Just started driving for Uber & Lyft

Rassah

> Wants to rent a $3000 Ferrarborghini just to play Crazy Taxi with a shinier coat of paint, instead of doing something more meaningful, like picking up a bunch of friends and doing a social thing.

I think that says enough, really.

Also lol, $900/mo. Career goals or not, that's not even min wage.

Edited by Vae

1 minute ago, Vae said:

> Wants to rent a $3000 Ferrarborghini just to play Crazy Taxi with a shinier coat of paint, instead of doing something more meaningful, like picking up a bunch of friends and doing a social thing.

I think that says enough, really.

Also lol, $900/mo.

I survive off like $900 a month. I don't have a good sense of money. Is that not a lot?

15 minutes ago, Brass said:

Rassah's got a lot of SKELETONS in his closet but honestly do we really have to PUNish him like this?

xHGKA24.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Wow, butthurt Toshabi still can't take a hint. Good riddance, fuck off. Your quick memes and overused shtick has ran it's course, time to get a new one, brah.  

wW19PbA.jpg

14 minutes ago, Brass said:

I survive off like $900 a month. I don't have a good sense of money. Is that not a lot?

Depends on the situation, but for your average 20-something living independently in the US that's not a lot. Of course it's not impossible or anything.

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

#FreeZara

What did Zara do to get banned anyways? I'm only here sometimes. Kinda. Not really.

He did? How?

Edited by PastryOfApathy

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Depends on the situation, but for your average 20-something living independently in the US that's not a lot.

I'm on my own and I make due with that. I mean I know I'm poor but I thought I was doing okay. Covers rent, food, and phone bill. Oh and cheap vodka. Gotta have my vodka. 

16 minutes ago, Brass said:

No, not really. I mean it's more than I get right now, because I make a "how are you still alive" level of income.

But min wage usually gets you $1200~/mo, depending on hours and all that shit.

And hell, my dad made $2500/2wks, and we weren't exactly well off either, on that income.
Was a lot better than my situation, but it wasn't like upper-middle class or anything.

Just now, Vae said:

No, not really. I mean it's more than I get right now, because I make a "how are you still alive" level of income.

But min wage usually gets you $1200~/mo, depending on hours and all that shit.

And hell, my dad made $2500/2wks, and we weren't exactly well off either, on that income.
Was a lot better than my situation, but it wasn't like upper-middle class or anything.

I pretty much simplified my budget to get me by. I have to work + school so shit does get hard. I usually judge how good I'm doing based on my last meal + if I can actually afford boose. I didn't grew up in a high income or high wealth family so I legit don't know what's supposed to be normal. 

4 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

We can have like, vodka orgies or something.

Pastry you know I'd take you in. But if you drink all my vodka you gonna die. There is no way around it. 

10 minutes ago, Brass said:

Instead of Rassah teaching people how to get bank I should be teaching people how to get by with pennies. 

Do you think you have the skills to do it? Educate us, brah. Fill us with your infinite wisdom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

I pretty much simplified my budget to get me by. I have to work + school so shit does get hard. I usually judge how good I'm doing based on my last meal + if I can actually afford boose. I didn't grew up in a high income or high wealth family so I legit don't know what's supposed to be normal.

Dunno if you're already aware, but you can do programming work from one of those freelancing sites in your spare time to make some extra moolah. I never really had much luck with them though, because I don't have a lot of experience with all of the modern web technologies and there's a shit ton of Indians to compete against in bidding.

11 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Where I used to live in Memphis, TN, rent was ~450/month, utils and phone another $100. That leaves you with food and gas. At $900/mo you'd be okay in Memphis, though you'd be in a half ghetto. Minimum cost to get out of the ghetto is ~$700/mo in Memphis.

I don't live in the slums any more but I used to. I rent out a room in a house for like $450. Utilities included. It's a pretty okay place and a few other people live here too. My phone bills is about $25. I'm not legally allowed to drive so that saves a lot of money and walking around is pretty good for my health. Everything I have left over is usually spent on food or put away for next month's rent.

6 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Step 1:

Replace all liquid intake with Vodka.

Step 2:

Drink Vodka.

8 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It'll be the sexiest drunken deathwatch the world has ever seen.

<3

5 minutes ago, Phausk said:

Dunno if you're already aware, but you can do programming work from one of those freelancing sites in your spare time to make some extra moolah. I never really had much luck with them though, because I don't have a lot of experience with all of the modern web technologies and there's a shit ton of Indians to compete against in bidding.

Yeah I can't really compete with the Indians and hipsters with their mastery over meme frameworks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I however would fscking LOVE to talk about how I am going to get to work on the production of the reboot film of a series that I have adored since I was a child, it was my first fandom, to get my name on this film is to literally mark off the #1 slot on my bucket list... But I contractually can't talk about it till the summer release of the film. :(

So, you're going to have your name quickly flash by in the ending credits of a new straight-to-DVD Rugrats movie? Yay!

Also, http://therideshareguy.com/rideshare-insurance-options-for-drivers/

Edited by Rassah

18 hours ago, Vae said:

Also lol, $900/mo. Career goals or not, that's not even min wage.

More like $900 in two weeks, since I didn't work all days on ANY of those four weeks, but a flight lesson is $160 an hour, with two a week at most, so why the fuck would I waste my time driving like it was my job? As I said, this is just extra cash during my free time to pay for a very expensive hobby.

Also, you can't fucking do social stuff in a Ferrari/Lamborghini. It only fits two people at most. Oh, you mean why I don't spend that money on social stuff instead? Why can't I do both? Which I do :)

BTW, funny you guys wasted all that time with Photoshop drawing my photo with tons of money. Didn't any of you save that pic I posted on FAF of me holding $12k in $100 bills like two fans in my hands?

Edited by Rassah

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

"Won't be around tomorrow. Island tour and reef snorkling starts at 7am and lasts all day. "

And yet, here you are, posting. So much for lasting all day.

It did. I just got back, and out if the shower to wash off the day's dust and salt. Fuckin' exhausted! Rode in the back of a Land Rover all day, over very rocky hills and uneven lava flows, which would have made a Jeep cry. Tired from just fighting to try to sit still, and very thankful for the tight seatbelt. All in all TOTALLY WORTH IT, and the views were spectacular!

Hahahahaha! F'in moron, looks at satellite photos, concludes the whole island is flat xD It's not the inclines that would have killed Jeeps here (and there is another tour group here that uses Jeeps, which couldn't go where we went), it's the rocks and lava flows. Have you ever seen lava flows up close?

29 minutes ago, Rassah said:

More like $900 in two weeks, since I didn't work all days on ANY of those four weeks, but a flight lesson is $160 an hour, with two a week at most, so why the fuck would I waste my time driving like it was my job? As I said, this is just extra cash during my free time to pay for a very expensive hobby.

Also, you can't fucking do social stuff in a Ferrari/Lamborghini. It only fits two people at most. Oh, you mean why I don't spend that money on social stuff instead? Why can't I do both? Which I do :)

BTW, funny you guys wasted all that time with Photoshop drawing my photo with tons of money. Didn't any of you save that pic I posted on FAF of me holding $12k in $100 bills like two fans in my hands?

• I didn't waste any time. Ask anyone-- I ramped up production.
  • It was made in paint you shit.
  • Why would I save, at least for long term storage, anything you post.

• Zeke locked this topic