have you ever thought about your sona's social status?

Caledonian

because I had to learn this interesting stuff about motivaction and everything. the way someone thinks.
Mentality_English.jpg

but also I was wondering about how others view your sona, even though i understand that's not something you can easily say.

I haven't, really, thought about it. 
I mean, Dalzell is nobility/aristocracy but he's victorian so that's all a bit different, aye?

I'm not sure what that image is, but my fagsona/OC in my avatar was (at least originally) supposed to be some kind of rock star mostly by accident and the fault of his peers. That gives him a high social status, but it doesn't match his personality. He would have been content as a burger-flipper with a piano, so I don't know what I'd call him. He's definitely not a social climbing type.

I've thought on this this a bit, and I think there's only so much you can do when mapping the personality of a mad science cartoon.
The doc is great for avatars and looking good, but it doesn't feel right to plan out people he might talk to, his history, home, etc.

If I wanted to do something like that, I'd rather make a whole new second character. Otherwise it'd be like writing a long biography about the mental struggles of The Road Runner from Looney Tunes; it'd just ruin what's already going and working.

Well, I took the quiz in question, and it said I was a cosmopolitan. I also relate to elements of post-materialism.

I think my aardsona would be more of a cosmopolitan, and my other fursona might be more of a post-materialist or postmodern hedonist.

Ludwig's heir to the most powerful nation in the setting.
But his country's also kind of "the bad one" that starts a bunch of wars and doesn't play well with the other kids.

Still, I imagine his social standing's pretty damn high, given the situation.

Y'know Saul from Pineapple Express? That's the way I like to picture Matt. He lives a fairly mediocre life, he has no ambition, and he would be considered by many to be a leech on society. That said, you'd be hard pressed to find somebody more content or with a more generally positive outlook on life. Despite being lazy, peculiar things often happen to him because he has a tendency to follow his whims and then worry about the consequences later, or because he generally draws strange people into his life with his easygoing nature.

tumblr_lo6qiqhQDy1qljt6yo1_500.gif

Edited by MuttButt
  • Like 1

Before I used Astus as my fursona there was a point where he was just an antagonist in one of my stories. In that world the number of tails a fox had the more "higher class" they were. Astus's father had seven tails and his mother had six, Astus himself (before he died) supposedly had six which in that world is considered above normal, so I'd assume he was of the upper middle class of that world.

• Like 1

I based my characters off of old epics of conquerors. Born a slave, died a king. Like Emperor Diocletian. I probably watched Berserk too much...Two brothers who saw the world differently. One became Emperor of the known universe and supposed Messiah (not Padashah Emperor or Muad'Dib), the other became a monk and spiritual leader of a group of peoples escaping the first brother. The tricky part is the first brother isn't a tyrant, he is fair to his people if the people follow him. And they adore him. The hero's journey can be subverted, and you can have it produce a villain.

This is sounding very much like Berserk crossed with Dune. The older brother is the Griffith-Haderach, the younger brother is Dragon-Jesus-Buddha.

Only the second brother (and his followers) are dragons. Has to do with ancient aliens and whatever. Very silly, I know.

So yes, class is important for my character. His experiences shape who he is. My character isn't Griffith Atreides, it's Dragon Moses.

So slave to upper class after adoption, outcast, then ruling class.

Edited by Calemeyr

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2015 at 9:52 AM, Calemeyr said:

I based my characters off of old epics of conquerors. Born a slave, died a king. Like Emperor Diocletian. I probably watched Berserk too much...Two brothers who saw the world differently. One became Emperor of the known universe and supposed Messiah (not Padashah Emperor or Muad'Dib), the other became a monk and spiritual leader of a group of peoples escaping the first brother. The tricky part is the first brother isn't a tyrant, he is fair to his people if the people follow him. And they adore him. The hero's journey can be subverted, and you can have it produce a villain.

This is sounding very much like Berserk crossed with Dune. The older brother is the Griffith-Haderach, the younger brother is Dragon-Jesus-Buddha.

Only the second brother (and his followers) are dragons. Has to do with ancient aliens and whatever. Very silly, I know.

So yes, class is important for my character. His experiences shape who he is. My character isn't Griffith Atreides, it's Dragon Moses.

So slave to upper class after adoption, outcast, then ruling class.

Berserk is the shit, I'm rewatching it right now actually. My favorite scene by far is griffith's dream where he's running to the castle, but then he realizes the path to it is made of a pile of corpses and you're like oh shiiiiit, it's all the people he's killed and allowed to die for his goal, was it worth it dawg?

• Like 1

Not really since I don't really socialize with many furs, or RP with them since it always devolves into some weird sex shit. 

If I had to, My frusta's old as shit and would more likely shoot you for trespassing on his property than invite you over for tea and listen to some jazz records from the 1940's. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...