Hey gaiz! New furry game green-lit on steam!

Zeke

7 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

Haven't seen the article, but yeah. The General Discussion board was locked to game owners very early in order to block a lot of discussion. Apparently if you don't own it, you don't have a right to talk about it :V

One problem with that mindset since he thinks he can block criticism about his game. He does'nt realize that he's only harming his own reputation as a game developer.

The siliconera article with the comments sums this up. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/11/anthropomorphic-characters-star-in-new-visual-novel-majorminor/

Also wrote a review on the demo of the game noticing some of the exact signs i've seen in rpg maker games in greenlight.

Edited by RTDragon

2 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

iDVPnBz.jpg

Haha. HAHAHAHA.
Right. Greedy.

Also, -reads article-

Oh wow i think that should be posted on steam reviews. Cause now i do wonder if the artist who drew these characters actually got paid royalties for this? Cause talk about entitlement. First you use a program you have no experience with, on top of encrypted assets to boot. and now this.

Edited by RTDragon

9 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Oh wow i think that should be posted on steam reviews. Cause now i do wonder if the artist who drew these characters actually got paid royalties for this? Cause talk about entitlement. First you use a program you have no experience with, on top of encrypted assets to boot. and now this.

They likely did not. EDIT: Whoops, you meant the actual artist. Uh. I'm  not sure if they have an agreement to just pay a lot up front, or pay a cut from sales and what not. It hasn't been mentioned anywhere (unsurprisingly, and that's fair)

Also, we're hoarding evidence at the moment. I won't be posting that on Steam myself - yet - but I can't stop anyone else. I have a google document which has been used while contacting Jim Sterling about shitty steam/developer practices.

Edited by ChaosCalix

2 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Which is really disapointing considering looking at the artist gallery is nice but VN tend to have emotions and several good examples of visual novels would be Morenatsu  and Bara-Diction Ocean Story  & Paws of Steel.

As much as I love shitting all over this, I will say he has claimed they'll be coming. Which only reinforces my opinion that this shouldn't be out of Early Access, even if it IS treated as Episodic.

10 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

As much as I love shitting all over this, I will say he has claimed they'll be coming. Which only reinforces my opinion that this shouldn't be out of Early Access, even if it IS treated as Episodic.

I have to agree here i tend to avoid any early access games on steam since often most tend to be incomplete. Unless your very experienced at this.

1 hour ago, RTDragon said:

Which is really disapointing considering looking at the artist gallery is nice but VN tend to have emotions and several good examples of visual novels would be Morenatsu  and Bara-Diction Ocean Story  & Paws of Steel.

That's one of the problems I have with it. It's hard to tell when someone is distressed or angry. Like the cat Elcair, you can tell her emotions go from 11 to 0  as soon as she finds out on who made the reservation for you. The fact that cat-lady remains ":D" with the added bedroom eyes effect is....uncomfortable. You would think for all that effort that the artist would just overlap a layer with different emotions for the 22 characters. it isn't hard. 

1 hour ago, ChaosCalix said:

iDVPnBz.jpg

Haha. HAHAHAHA.
Right. Greedy.

Also, -reads article-

Pretty much.

And it was obvious from the creator of the Sergal species having a list of rules for those who are going to make commercial profit using the species from the get go. 

http://goldring.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_of_Use_and_Copyrights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azurex said:

Have you guys noticed that Klace has his own WikiFur page? It looks like he wrote all of it himself

Usually furries do write it themselves. :V

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

He's just fucking himself harder. That will seal the Bait and Switch and False/Misleading Advertising charges.

Pretty much. Instead of seeing if the original person who had the spot has another OC, or work with him to create another, he sells it. Kind of a dick move on his part.

Just now, 6tails said:

Nothing, that's why I usually don't trust wikis that anyone an edit.

WIKI = What I Know Is

And what most people know is jack shit.

I actually thought WikiFur had some standard of quality, but after clicking through some random pages, it became clear that anybody can make one for their own character and themselves, even if they're not of any significance within the community ... That's kinda sad

5 minutes ago, Azurex said:

I actually thought WikiFur had some standard of quality, but after clicking through some random pages, it became clear that anybody can make one for their own character and themselves, even if they're not of any significance within the community ... That's kinda sad

Why the fuck would you ever think that? The whole website is literally people writing articles about themselves.

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

Why the fuck would you ever think that? The whole website is literally people writing articles about themselves.

I used to enjoy reading up on the various cons and their history, and sometimes I'd read the pages of actual significant members in the community. I thought that's what it was all about, but I guess I was wrong

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

crap.png.e8c8cf5d81a237197d1583971b14714

There's quite a difference between creating a personal character based on a species and selling it to make a video game. You really can't do that especially from on the artist page and this. Really not that hard to read.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mick39/

http://goldring.wikia.com/wiki/Terms_of_Use_and_Copyrights

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

To note, the CC 4.0 International license actualy DOES allow for commercial exploitation - AS LONG AS THE LICENSE IS FOLLOWED. That means proper attribution to the copyright holder among other things. Since Klace did not do that, Trancy Mick was free to demand royalties.

Not to mention those prices for percentage are not even that bad. And he does have a right to demand royalties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Still your supposed to add credits to what you used in the games especially if you comissioned custom artwork or tilesets.

Exactly. There's a reason the credits for most games are a mile long. Everyone even remotely associated gets included because it's less trouble to be too generous than too stingy. 

I'd just skimmed the thing before and didn't even realize that the Klace person had nothing to do with the game art, which I assume dominates the total time spent on the game assets. That takes this whole thing from "stupid" to "what the fuck".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Still your supposed to add credits to what you used in the games especially if you comissioned custom artwork or tilesets.

no, exactly. I 100% agree with you. i'm just quoting an oversight that a lot of people use to try and get away with it. 

honestly i'm just gonna take note to avoid this guy based on what's been posted (Klace)

Edited by evan

Klace is definitely living up to the pop star diva stereotype acting like they are bigger and more popular than they actually are, I'd like to say I'm surprised at seeing this kind of over entitled behaviour but it feels too typical now for certain parts of the fandom

Edited by Naesaki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

Klace is definitely living up to the pop star diva stereotype acting like they are bigger and more popular than they actually are, I'd like to say I'm surprised at seeing this kind of over entitled behaviour but it feels too typical now for certain parts of the fandom

I've talked to the Steam moderator, Vixus, and they'll attest to this.

21 minutes ago, Naesaki said:

I wonder if Klace will turn out to be as big of a douche as Phil Fish, though thinking about it, don't know if thats possible :v

At least Phil Fish managed to create something interesting. This just seems like a vanity project.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imperial Impact said:

I am older than this guy...

I'm younger, and still have more business sense, common sense, decency, and despite my tag here*, I'm a hell of a lot more humble.

Not sure what that says about him, but I don't think it's a good thing.

* edit: Thought my tag was still "Obnoxious". Whoops.

Edited by ChaosCalix

20 minutes ago, Onnes said:

At least Phil Fish managed to create something interesting. This just seems like a vanity project.

With the story, indeed it does look like it. It's pretty much an interactive fanfic with you as the star...except your image isn't in it.