Do you dislike your voice?

Azu

Do you dislike your voice?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike your voice?

• Yup
    • Nop

If so, why? - This topic has popped up a few times in the Discord chat, and the general consensus is that people seem to really dislike their voices.

That said, I hate my voice, because it's a bit too high pitched. Doesn't quite suit me all that well. I cringe anytime I hear it. :v

Also, feel free to provide Vocaroo recordings so we can judge your horrible voice tell you how nice your voice actually is

Edited by Azurex

Well I was that dorky kid who spent hours recording fake radio shows on a tape recorder since I'm 6. I still has most of my later stuff which hasn't been taped over. It lasted until YouTube started to catch up in popularity in late 2006-early 2007. Then I started making YouTube videos which probably was the natural evolution LOL.

I wouldn't say I'm an absolute fan of my voice either, but I certainly don't mind hearing it on recorded media in the slightest. More a no than a yes as for the question.

Edited by Jerry

I've gotten used to it, actually.

I've had the chance to hear my voice twice this month: once, in a friend's parenting podcast, and then, in a few soundbites in a furry documentary by Elbi Ortiz. My only complaint was that I stuttered a bit in the former, and was kind of dry and mildly spergy in the latter.

im surprised so many hate their voice.

I dont like mine, Im trying to train mysepf to get it deeper, maybe if I get on T that'll help, or placebo or something.

Having to hear your voice reflect back to you on a recording is even worse.

...and heh, if you think thats bad, they say your voice sounds deeper to you and higher pitched to everyone Has to do something with resonance in the vocal cords. Good luck to those wjo already thought they were too high pitched, think about that.

...and heh, if you think thats bad, they say your voice sounds deeper to you and higher pitched to everyone Has to do something with resonance in the vocal cords. Good luck to those wjo already thought they were too high pitched, think about that.

If I remember correctly it was that the bass frequencies travel through your skull and to your ears much better than they travel through the air, so you think your own voice is deeper than it is.

• Like 1

I sound like a stoner like 98% of the time,
unless I force myself not to.

I really to work on enunciation more than anything else, but I'm also afraid of putting people off by being "too formal," since that's also been a thing with a lot of people I talk to.

Edited by Vae

there's no sense in caring or getting worked up about things that you can't change

why make yourself miserable?

You can change your voice through lots of effort. Maybe not to the extreme some people would like, though. (I'd kill for the ability to acquire a bamfy dude voice, but dreams are dreams.)

But it's definitely still something you can retrain yourself for.

Edited by Vae

I've been told my voice is firm, determined and deep and that I should be a dubber even. That's when I speak italian. My voice sounds somewhat different when speaking english instead. More average

There's an interesting documentary on Netflix right now called Do I Sound Gay? It's about a gay guy who decides his voice sounds "too gay," and sets out to a) figure out what the hell that means, exactly, and b) get the vocal training to change it.

You can change your voice through lots of effort. Maybe not to the extreme some people would like, though. (I'd kill for the ability to acquire a bamfy dude voice, but dreams are dreams.)

But it's definitely still something you can retrain yourself for.

I know you CAN go through voice-training, but who is really gonna do that?