Can somebody give a beginner some amateur racing tips?

Eggdodger

So, for somebody that just got noticed by the local, er, racing circuit and could be competing in their next friendly bout, does anyone with experience care to answer some questions?

-What is some good lingo to show the racing crowd you are cool? Is a "busta" good? It brings to mind busting down walls like the Hulk. That sounds good.

-Is it considered poor sportsmanship to throw on your brights when you're behind somebody during the race?

-When somebody says they are "racing for pink slips", are they saying they got fired and really need the jackpot? Maybe in that case, why not let them win to be nice?

-When drifting, do you turn to the inside or outside of the track? I told them for now to stay in the middle to be safe.

-Suppose some cars are driving on the side of the track opposite the direction you are going. How does one coerce them to move off the track when you wish to pass a competitor? 

-In the hypothetical event that handheld projectile launchers are a factor in this event, is it more effective to mount the projectile launcher to the top of your car, or hold it in one's hand while driving?

-Is it poor sportsmanship to use these launchers on the drivers? It hasn't been explained whether they are meant for popping tires or heads.

Thank you. My friend will appreciate this information very much :D:D:D:D:D

• Like 1

Stickers are free horsepower. Cover your car in all the stickers you can find, this is equivalent to performing an LS swap.

And replace your motor oil with coolant to keep your engine from overheating.

Remove your air filter to increase air intake.

The amber engine light on your dashboard means the engine is in race mode and will go faster.

Diesel is perfect fuel for power and performance. Be sure to fill up on the stuff.

• Like 3

Just put the hammer down and don't bother steering, the car does all the work. It's really all about being some prick with an LS swap. Don't forget to run your mouth about how awesome chevy's are.

On 12/3/2015 at 5:59 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

Stickers are free horsepower. Cover your car in all the stickers you can find, this is equivalent to performing an LS swap.

And replace your motor oil with coolant to keep your engine from overheating.

Remove your air filter to increase air intake.

The amber engine light on your dashboard means the engine is in race mode and will go faster.

Diesel is perfect fuel for power and performance. Be sure to fill up on the stuff.

Fuck, I missed that.

Aww, of course that shit would have found it's way into the thread...

Remind me again, what exactly is so beautiful about them LS blocks bricks?

(work with me :P)

Edited by Wrecker
missing context

I've onl ever done drag racing.... at driving school, a form of time attack between me and my instructor as he was teaching me emergency stops. I guess that would be my advice, learn how to stop, to feel more comfortable with driving fast?

• 4 months later...