persecuting them?

n,bm.png

• Like 2

More like it further supports a war in the middle east that we shouldn't have anything to do with. Israel can suck a dick.

Good ol' Baby Bush really made things great back in the early 2000s. I mean LOOK AT HOW WELL WE'RE ALL DOING!

And Israel in the meanwhile just illegally takes more land from Palestine and then wonders why they fucking hate them so much, aside from willfully slaughtering Palestine children and refusing medical and emergency care. They're as good of Jews as Red states in the US are good christians.

Good ol' Baby Bush really made things great back in the early 2000s. I mean LOOK AT HOW WELL WE'RE ALL DOING!

And Israel in the meanwhile just illegally takes more land from Palestine and then wonders why they fucking hate them so much, aside from willfully slaughtering Palestine children and refusing medical and emergency care. They're as good of Jews as Red states in the US are good christians.

BUT

MUH HOLOCAUST ;___;

OY VEY WHAT AN ANTISEMITE

More like it further supports a war in the middle east that we shouldn't have anything to do with. Israel can suck a dick.

Yeah, America needs to just stay the fuck out of this one. With their killing innocent civilians and their depleted uranium and a lot of other heinous shit I won't even mention. That's what American style democracy looks like! 'murica! Fuck Yeah!  

I never turned it into an argument the first time. I'm am merely saying that the attack was on France this time and that they don't need any outside interest, especially from the U.S.A. France are big boys they can handle themselves if they so choose to retaliate.   

Edited by Mr. Fox

They were written in unstable times, when a little tiny flesh wound would fucking kill you, when there was constant battles and wars being waged around everyone in the 'holy lands', and when we had no scientific explanations behind WHY things in nature happen, or why we get sick.

Our world is filled with answers now, and it's extremely multicultural and interwoven. The world is small these days, and people need to get along to survive.

There is one problem here though... Things have changed for us, but they didn't change for them. These unstable times you mentioned? When a tiny fleshwound could kill you? That is still happening there. That is still happening all over the world.

That is why getting the horrible stuff from those holy texts out of their heads is so hard. They are stuck in a time when these rules still applied.

There is one problem here though... Things have changed for us, but they didn't change for them. These unstable times you mentioned? When a tiny fleshwound could kill you? That is still happening there. That is still happening all over the world.

That is why getting the horrible stuff from those holy texts out of their heads is so hard. They are stuck in a time when these rules still applied.

Touche. I suppose it's up to religious leaders and individuals to realize that kind of described violence in their holy texts is not something that should be exercised anymore.

I don't get it, why are you all so upset? You're supposed to be laughing! Because dead people are funny! Like those 224 of my fellow countrymen who died in an airplane crash in Egypt. It was so funny that even Charlie Hebdo went out and drew pictures for that crash! So why aren't you laughing???

I don't get it, why are you all so upset? You're supposed to be laughing! Because dead people are funny! Like those 224 of my fellow countrymen who died in an airplane crash in Egypt. It was so funny that even Charlie Hebdo went out and drew pictures for that crash! So why aren't you laughing???

Who says Im not laughing? I laughed so hard because dead people are hilarious lmao

I've found it incredibly disturbing to see people around me go about their lives as if nothing happened. I cannot understand how others can go on with their lives in a merry fashion, and it angers me deeply to see the complacency in people, not to mention the incredible amount of Islamophobia and fear mongering going on around me (joys of living in a red state, and I swear to fuck I'm going to slap the next person that comes preaching their Christian religion at me).

It's almost as if people don't really care about something that happened roughly 4000 miles away from them. In the end the attacks in France don't really effect the day to day lives of the people that live in your state whatsoever so why should they care really? Beyond you feeling that they should feel a sense of compassion towards people they never met or cared about before the attacks.

To be fair the entire concept of a suicide bombing is pretty damn funny.

To weigh in on the social media argument carrying on through page 7-8, GemWolf had some good points but I have to agree she has no tact with discussions and didn't have to resort to what could be considered insult. That's really all there is to it.

It may be superficial to some but really why get upset over something like that, just tell people that they could be showing (actual) support in any way if they can.

Speaking of support...I'm guilty of just being somewhat jaded and somber over the incident, but I've definitely been complacent as far as the event goes

I'm gonna have a look through the support charities and throw over fifty bucks when my pay goes in this week. It doesn't feel like much but I don't have the ability to do much else. The only other medium of support I have is art, but at times like this that just feels hollow.

If you find any, link them (or anyone else)

I'm a little strapped financially myself, but y'know, I'm not deceased nor do I know anyone who is so I already have it better than those in Paris, I can't say I'm completely unable to do anything if I can.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

It's almost as if people don't really care about something that happened roughly 4000 miles away from them. In the end the attacks in France don't really effect the day to day lives of the people that live in your state whatsoever so why should they care really? Beyond you feeling that they should feel a sense of compassion towards people they never met or cared about before the attacks.

Sad but true. Death and tragedies happen everyday. Doesn't mean they're not tragic of course. But we don't tend to think of them that much until they happen close to home.

• Like 1

I don't get people who find humor in tragedy or human suffering, it's off-putting tbh.

Well if you don't laugh you cry, and if you don't get why someone committing mass murder and killing themselves in the name of a religion of peace is funny i can't help you. Doesn't mean it's something to laugh at though, seems like an important disclaimer to add.

I sort of have to agree, unfortunately.

How much do people actually care that a single person halfway across the world died on a specific day that they never seen, heard, or know of? Is it heartless that they don't care that a person died, don't know who, but a person? Even as this sentence is being read tons of people, even unrelated to this particular tragedy, are dying dying dying. It happens. There's nothing you can do about it. Must we feel a perpetual state of sorrow because everyone is going to die at some point?

Of course, in this case Paris was a tragic incident, as it involved hundreds of people at the hands of some evil ones. But of course, is this the first time in the blight of human history that tragedy happened? No, and it wont be the last. It's okay to show concern, and most people who have any hope for people around them despite non-relation do, but I wouldn't get angry at someone simply because they don't put too much thought into something that hasn't directly affected them...unless of course, they were entirely indifferent, and even rude about it.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Touche. I suppose it's up to religious leaders and individuals to realize that kind of described violence in their holy texts is not something that should be exercised anymore.

That is exactly right! Muslims keep distancing themselves from the IS because these people supposedly "aren't true muslims". But in truth they could actually change a lot! If we want to destroy the IS relatively peacefully without resorting to nuking them from orbit we need the sane part of the islamic community to firmly stand their ground against them. The IS needs to be established as something that should not be part of the muslim world. They need to make public that yes, they ARE muslims and it IS their responsibility to help destroy them!

By the way, the same is true for christians  and other religions. They distance themselves from the loonies and claim that they aren't "true christians". But in truth people like Ted Cruz are a religious problem just like the IS is a religious problem (Cruz is just slightly less evil).

• Like 1

Is it wrong of me to just not give a fuck anymore?

I mean, it all just feels pointless investing any energy or emotion in all this mooslim body count madness.

Its so repetetive and milked out and exploited and media twisted and tainted with nationalism and racism and classism that frankly its just numbers on a screen, much like a dead cow is simply potential steak. Fuck all that shit, it aint worth my anythings.

• Like 2

That is exactly right! Muslims keep distancing themselves from the IS because these people supposedly "aren't true muslims". But in truth they could actually change a lot! If we want to destroy the IS relatively peacefully without resorting to nuking them from orbit we need the sane part of the islamic community to firmly stand their ground against them. The IS needs to be established as something that should not be part of the muslim world. They need to make public that yes, they ARE muslims and it IS their responsibility to help destroy them!

By the way, the same is true for christians  and other religions. They distance themselves from the loonies and claim that they aren't "true christians". But in truth people like Ted Cruz are a religious problem just like the IS is a religious problem (Cruz is just slightly less evil).

Besides "no true Scotsman" -> "not my problem" the "aren't true muslims" could also be used as a helpful talking point: "joining ISIS is betraying muslimhood". Using it to single out the loonies.

Going for a "we" (the democratic people of whatever heritage) against "them" (terrorists) and meanwhile: let religion fade away.  Progress did a wonderful job against Christianity. 

I mean, it all just feels pointless investing any energy or emotion in all this mooslim body count madness.

Its so repetetive and milked out and exploited and media twisted and tainted with nationalism and racism and classism that frankly its just numbers on a screen, much like a dead cow is simply potential steak. Fuck all that shit, it aint worth my anythings.

Not giving a fuck is to easy. I just think back to all the times where I wished others had. Sometimes a gesture of goodwill, even from a perfect stranger is enough to help get you through.

No, there's only so much of this you can take before it becomes the norm. Initially I was shocked, then things calmed down. Just another day.

same shit, different day really. 

Besides "no true Scotsman" -> "not my problem" the "aren't true muslims" could also be used as a helpful talking point: "joining ISIS is betraying muslimhood". Using it to single out the loonies.

Going for a "we" (the democratic people of whatever heritage) against "them" (terrorists) and meanwhile: let religion fade away.  Progress did a wonderful job against Christianity. 

Getting religious people to realize that their fairy tales have huge, obvious issues (both logically and socially) is a step in the right direction to get rid of religion.

I want Europe to fucking riot. I want PEGIDA to take full stranglehold until people wake up.
My sister called me today, scared. She lives in "public housing" and said some man was looking in her window the other night. She says shes terrified to leave her house, even moreso to go somewehre like the mall.

I want Europe to fucking riot. I want PEGIDA to take full stranglehold until people wake up.
My sister called me today, scared. She lives in "public housing" and said some man was looking in her window the other night. She says shes terrified to leave her house, even moreso to go somewehre like the mall.

I want PEGIDA to FUCK OFF. They are not wanted here.

On a side note, where does your sister live, in Germany (would be my first guess due to the PEGIDA reference) or somewhere else in Europe?

PEGIDA is nothing but a nazi organization. They were holding their last demonstrations on November 9th, that pretty much says it all.

For those who don't know, November 9th marks the anniversary of the "Reichskristallnacht", or novemberpogrome night, of 1938 The time when Hitler's nazi party started to wipe out the jews in Germany, shortly before they started deporting people to concentration camps.

The refugees here in Germany are not a problem. I have met many of them, I sell them prepaid SIM cards afterall. Some of them are a bit dense, sure... But they are not evil! According to some recent police reports they also behave and follow the law. Almost none of them are stealing or committing other crimes.

And as for muslims, they just finally need to realize that their religion has a ton of issues. I hate islam just like I hate any other religion. In the middle east they are living like ass backwards savages and I am convinced that their idiotic religion is what's holding them back.

But they are not all evil! They just don't realize that by distancing themselves from the issues with the IS they are causing more problems.

Edited by Käpt'n

The fact that they chose that specific date for their national demonstrations is enough evidence for me.

There are also smaller PEGIDA groups in some larger cities, like BOGIDA in the city of Bonn, which are largely organized by known extreme rightwing groups.

But sure, prove me wrong and shote me a message.

• Zeke locked this topic