Aggressive dogs

MissFleece

Well I just had to do something really hard... Two dogs just attacked some nearby sheep, out of a herd of eight only two are alive. We shot the dogs...the owners are in denial that their dogs did this, and the farmer (whom we're friends with) was grateful we got there in time to save a few of his herd.

This isn't the first time their dogs attacked other animals. They were everything but people aggressive. I know Hank (my dog) is dog aggressive but how do you let your dogs go this unchecked? It was upsetting to have to do this, and emotionally taxing for everyone...

People fucking suck sometimes. The owner tried to guilt trip us by saying the dog was her son's, who is autistic. But that doesn't excuse the fact that their dog killed, killed before this, and was aggressive towards my mother's dogs (a chihuahua and a pug who don't have an aggressive bone in their body).  

This situation fucking sucks, and now I get another bad deed that will haunt me at night.

Dude, thats freaking awful, it is their own damn fault for not taking care of their dogs. Do they really think the farmer was any more happy about all those sheep that died?

im sorry for the son that the caretakers couldnt handle the dogs at all...

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 5

Dude, thats freaking awful, it is their own damn fault for not taking care of their dogs. Do they really think the farmer was any more happy about all those sheep that died?

im sorry for the son that the caretakers couldnt handle the dogs at all...

The owners wouldnt even take care of the bodies, so we are going to bury them after dusk. 

I'm concerned because we had a daycare next door. What if they hadn't gone after sheep, and instead went after the kids? Just irresponsibility all around.

• Like 1

And this is why some people in life don't deserve the privilege of owning a dog or any animal companion for that matter.

Its like as much as people call for stricter screenings when people get pets, its implying those type of people go through official channels to get a Dog in the first place :/

Also Fleece as sad as it was to put those dogs down they were a danger to those around them, sadly its not their fault they turned out that way but the fault of the owners and they should be punished accordingly. As you said what if they had gone after those kids in the daycare?

Edited by Naesaki
  • Like 2

My mom got attacked by a dog not too long ago, I was a witness and had to give a statement and all that. Turns out the dog might have been an illegal breed in the UK (for aggression reasons).

Irresponsible owners almost always results in aggressive dogs. It's sad, to the point where I'd even suggest a compulsory responsible ownership test before someone is allowed to get one.

You did nothing wrong in putting those dogs down.

The farmer needs to not bury those corpses. They need to be kept as evidence to use against the owners of the dogs.

And charges should be pressed if applicable.

Plus damages need to be paid for the lost sheep.

we live in a tight knit community, another farmer has already donated two sheep, and the farmer whose sheep were killed doesn't want to press charges. It's almost Christmas, man. We'll remember those neighbors that cause trouble and be slightly less inclined to help them if they need it, but other than that people make mistakes. Shit happens. It's best to pick up and carry on. Lady gave the farmer a bit of cash as far as I know though, so I think that helped sweep things under the rug.

• Like 1

You did nothing wrong in putting those dogs down.

The farmer needs to not bury those corpses. They need to be kept as evidence to use against the owners of the dogs.

And charges should be pressed if applicable.

Plus damages need to be paid for the lost sheep.

Darn americans, so eager to sue someone. All we want is easy money at any cost. Sue for "Pain and suffering" hogwash! You experienced more pain and suffering when you shoved that thick, barbed stick up your ass this morning.