Kellie Gator

34 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

"My eyes" as in it's Judy in trump apparel, or that it's Judy with a sexy body?

Because despite the fact that it's Judy with a human body, that's still a pretty hot body.

Little of column A, little of column B

On 26/05/2016 at 2:57 AM, Crazy Lee said:

"My eyes" as in it's Judy in trump apparel, or that it's Judy with a sexy body?

It's the Trump apparel for me. The race-related Trump rhetoric isn't really something that I think Judy Hopps would stand behind if she were a real character.

• Like 3

Who would have though that Zootopia would be discussed in the same breath as films like Avatar and Titanic?   Well here it is, at just under $1B at the box office, Zootopia is now the second biggest 'original' film of all time, only behind Avatar.  The only film to have grossed over a $1B and not spawn a sequel was Titanic (which didn't really lend itself to a sequel with the whole boat sinking and everyone dying thing).   It's also amazing that Zootopia is still bringing in almost $1M/week domestically just a week before the movie comes out on DVD.  Get ready, this film and it's offspring are going to be with us for quite some time.      

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/30/box-office-disneys-zootopia-tops-lion-king-to-become-second-biggest-original-movie-ever/#592d754a29ac

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conker said:

Fucking amazing. It's been such a fun ride watching it clime closer and closer to a billion each week. Movie so deserves it too.

It's a damn sight better than frozen, that's for sure. Hopefully it'll even overtake it.

• Like 3

When I first saw this film's announcement I thought it was going to be a piece of crap that woild be forgotten about in a few months. I just watched it recently and I think it was actually really good. 

Now im just curious how bad or good the fanar-oh , thanks for showing me guys. Damn I'm late for this bandwagon.

On 5/30/2016 at 2:03 PM, Strongbob said:

Who would have though that Zootopia would be discussed in the same breath as films like Avatar and Titanic?   Well here it is, at just under $1B at the box office, Zootopia is now the second biggest 'original' film of all time, only behind Avatar.  The only film to have grossed over a $1B and not spawn a sequel was Titanic (which didn't really lend itself to a sequel with the whole boat sinking and everyone dying thing).   It's also amazing that Zootopia is still bringing in almost $1M/week domestically just a week before the movie comes out on DVD.  Get ready, this film and it's offspring are going to be with us for quite some time.      

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/30/box-office-disneys-zootopia-tops-lion-king-to-become-second-biggest-original-movie-ever/#592d754a29ac

My hope is that the offspring of this movie are just as good, so that the hype will stay and the fandom will thrive.

I just realized there's potentially another subtle bit of commentary here with Finnick and Nick.

Obviously, a red fox cannot be the parent of a Fennec fox.

Somewhat less obviously, just because Fennec foxes are small doesn't mean they're children or babies.

This implies that non-foxes may harbor an implicit "all foxes look/are alike" mentality.

It also implies that poor Finnick may have to deal with being constantly infantilized and patronized, which may explain his rough, gruff demeanor.

On 5/21/2016 at 0:58 AM, Strongbob said:

Witch stereotype are you referring to?  Furries ruin everything (kidding)?  I've had a lot of thoughts on this topic, but I don't feel like typing it all up on my phone, so you'll have to wait a few days. 

I think he means that we're all mentally ill.

On 5/25/2016 at 4:10 PM, Wax said:

UPDATE: I FOUND IT

noUzDpT.jpg

Photoshopped!

11 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

Well the movie has done it, Zootopia has officially crossed $1B at the box office.  So the next time anyone asks what Zootopia is, just say it's the BILLION dollar furry movie.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/05/zootopia-hits-one-billion-dollars-at-worldwide-box-office/

Eh, I'll stick to calling it a billion dollar animated movie. 

I have no interest in slapping on the furry part for some weird pride shit :v

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Eh, I'll stick to calling it a billion dollar animated movie. 

I have no interest in slapping on the furry part for some weird pride shit :v

Billion dollar fox+bunny shipping movie?  I was just kidding, you can call it whatever you like.  The fact that an anthropomorphic animal movie has made a billion dollars is pretty remarkable though.   The furry aspect of the movie only really matters to us anyway.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

My English Teacher said we're going to be watching Zootopia starting Friday. My furfag sensors are tingling

ARE YOU SHITTING ME IM STUCK WITH THE GREAT GATSBY!!!

3 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

So we watched it today, and I must say it's a lot better than I expected. I have kind of a crush on that weasel that Judy was chasing near the beginning.

The weasel must be Freddie Mercury incarnate then, right?

• Like 1

So at the theater we have these televisions in the lobby that we play movies on. Many of these movies are overplayed, so yesterday I decided to bring in my copy of Zootopia for the TVs. At one point, everyone who was working in the stand was watching the movie. Everyone except my dork friend really enjoys Zootopia, but then again my dork friend knows too much about furries.

I wonder if there are third world or undeveloped countries in this setting where predators and prey are still predators and prey.

I'd also like to see how extensive and developed the country they're a part of is. Like, is Zootopia even a capital or just some generic city in the middle of wherever? The little lamb kid at the start mentioned being an astronaut, but I didn't see any part of Zootopia that hinted towards the presence of a space program.

I think the setting has a whole lot of potential, but there's only going to be so much they can do if they stick to the same characters. For that reason I'm not sure what if anything can or should be done here in the way of sequels.

On 15/06/2016 at 11:51 AM, FlynnCoyote said:

I think the setting has a whole lot of potential, but there's only going to be so much they can do if they stick to the same characters. For that reason I'm not sure what if anything can or should be done here in the way of sequels.

I'd like them to revisit Nick and Judy, but maybe have the plot not focus around them? I don't know really. It's gonna be a while before Zootopia 2 anyway, what with a Frozen sequel inevitably in the mix (and I think they're still working on a Wreck it Ralph 2?)

This new 'Moana' film looks interesting though.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have yet to see Red Turtle, but I heard it was phenomenal. I'm a bit surprised a Ghibli Film (technically) didn't win.

Kubo's visuals were absolutely stunning, but story-wise, it had some weak spots. I can see why it didn't win.

Either way, yay, furries.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be kept out of the news for long, this week we have the lawsuit filed against Disney of 'stealing' the concept of Zootopia.

https://www.moviefone.com/2017/03/21/total-recall-writer-accuses-disney-of-copying-zootopia/

I love how the article looks and sounds like your standard 'you stole my OC!' fight on FA.  See, it's not only furries that resort to this type of drama. 

• 2 months later...