Like A Virgin

#00Buck

Are you a virgin?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a virgin?

• Yes
    • No

I gathered, but it does happen. 17yo me was a delightfully sad mixture of bi-curious and very desperate to not be a virgin anymore, ended up with some very forward guy who was 10 years older who fed me alcohol and took me back to his place. A very regrettable experience. Messed my head up something fierce for a long time!

So none of you other little shits cave in to peer pressure and desperation, wait til you find someone you trust and have a positive experience.

:C Das weerd.

Being gay and a virgin makes literally zero sense lol

Unless it's not the actual virginity you're angsting about and actually the soul-crushing realization that you are probably an undesirable long-term romantic partner and that's only going to get worse as the experience gap widens with your peers.

• Like 2

Unless it's not the actual virginity you're angsting about and actually the soul-crushing realization that you are probably an undesirable long-term romantic partner and that's only going to get worse as the experience gap widens with your peers.

Can it be both? :c

The second part hits home yes. There are so many stupid and immature mistakes I will make in the future that should have been done at 16. Fuck, Zara, I'll never catch up. YOU MADE ME SAD.

• Like 1

It can, but getting laid with the homogay is trivially easy so it pales in comparison to being an invalid.

I've actually noticed that guys seem to be way more interested in me than girls, but every time I go to sleep with a dude something gets in the way >_>

It's almost like the only purpose of life is to shoot DNA at each other and as a male your entire genetic legacy was forged by a desire to mate that impelled your ancestors to turn the entire Earth into a habitat for humans in order to win out against countless competitors.

• Like 2

I've actually noticed that guys seem to be way more interested in me than girls, but every time I go to sleep with a dude something gets in the way >_>

I have the opposite "problem" but this is mostly because I have high-tech gaydar stealth and most of the people I'm forced to associate with are women.

As pathetic as it sounds, I feel like getting laid will probably fix a lot of my self image and frustration problems. :|

More like it's going to create a lot more because those things are symptoms of a greater problem which is that you are self-loathing.

• Like 2

I have the opposite "problem" but this is mostly because I have high-tech gaydar stealth and most of the people I'm forced to associate with are women.

More like it's going to create a lot more because those things are symptoms of a greater problem which is that you are self-loathing.

yeah but at least alcohol fixes that problem

well if all else fails you can always go back to your current girlfriends, "lefty" and "righty".   

fuck that, bad dragons brah

When you've been ingrained with the idea your worth as a man is determined by how much sex you're having, you'll understand this mentality.

The way you word this makes it sound like another "cultural critique" as if the aspects of our culture that pressure men into sex aren't informed by biological processes at the core of the limbic system.

I hope I am misunderstanding and you aren't an acolyte of tumblr truths,

• Like 2

The way you word this makes it sound like another "cultural critique" as if the aspects of our culture that pressure men into sex aren't informed by biological processes at the core of the limbic system.

I mean he does have a point that there is some cultural pressure for guys to be total manwhores but at the same time there is also the whole biological YOU MUST FUCK EVERYTHING WITH A PULSE process too, lol.

I mean he does have a point that there is some cultural pressure for guys to be total manwhores but at the same time there is also the whole biological YOU MUST FUCK EVERYTHING WITH A PULSE process too, lol.

The only thing that could be interpreted as "cultural pressure" is the projection of men with a higher libido onto the ones with comparatively low one in terms of how high sex is prioritized, and it's not really even sex most of the time so much as a pressure to settle down, at least that's how I feel in my mid-20's.

• Like 2

That wasn't my intent. I am a man and I very much want to have sex, that desire is a part of who and what I am. I just want it to be on my terms without being judged for waiting. It's not unreasonable, even on a purely instinctual level, that I'd rather have sex with a woman I want to be in a relationship with than the first willing stranger to come along.

And I do not tumblr. According to tumblr I am the worst type of human.

I haven't been ingrained with that idea, cause I think for myself.

Good for you, go change the world.

I'd say that the longer you go on without it the more you overestimate it, and the sillier you'll feel about your obsession with losing your virginity when it finally happens.

Unless you're just not interested, or something.

I wish I was still pure :v

Edited by Luka

It's almost like the only purpose of life is to shoot DNA at each other and as a male your entire genetic legacy was forged by a desire to mate that impelled your ancestors to turn the entire Earth into a habitat for humans in order to win out against countless competitors.

Don't confuse the point of life with what is merely the dominant mode of life. There are immortal organisms in this world. Reproduction, progenitor of sex, began as a way for an organism to shift damage and rejuvenate itself. Even the most ancient bacterial cells divide in such a way that damaged components are distributed unevenly: one 'daughter' cell will inherit most of the damage. Sex itself is merely a mechanism to enhance the chances of being better fit to ones environment at a greater rate than clonal reproduction. These are strategies are more widespread because they exhibit greater responsiveness and flexibility. Offspring represent a renewed chance at success for a contiguous entity: one's lineage. This entity shifts through time, morphing from regeneration to regeneration, birth to birth, spreading out paths in 4 dimensions.

TL;DR: Sex is just an organism's way of putting more quarters in the arcade machine. The point of life is what you make it.

Edited by DrGravitas
Word choice; expanding
  • Like 4