Confessions Thread 2: The Revengening

Astrium

I really like Marilyn Manson, I mean like I'm attracted to him and his music really gets me going. Just hell yes!

@Hux

Hey, there is always time for recovery but you have to not hate yourself. The past is the past, I've done some terrible things I'm not proud of but I've learned to stop hating myself over them.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2017 at 3:56 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I've always wanted to write a webcomic, or a novel or something

But I can't write a coherent plot

Start small and work your way up. Do a piece of flash fiction or a short story. Get in the groove.

I generally don't have much in the ways of plot down when I start a book, usually just something like, "Character needs to travel south" and then I go from there. "Character's nightmares are real."

It can be simple and then grow as you write.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conker said:

Start small and work your way up. Do a piece of flash fiction or a short story. Get in the groove.

I generally don't have much in the ways of plot down when I start a book, usually just something like, "Character needs to travel south" and then I go from there. "Character's nightmares are real."

I had a very good idea eventually. But then I don't know if I have the artistic skills to make a webcomic from it.

Maybe start as a story instead. I wanted to do webcomic because dialogue is what I write best.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:29 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I had a very good idea eventually. But then I don't know if I have the artistic skills to make a webcomic from it.

Maybe start as a story instead. I wanted to do webcomic because dialogue is what I write best.

Maybe you could make mini comics to start building the characters and world and practice the phsyical creation, once you get comfortable with those you can start to create longer and longer stories by weaving together the fragments you have made.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2017 at 1:15 AM, Conker said:

That sounds like a good idea. This could be helpful to me in the future, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Sometimes I get on a kick of reading about accidents at theme parks and I don't know why. It's super interesting to me and I don't know why. It's just morbid curiosity, I suppose. Especially when those accidents happened in the 70s or 80s. Y'know, when safety regulations weren't as strict.

i'm always tempted, but then i don't wanna because i love theme parks and thrill rides and i want to maintain the illusion of trust so i can continue enjoying them ;v;

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Sometimes I get on a kick of reading about accidents at theme parks and I don't know why. It's super interesting to me and I don't know why. It's just morbid curiosity, I suppose. Especially when those accidents happened in the 70s or 80s. Y'know, when safety regulations weren't as strict.

I like reading about horrible, horrible things like having your body heal damaged muscle with bone and it doesn't affect my sleep at all.

14 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I don't know if I get a kick on it but...

I love reading about unsolved murders and mysteries, like missing people.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I've never owned a microwave.

6 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

I've been without a microwave for a few months and I don't miss it at all.

How do you people eat?! D:

Ok, I'd actually probably be fine but leftovers would be a pain and I probably wouldn't be able to prep stuff very far ahead to save time. Losing my grill/oven, though...

• Like 2

Yesterday, today and tomorrow the foreman of our factory is interstate with one other guy doing site work.

Today, the boss confided in the remaining two of us that he has been contemplating firing the guy. Honestly? I want this to happen. I do not like the guy in the slightest. I've had to work with him for about eight years now all up, three near the beginning of my apprenticeship and about five just now with a year and a half hiatus in between. That hiatus was me taking a job elsewhere because working with him became intolerable, but when it turned out that the new job wasn't panning out, I had to come back here.

He doesn't know that he's the reason I quit. He doesn't know how much I hate him. His ego is massive, he's convinced that he never makes mistakes while I end up correcting half his shit down the line. The one time I tried to point out he'd done something wrong he lost his head and flipped out at me, insisting that the parts he'd cut were right. So I assembled the thing with his cutting, naturally it was wrong and guess who got the shit for it?

Not him. Ever since, I just keep quiet and do what I have to do to keep the place afloat.

Now, this whole time he's had the impression that he's irreplaceable to this company. We're a small business, a cabinetmaking and shopfitting factory. We rely on having a close and efficient team that knows what they're doing. He has the impression that he's running the show. Granted, he does come up with a lot of designs for our projects, but that is only because he has the position of foreman, not because the rest of us are incapable of doing it. He'll be back on Friday. He and the boss have been feuding since last week, but I never realized that the boss would actually consider this decision, considering how much he's tolerated all these years. The other employee that I've been working in the factory with this week feels the same way I do, but neither of us ever hoped that the boss would actually make a call like this.

I am so hopeful that this will come to pass. I'm not one to take pleasure in others' misfortunes (yea sorry, that's a fucking lie) but this guy does deserve this beyond any semblance of doubt. This is the crushing blow to his ego and the utter humiliation that he has deserved for well in excess of ten years now. For my predecessor, for me, and the two who started after I did.

For the first time since I was sixteen, I am feeling a genuine desire to pray. xD

On 2/28/2017 at 6:57 PM, DrGravitas said:

Ok, I'd actually probably be fine but leftovers would be a pain and I probably wouldn't be able to prep stuff very far ahead to save time. Losing my grill/oven, though...

i used to not use microwaves; i just reheated things on the stove or in the oven and it was no problemo.  until i had to start making lunch to bring to work, which meant back to microwave because it's not like they have a stove in the breakroom.  i also just don't have any time or patience ever since i got my job, so now i microwave indiscriminately again like the savage i am.  :(  that is my very sad confession.

i also confess that i bought "shiny" from the moana soundtrack to put on my ipod.  not the whole soundtrack, just that one song.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gator said:

used to not use microwaves; i just reheated things on the stove or in the oven and it was no problemo.  until i had to start making lunch to bring to work, which meant back to microwave because it's not like they have a stove in the breakroom.  i also just don't have any time or patience ever since i got my job, so now i microwave indiscriminately again like the savage i am.  :(  that is my very sad confession.

I've always preferred reheating things either on the stove or in the oven, I'm not sure but to me things reheated in the microwave taste worse??? Although if I wanna save time I wont hesitate to just zap it.

Confession? I didn't know how to read analog time up until secondary school... :c

On the topic of morbid curiosity, I like looking up facial reconstruction surgery before and afters because Im impressed with how much better it looks afterwards considering the damage. Medical advances sure are a marvel.

I also have spent time looking at genetic mutations or anomalies because it seems interesting to me.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:57 PM, Aeon said:

i actually drank what was inside of a glowstick once.

Did you even get sick? How did you not die?

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 1:57 AM, DrGravitas said:

I dont have microwawe and Im not vegan :) fuck vegans I eat meat delicious meat. I have oven.

41 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Also, what happened later, when you went to the bathroom?

the normal, but things really burnt a little bit for about two days

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Did you even get sick? How did you not die?

Actually i did get sick. my mom rushed me out to the hospital and got my stomach pumped. not the best experience.

moral of the story, if it looks cool, but sounds dumb, it's probably dumb.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, vexi fox said:

i killed some chickens.... but then a angry human tried shooting me. idk why

Well because you failed at morality. So he saw you and became outraged that you failed so hard at life. You know he envy you because he failed even harder.

• Like 1

@Aeon You know men you can have medal for braveness you earned it by eating that glowstick. Even I ate some shit in my life shampoo, washing gel, washing powder, toiled paper, wood. But these things are nothing compared to glowstick. Btw did it taste good?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sergalus said:

@Aeon You know men you can have medal for braveness you earned it by eating that glowstick. Even I ate some shit in my life shampoo, washing gel, washing powder, toiled paper, wood. But these things are nothing comp ared to glowstick. Btw did it taste good?

no medal required lol, and it really just tasted like the smell to a hospital to be quite honest. it tingled though and was kind of a creamy texture, not anything like it looked. 

12 hours ago, Chaosmasterdelta said:

I rarely like any posts because I have high standards. Maybe I should try to change that.

you can practice on me

i confess i have been demolishing a bag of gummy worms and it'll be gone by tomorrow for sure.  i'm not supposed to eat those; they're full of sugar and artificial stuff.  :(but i love them

I pop all the joints in my body. Neck, back, wrist, knuckles, fingers, sometimes elbows, knees, ankles, toes

If arthritis was a thing from that I would be fucked up (apparently its only grip strength but I havent seen any significant loss from that)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

Im a sergal. Hehe pavydekit man tokio dalyko jus su savo supistom lapem ir vilkais kurie jau visus seniai uzpiso. Jeigu supratai viska ka parasiau esi idiotas. Butinai atsakyk jeigu supratai viska, pasveikinsiu su tuo.

Aš esu idiotas. Aš negaliu skaityti, bet aš esu lapė su labai ilgą uzpiso :V