Secret Santa

Misomie

I guess throw me on the "fo sho" list and I'll get my form sent in sometime soon, just gotta math and such to figure out if I can do international, which I think would be lots of fun. (I promise not to send too many American-only fatty stuffs... you poor deprived internationals.)

Since we're going with those exact rules from before, it must be safe to assume the limits and mins are the same, correct? Just making sure. I don't plan on cheaping out, but I do worry about being cheaped out upon (as said above, has happened before). Not really any way to enforce it I guess, just hoping strangers are honest.

Maybe there's a way to get with Chuchi somehow and see if she has any knowledge of past people cheaping out or just vanishing altogether? May not want to let them participate again and you may wanna keep record of any bads for yourself and for future hosts.

(Also, thanks for the @, I might have missed this otherwise cuz I'm a bit spacey like that...)

@Kinare-

International isn't that bad as long as you are shipping smaller items. Larger items do start to get pricey though.

Yeah, 10-30 is nice but I'm fairly positive a large number of users broke the limit last year. I don't recall anyone backing out but if that does happen, the user will of course be blacklisted from future events and I'll see about getting something for the left out user so they aren't ripped off. Hopefully that doesn't happen though cause that would suck.

I can see if she is still on FA and message her about it though. Edit: Can't send her a note through FA.

Edited by Misomie

I guess throw me on the "fo sho" list and I'll get my form sent in sometime soon, just gotta math and such to figure out if I can do international, which I think would be lots of fun. (I promise not to send too many American-only fatty stuffs... you poor deprived internationals.)

Since we're going with those exact rules from before, it must be safe to assume the limits and mins are the same, correct? Just making sure. I don't plan on cheaping out, but I do worry about being cheaped out upon (as said above, has happened before). Not really any way to enforce it I guess, just hoping strangers are honest.

Maybe there's a way to get with Chuchi somehow and see if she has any knowledge of past people cheaping out or just vanishing altogether? May not want to let them participate again and you may wanna keep record of any bads for yourself and for future hosts.

(Also, thanks for the @, I might have missed this otherwise cuz I'm a bit spacey like that...)

That does ound awful :c I'd be a little on edge about getting this done right, as Id hate to be the backout or the cheap gifter. Id try my best, at least @.@ Havent done this before so I'll see how this goes. I like to be a dependable and respectful person so Im in...I wanted to try last year but since I asked this time it's go-time. Hehe.

I have a personal price range, I have no idea what to do/get yet until I get someone, so Im going on some whim of broad ranging ideas.

That said, woohoo Im on confirmed! I wont let ya guys down. Hoping the list grows, would make for a fun event.

um...well otherwise, anyone know the gist of how to ship international? I declined because it seemed it could be pricey?

Ive rarely shipped at all...but I have an idea. I shipped a small envelope once in the US I can figure it out again. Woo!

um...well otherwise, anyone know the gist of how to ship international? I declined because it seemed it could be pricey?

Depends heavily on size/weight/company you use and sometimes the type of item you're sending and of course location (distance and rules of that country included). Generally speaking, it seems to be about double the cost of shipping within your country. The couple times I have shipped internationally it was cheaper for me to go through USPS (our regular mail carrier) than any of our major shipping companies by a few bucks.

You can always go to a few different shipping sites and type in various weights/shapes/etc to get an idea. Basically that's what I'm probably going to end up doing if I decide to do something international: figure out cost of shipping first, then worry about what to get and stick to or under a certain weight so I can afford to ship. =p Of course, that will likely mean less I can send overall, but will see.

Secret Santa Update

1448907412.miso-so_ych3.thumb.png.45e1c5

The list has been made and everyone is now paired off. No new entries will be accepted at this point. 

The participants:

@Misomie

@Mitha

@Pignog

@Nordo

@Hewge

@galaxy-meow

@PastryOfApathy

@WolfNightV4X1

@Kinare

@DevilishlyHandsome49

@Crunchy

@Battlechili

@Chrysocyon

I spent quite awhile pairing everyone up so gifts and wants are compatible. Due to the entry number, physical and digital are mixed (those that stated physical/digital only remain that way in what is gifted/received). Please note me if you have any problems/questions.

I'll be sending out pairs shortly~

Edit: Everything sent out~ Have fun. :D

Edit 2: If you are sending something physical and get tracking for it, please pm it to me so I can alert the receiver when it is close to arrival. If you are sending digital art, you can upload it to something like imgur and send me the link if you want them to get it early without knowing who it's from (or you can send it yourself).

Edited by Misomie
  • Like 7

Thanks a lot for putting this together for us @Misomie. <3 ur aweshum

Pretty well got mine figured out, just gotta throw money at it. Can we send the gift ASAP or should we try hard to be as Santa like as possible and aim for Christmas?

Thanks. X3

I'd say asap for physical gifts (to prevent delays) and anytime for digital. If I was doing digital, I'd send it on the 24th myself, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, galaxy-meow said:

I was just curious because two other SS's I did elsewhere already arrived xP i mean, I'm sure digital gifters are waiting, but did anyone get any mail yet?

I haven't got one yet either. Don't sweat it. SANTA ALWAYS COMES THROUGH :o)