Vaporwave Thread

Sar

Are you guys into listening to music that reminds you of an abandoned japanese shopping mall in the 80s?
Elevator music your jam?
How about capitalist aesthetics? Then this is a thread for you!

Pretty much just post Vaporwave music you like or artwork of an aesthetic nature.
Not sure what Vaporwave is? Look here!

Radio Stations:

Here are some favourites from all sorts:

Edited by Sar
added vaporwave radio stations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hnng. I'm currently holding off spamming links in this thread. I'll keep things compact for now. I'm a huge fan of Vaporwave, so expect to see me as a regular poster in here

Right about now, I'm really into this sample-free album titled 'EMBRACE' released by a relatively unknown and upcoming artists called Paulene Hamasaki. I very highly recommend it. Link here

Also, earlier this month I put in an order for a cassette of Haircuts for Men

0005979303_10.jpg

Super excited, as it's one of my favorite Vaporwave releases this year, and it will also be my first cassette purchase

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also, earlier this month I put in an order for a cassette of

Haircuts for Men

Aha! I'm glad you like it too! I remember the rhythm to it being pretty buttery, that's what brought my appeal to it. I've actually been thinking of purchasing a few cassete tapes for the novelty. Truthfully, I was surprised when Dream Catalouge was selling them for quite a few of their records. Missed the change to snag the 2814 CD.

Anyways, more jams!

Whilst this is a pretty basic loop to hear, I really like the dreamy effects used within it. I could easily listen to an extended version of it. It's like something you would hear in your head when you wake up from a long sleep. I'm not really a big fan of Internet Club's whole style, but this is one of the least boring.

This is an album I've been waiting on a download for currently whilst listening to it on youtube. The albums imagery gives you pretty much what you expect to listen to. 80/90s cheap and cheerful elevator music. It's got a nice Jazz assembly at the start however, the tone of the album drifts in to slow funk pretty smoothly.

On the same note, I realised 식료품groceries had this and looked past it again. I guess it's the supermarket mindset.

Edited by Sar
  • Like 1

New World is a fantastic album. Exactly the kind of Vaporwave I tend to lean towards nowadays. Thank you for sharing!

It bums me out that I've missed out on so many iconic cassette releases. I really need to stay on top of these things.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's kind of odd to say, but vaporwave and the whole hauntology thing is one of those families of music genres which I find really interesting and cool and yet rarely listen to. It's a bit like free jazz or full-on harsh noise in that way, which is maybe surprising given the different levels of abrasiveness, but there's an emotional logic to it, I think.