Secret Santa

Misomie

I wanted to post this back on the first but forgot. I've checked around and have yet to see a post about this yet (unless I'm blind). 

Last year's on FAF was awesome so how about a round 2? Anyone interested?

(I'm bad at this stuff but it needs to be brought up, lol)

Edit:

We'll go by Chuchi's rules from last year. @Battlechili posted the link and quoted it a few posts down. I'd post it here but my phone is awful with quotes and link pasting. -_-

Confirmed list:

@Misomie 

@Mitha

@Pignog

@Nordo

@Hewge

@galaxy-meow

@PastryOfApathy

@WolfNightV4X1

@Kinare

@DevilishlyHandsome49

@Crunchy

@Battlechili

Form-

Gift type: Physical or Digital 

Dislikes:

What you can gift:

Physical gifts only-

Willing to ship international:

Address:

Interested list ? 

@Chrysocyon

Edited by Misomie

Yes, but in the context of FAF, I have no idea of how it would go. Do we exchange art? Send each other Bad Dragons...? :V

Last year it was either digital (art, music, steam games, ect) or physical (shipped goods). Like, I sent a pair of paws and got manga and a plush. :3

Everyone provided wishlists and one member (Chuchi) managed it to pair off users.

Last year it was either digital (art, music, steam games, ect) or physical (shipped goods). Like, I sent a pair of paws and got manga and a plush. :3

Everyone provided wishlists and one member (Chuchi) managed it to pair off users.

Ah, I see! I wouldn't be able to exchange anything physical, sadly. I could probably participate with digital gifts though! Sounds like a fun idea. ^^

• Like 1

Can we maybe get some idea of what it is, for those who didn't see the FAF thread..? >>;

https://web.archive.org/web/20141117055507/https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/1274433-The-Official-2014-FAF-Secret-Santa-Extravaganza!

And a quote for those who don't want to click the link:

What is Secret Santa?
For any of you that might not be entirely familiar with the tradition, Secret Santa is where a group of people (such as a classroom, group of coworkers, family or random furries such as us) submit their names to a pool, usually into a hat or a bucket or something similar. Then, they randomly select one name from that pool and that is the person for whom they must contribute a gift. Typically, the gift exchange is done at a Christmas or Holiday party when everyone gets together, and then you get to find out who selected your name when you open the present they got you and vice versa. But since we can't do that, I will be doing the randomizing/pairing for all of you lovely folks and you'll just have to wait to see who got your name when your present arrives. C:

Do I have to do anything special to join?
Yes, you must refer to me from now until Christmas as Santa Chuchi, non negotiable. 
All you have to do is express your interest in being added to the official list and then submit your mailing address/information to me. But keep in mind that this isn't about getting something so much as it is about giving something. 
If you intend to join this, please put forth the same effort into getting something for your person as you would hope that the person who selected you is putting forth. It's the thought that counts, so make it a damn good one!

Rules of the FAF Secret Santa
-Anyone who wants to join must add their name to the list by November 30th to be included and please have your information to me by then as well. That is the strict cut off and if I don't have mailing information or gift preferences by then, I'm not going to pair you off. I mean, c'mon, that's two weeks from the time this post is being submitted, don't try telling me you didn't have the time. :T You can note your information to me here on FAF, on FA or hit up on my Skype. Username 'Chuchi.fi'
-When you send me your mailing/shipping information, please include your username. Also, create a brief list of what you like/would want to receive and what you don't like/don't want to receive. This will help the person who gets you select something to your liking. :3 Likewise, please consider the person's list when purchasing/creating your gift for them. If you have a Steam account, be sure to include this so I can pass it along.
-NO NSFW/ADULT THEMED GIFTSWhile getting someone a rainbow colored horse dildo might be (really fucking) hilarious (and might even be practical), just don't do that. 
-The minimum value of the gift is $10 USD, while the maximum does not need to exceed $35 USD.
-The gift should be furry-related if possible.
-Gifts of digital artwork are acceptable. (Such as a commission from your person's favorite artist or artwork of your own)
-General digital gifts are acceptable. (Such as a game on Steam, etc)
-Physical gifts are also acceptable, including handmade gifts. Please be aware that members are sprinkled all over the world, so shipping costs might be high, especially for this time of year. 
-Keep things simple for me, don't intentionally be difficult, I am the only one handling this, if I gotta hunt you down for your information the night before or you're giving me undue snark for asking, I will send you a box of my own shit as bonus. Don't make me send you my own shit. :V
-Cut off date is November 30th, I am reiterating, yes.

Likes/Dislikes
Remember to include a list of things you want/would like to receive as well as a list of things you don't like/would not want to receive. Please refer to your person's list when considering what to make/purchase for them.
If possible, please also specify if you want to receive/send entirely digital, to help me pair things more efficiently and fairly. 
If you'd like your Secret Santa to consider a gift via Steam, make sure you include you Steam profile information and also make sure you have stuff in your wishlist to help them select something for you. 
You can also include whatever information you deem relevant that you want me to pass along to your Secret Santa, this includes your character reference(s) should you want art of your fursona. c:

But, I don't know about giving some random person my mailing address...
That's fine and completely understandable. If it eases your mind at all, I have a background in law enforcement and have a stand up record of professionalism (though I recognize most people are apparently very distrusting with police nowadays). I might even have some of my training awards, should you want confirmation of this, though I think I might have left those in storage in the US. If that's not enough to ease your worry, other users on FAF selected me for helping in organizing, which equates to 'selection by (mostly) peers' and as we know, this place will call on bullshit faster than a tornado will launch a cow. 
If you find you still don't want to include your mailing information, that's fine, but then keep in mind whoever you are paired with cannot send you a physical gift, and that might potentially limit the number of people you can be paired with. If that number of people who intend to do give digital gifts runs out, what then am I to do with you? Perhaps we can discuss this in the thread below, and I will update this post as required. 

*Please remember that if you include your shipping address, it must be EXACTLY as it must be printed for a shipping label to ensure that it gets to you.*

*I will try to pool people who want to send digital gifts with people who only want to receive digital gifts, and likewise with people in EU/USA paired with people in EU/USA if asked to, to be considerate of international shipping costs.* 

The Official List
I will be maintaining this as often as possible, and I'm able to do so multiple times per day if necessary. The names at the top of the list and above the line are people that have submitted their information to me. All other names have voiced their interest/asked to be added to the list. I will move the line/names as required as information comes to me. Please remember to have it to me before the end of November or you won't be officially included if I can't pair you off. So get yo asses above the line, people. 
Anyway, with all that cleared up, onto the official list! *drumroll*

Although as far as I'm aware, Chuchi isn't around here anymore. So I'm not sure how a new one would work. 

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 2

Last year Harbringer got this commissioned for me as a gift to me http://i.imgur.com/UCPZP3L.jpg . Needless to say the Secret Santa thing on FAF was really fun and I'd happily participate again and be someone's secret santa. I was kinda cheap last year and this time around I'm able to put a little more cash into it.

Edited by Battlechili

I'll host it if no one else wants to. I was thinking of assigning each participant a number and then throwing the list through random.org. After though I'll make sure everyone is compatible (such as user A wants costume pieces and can offer a video game while user B can offer craft items but loves video games).

There will be two lists, digital and physical. 

For signing up-

Gift Type: (physical or digital) 

What'd you like: (include refs if you want art and other info like your Steam name)

What you don't like:

What you can give: ie. Are you an artist? Crafter? Ect. (To help pair up users)

Address: (physical only)

Willingness to ship internationally? Yes or No.

I will cover an extra user if there are an odd number of participants unless someone else is interested in multiple entries.

Does this sound good? Rules will include those made by Santa Chuchi last year.

Edited by Misomie
  • Like 1

-NO NSFW/ADULT THEMED GIFTSWhile getting someone a rainbow colored horse dildo might be (really fucking) hilarious (and might even be practical), just don't do that. 

Sorry @Hewge, looks like that Bad Dragon will have to wait. 

@Misomie, so would we fill out the form in this thread here, or PM you the details? I'd imagine stuff like physical addresses should probably be privately messaged, at least. ^^;

• Like 1

@Umbra.Exe

PMed of course. :) The only other user besides the host that will receive an address will be the paired sender. 

Last year Chuchi was voted into it because everyone trusted her with their info. If anyone has any suggestions on who they want to run it, go ahead and post. I just want this event to happen again because it was so fun last year~ 

Thank god I was going to freeze this winter. Being poor sucks

I feel that 8( If I lived nearer to you (I just assume I live far away from everyone because  that's how it is 9.9999999/10 times), I totally share my noms with you. I spent a month being homeless in the dead of winter in 2013 and fuck...I go out of my way now to help others I see facing the same prospect. Going hungry every damn day, and having to sleep beneath towels and whatever fabric you can find...no, no, and a million times no.

Easily explained by this:

furluminati.thumb.png.ee2cae34c59110ac92

TOO INTENSE 5 ME

I feel that 8( If I lived nearer to you (I just assume I live far away from everyone because  that's how it is 9.9999999/10 times), I totally share my noms with you. I spent a month being homeless in the dead of winter in 2013 and fuck...I go out of my way now to help others I see facing the same prospect. Going hungry every damn day, and having to sleep beneath towels and whatever fabric you can find...no, no, and a million times no.

TOO INTENSE 5 ME

Every time I was on the street it was summer. It wasn't cold but I got sick a lot and ended up with trench foot. But I just never have enough money in the winter. 

Every time I was on the street it was summer. It wasn't cold but I got sick a lot and ended up with trench foot. But I just never have enough money in the winter. 

If you need them, I can send a few jackets and possibly boots (and socks if you are cool with second hand). I have a lot of my dad's and grandpa's old clothing just sitting around.

If you need them, I can send a few jackets and possibly boots (and socks if you are cool with second hand). I have a lot of my dad's and grandpa's old clothing just sitting around.

Na it's cool I should be okay. I should have enough. You should really consider donating it to a organization that doesn't sell donations. Too many people freeze to death in the winter. 

Na it's cool I should be okay. I should have enough. You should really consider donating it to a organization that doesn't sell donations. Too many people freeze to death in the winter. 

Yeah, I was going to take them to a place where the elderly stay until they die (forgot what it was called but I remember Garth saying they end up wearing rags). I should see if there are any organizations near by for homeless though and give the lighter stuff to the other places.

Yeah, I was going to take them to a place where the elderly stay until they die (forgot what it was called but I remember Garth saying they end up wearing rags). I should see if there are any organizations near by for homeless though and give the lighter stuff to the other places.

Sounds like some sort of HOSPICE thing

• Like 1

I did it once on a different site with a closer group of individuals. Was a tad disappointed because the gift I got was used (they admitted and apologized for it, but still) and not even remotely close to anything I put down on my list, almost like the person grabbed the first unwanted thing in their room and said "this will do!" I actually put thought into the gift I got for my person, but it was quite easy because their list was tiered like "I want this thing most" and thanks to eBay I managed to get a good deal on their top pick so sent them that. Sooo it's always a worry that I'll get garbage after having actually cared what I sent out...

Depending on what is decided as far as spending limits/minimums go, I may or may not be interested. Don't really know anyone here, might be fun~

Edited by Kinare