Fallen Furs

GemWolf

There was a thread like this on FAF. I have done a search and could not find a thread like this, so if there is one and I missed it - my apologies.

As we all know, the attacks on Paris have stolen many innocent lives. Among them was a fellow furry named Charlotte.  >>>  (NSFW - minor blood) http://dessankarasu.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-572183892 . Every lost life is tragic. 

If you know of any fallen furs, regardless of how recent or how long ago, lets remember them here. God Bless 

Edited by GemWolf
nsfw tag

I've been seeing this recently in journals this is really not a good time for this Considering how people are reacting at this tragedy. And it's really not helping that there's been a lot of misinformation lately especially with certain false information that's been poping up on blogs.

Edited by RTDragon

the picture linked was pretty heartbreaking though. If I could speak French Id offer condolences

Speaking of which, just be clear: If I'm ever murdered, please don't draw my fursona with a gaping bullet wound in her head, BECAUSE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!??

Edited by AshleyAshes

Speaking of which, just be clear: If I'm ever murdered, please don't draw my fursona with a gaping bullet wound in her head, BECAUSE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!??

id respect your wishes...and Im not sure what that person wouldve felt and Im sure the artist knows them better than I, but I otherwise dont see anything wrong with portraying what happened to someone in 'sona form. Some people do that, its a personal thing.

I have a better idea. Now I would hire a profession artist to do this but

Untitled.thumb.png.ced5712d9c2fc6f44e23e

My fursona is an adult. :P There's no 2 foot tall toddler version of my fursona.  I kinda feel that attaching imagery of an actual CHILD to my kink would be like, SUPER creepy, so yeah, an adult with a kink, it's all just roleplay.

Can we not?
Can we not act like furries deserve more attention to their deaths than the 100+ people that were killed?
Can we not act like a person's worth, and the impact of their death, is based in whether or not they share what should be a minor personal interest?
Can we not be this disrespectful towards those who suffer, by placing them in such weirdly specific and exclusory groups?
Can we fucking not, please?

If we're talking about the deaths involved in the Paris incident, we should be talking about ALL of them.
Not just the furry ones.

• Like 7

Can we not?
Can we not act like furries deserve more attention to their deaths than the 100+ people that were killed?
Can we not act like a person's worth, and the impact of their death, is based in whether or not they share what should be a minor personal interest?
Can we not be this disrespectful towards those who suffer, by placing them in such weirdly specific and exclusory groups?
Can we fucking not, please?

If we're talking about the deaths involved in the Paris incident, we should be talking about ALL of them.
Not just the furry ones.

then make a memorial thread yourself

Edited by Eggdodger

then make a memorial thread yourself

My problem is not with the fact that a memorial thread would exist.

Rather the oddly specific criteria that it encompasses.
This brushing aside and weird disrespect for people who died, because they just didn't happen to be in a fandom about cartoon animals.

Edited by Vae

Personally, I think that's a bit more powerful. It's uncomfortable and that's the point. Nothing about this was comfortable and it drives the point home to show exactly what ended their friend. 

Edited by XoPachi
  • Like 2

My problem is not with the fact that a memorial thread would exist.
Rather the oddly specific criteria that it encompasses.
This brushing aside and weird disrespect for people who died, because they just didn't happen to be in a fandom about cartoon animals.

I think you're reading too much into the intent of OP and the thread in general. I don't see any dismissal of the others, or weird disrespect. Further, people have been grouping together and making memorials for others based on random criteria (veteran, biker gang member, cancer diagnosis) since just about forever. That it's being done for this subculture, that's the straw that broke the camel's back?

• Like 2

I think you're reading too much into the intent of OP and the thread in general. I don't see any dismissal of the others, or weird disrespect. Further, people have been grouping together and making memorials for others based on random criteria (veteran, biker gang member, cancer diagnosis) since just about forever. That it's being done for this subculture, that's the straw that broke the camel's back?

Yeah, well, we as a forum don't have a good history of this. Certain members of this site basically used the deaths of users as some sort of stuffed corpse to take selfies with so they could throe them out when arguing points or arguing with each other.  =X  Seriously, some of this got all super gross and it's set a pretty uncomfortable precedent.

Not just the furry ones.

No this is not incident specific. Just that if anyone wanted to remember a fallen fur, this thread is here. It was intended for those who were furry and placed in a furry form because most may not have been recognized as fur by their family/friends. This is a place for them to be remembered as who they were, a furry. 

I never meant to upset people. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think that's a bit more powerful. It's uncomfortable and that's the point. Nothing about this was comfortable and it drives the point home to show exactly what ended their friend. 

It really does drive the point further along. The artist could have chosen not to put that in there, but with the wound there, it categorizes it into a more disturbing category of how one's life came to an end; it removes any "died in peace" sense from the image and immediately forces you to confront the manner of death.

Art critique aside, I legitimately did cry in browsing the image and the posts with it. The whole situation with all the attacks that have happened is completely fucked up, and it's not like you can apply an easy fix to any of it or go to your parents or whoever for answers, because there's no answers that make any humane, moral, or ethical sense.

• Like 2

My fursona is an adult. :P There's no 2 foot tall toddler version of my fursona.  I kinda feel that attaching imagery of an actual CHILD to my kink would be like, SUPER creepy, so yeah, an adult with a kink, it's all just roleplay.

Untitled.thumb.png.3cec56f971345d1ef3dea

Corrected to compensate for age

• Like 3

I just woke up and saw this thread. If I may add my opinion: I think its safe to say everyone on this forum is dealing with their own personal problems that are bringing them down, whether it be the deaths of those in Paris, the deaths of people in the past, or just something else besides death that is bothering them. A digital funeral thread just...it will only bring a dark cloud over part of the forum and I feel most of us come here to escape our pain or to vent about our pain when we're ready to; not have a thread like this always here when we're not. I also agree with all the other points everyone made of a thread specifically for furry deaths being a bit insensitive. I'm sure OP didn't mean anything bad by it but its best this thread just disappears or gets locked and buried.

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49
  • Like 2

• Zeke locked this topic