Sar

• 3 weeks later...

This was the very first fursuit head I made about a year ago.  I actually learned a LOT from making it.  Honestly, it's so heavy its unusable.  I also learned that while they seem like a great idea, using lenses for the eyes really doesn't work.  They fog up.  I've had folks offer to buy it, but I won't sell it untill install a small video screen and camera for it to be usable.  I also need to really lighten up the muzzle weight, too.  Sadly, it's never been used.  Live and learn.  Oh, the "head armor" comes off.  It's held on by magnets.

Here's the head pre-furring and post furring. 

19123758@400-1455699050.jpg

1457837983.vaille_head_6.jpg

1457945749.vaille_horse_armor.jpg

This is the most recent suit I made for myself.  It's actually a halfsuit, with the upper body being a shirt of black, short piled fur under my leather trench coat.  The horns and hooves are from Dream Vision Creations.  The glowing eye is a swim goggle with a red LED glued into it.  No, I can't see out of it.  The red and black post-apocalyptic "plating" on the head is that high-density foam used at gyms.  You know, the stuff you drop the weights onto.  I patterned it, heated it up to a few hundred degrees with a heat gun, then molded it.  Had fun toying with the asymmetry of the piece.  This was the suit I wore at FC 2017.  People loved it but I caught a lot of bad "termina-taur" jokes.  If you haven't guessed, I'm the bull.

I also had a friend who gave me a fursuit head to spruce up from the original derpy look.  Here's the before / after.  It was fun fixing him up.

me2 at FC.jpg

giz orig.jpg

gz2.jpg

gz3 - Copy.jpg

gz1.jpg

• Like 2

On 17-4-2017 at 10:46 AM, Vaille said:

This is the most recent suit I made for myself.  It's actually a halfsuit, with the upper body being a shirt of black, short piled fur under my leather trench coat.  The horns and hooves are from Dream Vision Creations.  The glowing eye is a swim goggle with a red LED glued into it.  No, I can't see out of it.  The red and black post-apocalyptic "plating" on the head is that high-density foam used at gyms.  You know, the stuff you drop the weights onto.  I patterned it, heated it up to a few hundred degrees with a heat gun, then molded it.  Had fun toying with the asymmetry of the piece.  This was the suit I wore at FC 2017.  People loved it but I caught a lot of bad "termina-taur" jokes.  If you haven't guessed, I'm the bull.

I also had a friend who gave me a fursuit head to spruce up from the original derpy look.  Here's the before / after.  It was fun fixing him up.

me2 at FC.jpg

giz orig.jpg

gz2.jpg

gz3 - Copy.jpg

gz1.jpg

Oh MY that's not a bad suit!!! I ADORE that suit!!

Really, vaille, you deserve more credit than posts in a "awful Fursuits" topic

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 7:26 AM, Caledonian said:

Oh MY that's not a bad suit!!! I ADORE that suit!!

Really, vaille, you deserve more credit than posts in a "awful Fursuits" topic

Thanks!  I will be wearing my bull at BLFC.  Gizmo, the steampunk badger, will be there too with his owner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2017 at 4:46 AM, Vaille said:

me2 at FC.jpg

giz orig.jpg

gz2.jpg

gz3 - Copy.jpg

gz1.jpg

I can honestly appreciate the attempt here. I don't pay much mind to the fursuiting side of the fandom and infact flat out avoid it, but this is pretty different from the generic fat nose cartoon dog thing almost every other fur suit goes for.

I don't know how many times I've fucking seen this shit in a different color(s). :l

3100828dc482498e7b27c6ddeec7aa8f.jpg

On 6/2/2017 at 11:29 AM, Tsuujou said:

I can honestly appreciate the attempt here. I don't pay much mind to the fursuiting side of the fandom and infact flat out avoid it, but this is pretty different from the generic fat nose cartoon dog thing almost every other fur suit goes for.

I don't know how many times I've fucking seen this shit in a different color(s). :l

3100828dc482498e7b27c6ddeec7aa8f.jpg

Big name suitmakers often reuse head patterns for their costumes. So it all looks boring and generic.

It also doesn't help that furries as a whole are dreadfully uncreative for fandom geeks, so the design doesn't lift the suit up either.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 1:01 PM, Calemeyr said:

Big name suitmakers often reuse head patterns for their costumes. So it all looks boring and generic.

You wouldn't believe how many times I see a suit and know the maker just because they use the same eyes and basic look for half of them. Like "there's a don't hug cacti or made fur you suit"

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 1:37 PM, wufflit said:

I found these copied fursuits on DHgate, I include the good fursuit pictures to show the expectation VS reality. The good quality pictures are also on the DHgate website because they are using those images to sell the lower quality fursuits.

oisk-custom-pink-fursuit-husky-wolf-fox-mascot.jpg

ohlees-actual-picture-photo-pink-fursuit.jpg

oisk-custom-green-husky-fursuit-dog-fox-mascot.jpg

oisk-customized-fast-green-husky-fursuit.jpg

green-husky-fursuit-mascot-costume-fancy.jpg

Tfw the paw on the last suit looks like a dick.

I found these copied fursuits on DHgate, I include the good fursuit pictures to show the expectation VS reality. The good quality pictures are also on the DHgate website because they are using those images to sell the lower quality fursuits.

Oh the Chinese and their bootlegs... Can't they copy anything right? I mean come on, it's not like you're doing something completely from scratch.

I love how the second design got downgraded twice.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, MythicalMorty said:

what's weird is that I was listening to Mom's Spaghetti while I saw this post 

looking for super glue so his jaw wont fall off his head...

On 3/9/2017 at 1:35 PM, Alice said:

IMG_0404.JPG

I've seen this one before because everyone was really confused how the fursuit is on the bed but there's still somehow a decapitated head in it....

On 3/23/2017 at 6:28 PM, Crazy Lee said:

A work in progress.

It looks like the underlying foam for a fursuit head. The fur hasn't been put on yet. It may very well look fine when it's finished.

Also, it lacks a muzzle so I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

gluing fur to that won't make the ears any smaller

On 6/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, wufflit said:

Okay, i claim responsibility for that red fox... Sorry about that. But that was my first suit ever. It was made a long long time ago (~2001-ish). Thankfully i have improved a bit since then. But i know i'm still not a great fursuit builder.

I think some of fursuits on this thread are actually quite nice.

finally a name to that thing. I've seen it around for years lol

On 6/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, Crazy Lee said:

You wouldn't believe how many times I see a suit and know the maker just because they use the same eyes and basic look for half of them. Like "there's a don't hug cacti or made fur you suit"

oh yeah. i dont think thats a bad thing though. there is one popular fursuit maker that i hate because the eyes are creepy. the same maker who made the new Odin Wolf suit but idk the name.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:01 AM, Octopus said:

agumon_by_eframtrabbit-d31b9br.thumb.jpg.9a8c5211f99da398fc280d0a9bb63d7b.jpg

alakazam_and_gligar_by_eframtrabbit-d3jkrqw.thumb.jpg.befddc6c39a7b8df369c2a181def07c8.jpganimenext_pic_27_by_eframtrabbit-d3j2jfs.thumb.jpg.53490ab7e9d15dacbf6a582802da77cd.jpg

Oh no.

image.thumb.png.cd6e51101860dce47f48f717d0bd4849.pngimage.png.990b0d7d7b391155740a367d59a57264.png

while im here I might as well post my first fursuit....

image.thumb.png.e4e0a24f50aeb751f9337f3b43a5f708.pngimage.thumb.png.739da41c00d0a5cd2e83bf1a8437f99d.png

its um Not Good. its all hot glued and none of it is shaved. the ear is falling off. theres foam kinda poking out in random places and i didnt line the inside of the mouth. could be worse... could be better.

image.thumb.png.7254be71e3b1ca9e00965f89d700faf2.pngimage.thumb.png.2748e97e647d829a8b4628c986a8f18a.pngimage.thumb.png.03fb56c87c33c81b969a229f836a6f56.png

working on my second suit and its already 1000x better than the first even though its not perfect. im trying to hand sew as much as possible instead of hot glue, and i have a magnet for the hair instead of hot gluing it on. (the head hasnt been shaved yet but it will)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...