Post your dream vehicle/s!

Azu

10 hours ago, Mr.Kumquat said:

In fact you can import a Skyline now. Provided its 25 years old. But that gives you many options! http://www.japan-partner.com/auction/Nissan/SKYLINE/cars-for-sale.html

But what if I only like the styling of the 1999 and newer ones, like what Paul Walker had in 2 Fast 2 Furious?

4 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

But what if I only like the styling of the 1999 and newer ones, like what Paul Walker had in 2 Fast 2 Furious?

Fair enough. I always liked the late '80s body style and rear wheel drive. And with the massive aftermarket for these cars, you could make a pretty damn fast car.Not to mention the factory advertised HP figures are famously...lets say "modest"  

Edited by Mr.Kumquat

5 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Seems like everyone's go to is a classic Challenger, yet I would like something with better handling, like a late 60s Mustang or Camaro.

Saying those are better handling is like saying an Alpha Romeo is more reliable than a Lancia. It pains me to admit this, but american cars were garbage in the handling department up til the last decade or so.

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

You know what, I am gonna go out and say the Dodge Challenger is overrated. I bet the only reason why so many people like them is because Vin Diesel drove one in the Fast and Furious movies.

i didn't even watch'd that crap. i just drove it to much in one of my favorite games and got some sort of connection to it since then. that's bout it.

Edited by shiy0

Pantera is somewhat known for transmission issues, due to the steep gears most of them ended up with, it was a top speed car not a drag car.

The new Challenger and Chargers with that new 8 speed transmission are super overrated, ive beaten both of them in my GT, that glorious new 8 speed transmission has serious efficience issues in its design, they were so hell bent on getting it into production they never fixed the problem of, it costs ~75 hp to run this transmission due to the torque converter, internal friction, and the gearing.

So a 300 HP dodge Charger/Challenger gets ~225 hp to the wheels.....  They need to fix that if they ever hope to be relevant with those 2 models.

I already have my dream car: 2007 Mustang GT Deluxe - would have prefered the 5.4L V8 option, but the 4.6L i have still gets ~300hp to the wheels thanks to mods, 3.55 gears, and a really efficient and solid manual transmission.

20151001_080106.thumb.png.c0a0885791e744

Too many awesome cars to list them all, but I'd love to inherit my father's 1959 MGA, Nessie!IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.44e1c425978361d29c8f5

My dream car though is a fully restored, shiny 1967 GTO convertible in dark blue. I had a non-convertible one in my clutches once, but she was stolen...not that she was in the best condition, being primer grey and rusted through with a broken steering column, but STILL! It was mine!56af775305bfc_GTO0091.thumb.JPG.2416f58d

If I won the lottery, I would have a dream garage including late 60s versions of the Mustang Mach I, Dodge Charger, and Chevrolet Camaro SS. I would also have the holy trinity of JDM, the RX7, Supra, and Skyline GTR R34. The best of both worlds.

Oh, and a Land Rover Defender for daily driving.

That would mean moving to Canada for their less strict import laws, though. I would rather not risk having my beauties being siezed and crushed.

10 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

If I won the lottery, I would have a dream garage including late 60s versions of the Mustang Mach I, Dodge Charger, and Chevrolet Camaro SS. I would also have the holy trinity of JDM, the RX7, Supra, and Skyline GTR R34. The best of both worlds.

Oh, and a Land Rover Defender for daily driving.

That would mean moving to Canada for their less strict import laws, though. I would rather not risk having my beauties being siezed and crushed.

Why does your country have restrictions on what cars can be imported?

I thought it was supposed to be the land of the free.

55 minutes ago, Khaki said:

Why does your country have restrictions on what cars can be imported?

I thought it was supposed to be the land of the free.

Yep, since the 1980s. Turns out Mercedes Benz complained to their friends in Washington that imports from Japan were eating away at their sales. As a result, importing cars is a difficult affair. http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-to-win-the-car-importing-game/

21 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Yep, since the 1980s. Turns out Mercedes Benz complained to their friends in Washington that imports from Japan were eating away at their sales. As a result, importing cars is a difficult affair. http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-to-win-the-car-importing-game/

Why must your government continue to whore it's self out to corporate businesses, damn.

On the plus side, having the read that article, I can import my car to the US should I ever want to go cross country in it, sweet!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Again, throwing practicality out the window (because I don't do any offroading or heavy-duty work)... an M923A1 Cargo Truck. Just because I think it'd be funny to roll up to Wal-Mart in one, hop out, and go do some suburbanite grocery shopping like it's the most normal thing in the world. Although the multi-fuel turbo diesel does sound rather attractive...

87ffb6_7fdb856ba9d641d4bb21cd5b34d09fac.gif