HELP GIMP SUCKS

Vallium

So like...the tools. Not sure what happened but when I reopened gimp some of them got lost. I managed to reopen them through the tabs on the top. Windows<Dockable dialogs and such...

However, try as I might I can't recall the one toolbox which edits brush size, and brush setting (such as smooth stroke, which is basically the tool I'd really liked in gimp as I'm bad at keeping linearts clean and not shaky)

I know even without the toolbox there are keyboard shortcuts for sizing brushes (I may have forgotten...ctrl +- or ctrl [] perhaps?) but if my memory hasn't failed me, they havent been working in gimp, so...

If not that, any other programs I can line things smoothly?

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads - Adobe made CS2 free a while back. Probably doesn't have as many newer features as GIMP but it's still good for most photo editing needs. For me it only acts weird when starting it up. For some reason it asks for admin privileges, which you can deny, and it pops up an useless error message. But works fine!

Edited by Phausk

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads - Adobe made CS2 free a while back. Probably doesn't have as many newer features as GIMP but it's still good for most photo editing needs. For me it only acts weird when starting it up. For some reason it asks for admin privileges, which you can deny, and it pops up an useless error message. But works fine!

Technically it's still illegal to download that if you don't own a license, but I think Adobe has long since stopped caring if people abuse it or not.

I recommend just buying something like Clip Studio Paint or SAI.  Pretty cheap and has more functions than GIMP or Photoshop when it comes to drawing, nice line stabilization and tools to make really clean line art.

Edit: Also, if all else fails, you could always reinstall GIMP.  That should get everything back to default.

Edited by Chrysocyon

• 1 month later...
Just now, Saxon said:

So...problem is fixed now, maybe?

FVZOO6CH7ANSLLA.MEDIUM.jpg

Oh gosh...yes this was fixed quite some time ago, thank you for all yout help and useful advices.

Hehe, and no gimp does not suck, that was me being dramatically frustrated at working the different software and whatnot. I still dont exactly know everything about these programs at times, at some point I want to find some tutorial to spell out the most useful parts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2016 at 8:45 AM, Chii said:

Im sure you have this fixed by now but just in case you are looking for another program i suggest SAI, people post free versions of it pretty much everywhere, its a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it its really nice ;o;

http://sai.detstwo.com/forum/index.php/topic,545.0.html

There is no 'free' version. It was translated to English by some fans before the dev translated it himself and started selling it world wide.

• Like 1