Eating in Class

DevilishlyHandsome49

Hearing someone eat loudly today in my class reminded me of how much this happened during high school and middle school.

Its always that one person who sits there and instead of having a notebook or a piece of paper on the desk, they have a wrapper with a sandwich on it and a big bottle of whatever and just have a lunch break right during class. Then when they're confronted by it, they say "But I'm hungry"

Bitch, we're all hungry! The difference between us and you is that we have enough respect to not eat during class and distract us by how loud the food is and by reminding us how hungry we are. Wait until after class like the rest of us.

And really, could they not have eaten something before class? How late are you that you can't even eat a fruit snack or a granola bar?

The only time I'd excuse eating in class is if you're keeling over from hunger or you have a medical condition that requires you have some sugar intake. Even then, those people use quieter foods and remain considerate of others

But no, the others got potato chips in a crinkly bag or candy. Things of iced tea that they gulp down loudly. Some peanut candy that fills the whole room with the scent of peanuts (and I'm pretty sure that could be a problem for someone who has an allergy)

And finally...why eat in a classroom? I never see any of these people wash their hands or use a bottle of hand sanitizer before they start eating. Nope, just eat off of a nasty ass school desk. Sitting around people sneezing and the teacher probably spitting while they're talking. Damn -_-

Is this more or less annoying than people on laptops who don't know how to type properly?

I haven't ran into those people yet so I can't say. I know people who bring their laptops to class when there's really no need to use them. Its like...two sentences worth of notes on the board. They can't write that down in a notebook or something?

People who eat during conference calls are the worst. Speakerphones pick up every single crinkle of a potato chip bag and every disgusting slurp of soup.

He would just eat the whole thing including the peel. 

I'm sure he was very .... regular .... in the bathroom. And probably very citrus-y.

People who eat during conference calls are the worst. Speakerphones pick up every single crinkle of a potato chip bag and every disgusting slurp of soup.

I'm sure he was very .... regular .... in the bathroom. And probably very citrus-y.

He would bite into it like it was an apple. 

• Like 1

Eating in class never really bothered me in general, it's more so constant rustling of chip bags and chewing with your mouth open that would drive me nuts.

I bring chicken wings in a foil pouch. 

I lick my fingers and smack my lips. 

Then I wipe my hands on people's coats.

• Like 2

This is the sort of maladjusted individual who will also eat unshelled peanuts whole, I think.

Oyi! I do that! Not in class, tho. (Given I haven't been in a class for a long time.)

As for the way the orange is eaten; the peel of an orange is actually very interesting. When you chew on the raw peels enough, it changes the way your tongue senses things. It makes sweet things very salty and bitter, but salty things (like salted popcorn) gain a strange quasi-sweet taste.EDIT: I've only tried this with mandarin/clementine oranges. The little ones. 

I know orange peels are also used in cooking, but I don't know if the effect is removed or lessened when it is prepared. I have chewed on orange peels (only after eating the orange the regular way) on occasion.

Exactly. 

Must be like shitting broken glass. 

Nah, not really. I never noticed a difference.

Edited by DrGravitas

Okay, so now that I have one of you captured and available for study, the scientific community at large must know: why? Dear god, why?

Speed and efficiency. I'm consuming it largely for the taste of salt anyways. Plus, less clean up!

Edited by DrGravitas
Spelling

There used to be this kid I sat next to in math c and he'd eat biscuits and get the crumbs everywhere. Like dude, I don't want your damn crumbs all through my book.

I know your pain. It annoys me as well.

• Like 1

Who cares, there was a guy that would get the whole breakfast deal... Bacon, eggs, hash-browns and the like every day.

You should have seen that guy's books by the end of it, there's only so much wiping a paper towel is going to take care of, it was fucking grease central station...

I love the smell of bacon, but every day right in the AM, it got a bit overboard...

Couldn't blame him, though, he woke up every day early as fuck and drove 2 hours to make it to school. He finally had an opportunity to spend every day with his kids instead of working weeks on end up north, and he took it.

Who gives a fuck if somebody eats in class, though? It's really not a big deal.

Who cares, there was a guy that would get the whole breakfast deal... Bacon, eggs, hash-browns and the like every day.

You should have seen that guy's books by the end of it, there's only so much wiping a paper towel is going to take care of, it was fucking grease central station...

I love the smell of bacon, but every day right in the AM, it got a bit overboard...

Couldn't blame him, though, he woke up every day early as fuck and drove 2 hours to make it to school. He finally had an opportunity to spend every day with his kids instead of working weeks on end up north, and he took it.

Who gives a fuck if somebody eats in class, though? It's really not a big deal.

It can be a big deal if it proves too big a distraction. People with food allergies, loudness of food, people chewing and drinking loudly...

i used to never eat in class except recently in college Ive caved to eating a bag of chips in class but as quietly as possible, Im typically starving and eat likeone full meal a day so...

Oyi! I do that! Not in class, tho. (Given I haven't been in a class for a long time.)

As for the way the orange is eaten; the peel of an orange is actually very interesting. When you chew on the raw peels enough, it changes the way your tongue senses things. It makes sweet things very salty and bitter, but salty things (like salted popcorn) gain a strange quasi-sweet taste.EDIT: I've only tried this with mandarin/clementine oranges. The little ones. 

I know orange peels are also used in cooking, but I don't know if the effect is removed or lessened when it is prepared. I have chewed on orange peels (only after eating the orange the regular way) on occasion.

Nah, not really. I never noticed a difference.

This guy doesnt pee in the shower and he eats shelled peanuts and orange peels, lets all point and sneer at him

• Like 1

Here it's only tolerated during long session exams. Do it in class and the teacher or the students will throw you out, only exception now that I'm at the University is for beverages, and at the mid class break in the morning (granted it's a 3hrs+ long class [rather standard]) where people won't mind (since it's during the break), even though it's strictly forbidden to eat or drink in class or lecture halls.

It can be a big deal if it proves too big a distraction. People with food allergies, loudness of food, people chewing and drinking loudly...

Tune it out.

I've spent the last 5 years listening to a bunch of fucking assholes fall asleep with their TV right up in volume; slamming every fucking drawer in their room for hours on end; having a huge god-damn party cracking beers and snorting rails, yelling and screaming over stupid fucking bullshit; running a shop-vac outside my room for an hour and a half because the washing machine figured it was going to dump all its water on the floor at 3am; and people literally coming through the wall over some bullshit fight they got into. Seriously, try having some fucking asshole get pushed right through the wall and practically into your lap 3 hours before you're supposed to wake up to go to work and with the other douchebag still trying to throw down. The walls in the camps up north are about 1-1/2" thick graciously.

I still had to piss in a cup over that pile of bullshit, and all I was doing was fucking sleeping.

It doesn't happen all the time, neither does some person that figures they're fucking hungry. Put up and shut up.

Tune it out.

I've spent the last 5 years listening to a bunch of fucking assholes fall asleep with their TV right up in volume; slamming every fucking drawer in their room for hours on end; having a huge god-damn party cracking beers and snorting rails, yelling and screaming over stupid fucking bullshit; running a shop-vac outside my room for an hour and a half because the washing machine figured it was going to dump all its water on the floor at 3am; and people literally coming through the wall over some bullshit fight they got into. Seriously, try having some fucking asshole get pushed right through the wall and practically into your lap 3 hours before you're supposed to wake up to go to work and with the other douchebag still trying to throw down. The walls in the camps up north are about 1-1/2" thick graciously.

I still had to piss in a cup over that pile of bullshit, and all I was doing was fucking sleeping.

It doesn't happen all the time, neither does some person that figures they're fucking hungry. Put up and shut up.

snickers.jpg

• Like 1

I understand if you have back to back classes and only have time to run and get lunch but not eat it before class. However, when you buy the smelliest, grossest, sloppiest thing to eat, fuck you. 

I honestly don't see eating during class to be a huge issue, especially if it's just a banana or something. We're all adults... If you can't handle some minor inconveniences without raging perhaps you need to grow up a little.