Hey gaiz! New furry game green-lit on steam!

Zeke

Well i wonder if anyone heard of this review considering it was posted on christmas eve. Though there's something different about this one considering it's a video review and listened to it all i say... is Wow just wow.... Had no idea this was also being spread around in the visual novel community from the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cdoa7fmqA

Edited by RTDragon

38 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Well i wonder if anyone heard of this review considering it was posted on christmas eve. Though there's something different about this one considering it's a video review and listened to it all i say... is Wow just wow.... Had no idea this was also being spread around in the visual novel community from the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cdoa7fmqA

Listening to it and I am not surprised. 

On 1/2/2016 at 8:21 PM, Zeke said:

As a warning: If you downloaded major/minor from anywhere(Free or otherwise), make sure you run a scan. Malwarebytes found a bug.

majorminormal.png

Does this happen when you downloaded it on steam considering it did'nt happen on the demo. But malware in a game on steam.....

16 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Does this happen when you downloaded it on steam considering it did'nt happen on the demo. But malware in a game on steam.....

It may be my computer being a sensitive shit, but three scans to test it and it screams "Get fucking rid of it". I don't think it was intentional, but be careful if you do download it. 

Anyway here is a question can anyone tell me about HF Interactive? Considering i have not heard much about this company that publishes this game. And this announcement popped up.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791440556894/announcements/detail/700673624070062084

I don't see much information about this company anywhere on google. And nothing on gamefaqs since usually company names and history do show up based on games.

Edited by RTDragon

I think this is the first time I've felt uncomfortable with the fact that my friends can see me playing a game. I can play games like Hyperdimension Neptunia and Sakura Spirit just fine, but this....I fear my friends will look into it as I play it.

I got the game as a gift from Wolfnight. (Thank you Wolfnight!) Now trying to play it I feel uncomfortable.

I'm getting serious Persona 3 vibes from the beginning of this game. As if I'm talking to not-Igor in the not-Velvet Room. I can't stand the art though. It makes me extremely uncomfortable every time I see a character

Edited by Battlechili

12 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I think this is the first time I've felt uncomfortable with the fact that my friends can see me playing a game. I can play games like Hyperdimension Neptunia and Sakura Spirit just fine, but this....I fear my friends will look into it as I play it.

I got the game as a gift from Wolfnight. (Thank you Wolfnight!) Now trying to play it I feel uncomfortable.

I'm getting serious Persona 3 vibes from the beginning of this game. As if I'm talking to not-Igor in the not-Velvet Room.

That's what I got from it, than and Devil Survivor. The Developer had said that it was "inspired" by it, but I feel like h was trying to make a fan fiction he can cash in on instead. 

Chapter 2 is supposed to come out in a week or less, so don't refund it. 

15 minutes ago, Zeke said:

That's what I got from it, than and Devil Survivor. The Developer had said that it was "inspired" by it, but I feel like h was trying to make a fan fiction he can cash in on instead. 

Chapter 2 is supposed to come out in a week or less, so don't refund it. 

I didn't plan on it. Plus its a gift so I doubt it'd let me anyways. The Steam cards alone make it worth having (lots and lots of Steambucks gained from selling them wow). Where do you see Devil Survivor in it though? Persona sure, but so far its not as if Tokyo is in peril or something. Or have I just not gotten far enough?

I'm actually really impressed with the music in the game at least at parts. The not-Igor music playing when you start hurting on the train is pretty gud. On the other hand, the writing telling me everything I just did and what not-Igor thinks of them comes off as really pretentious. Like the creator felt like he was oh-so smart for putting this part in and all.

Edited by Battlechili

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I didn't plan on it. Plus its a gift so I doubt it'd let me anyways. The Steam cards alone make it worth having (lots and lots of Steambucks gained from selling them wow). Where do you see Devil Survivor in it though? Persona sure, but so far its not as if Tokyo is in peril or something. Or have I just not gotten far enough?

I'm actually really impressed with the music in the game at least at parts. The not-Igor music playing when you start hurting on the train is pretty gud. On the other hand, the writing telling me everything I just did and what not-Igor thinks of them comes off as really pretentious. Like the creator felt like he was oh-so smart for putting this part in and all.

The people on the train "waddling" cracked me up. People were wadding.

I am sure there will be some perilous thing to happen in later chapters since the plot's premise is "the world is ending unless you do not befriend that prick ferret and that big-mouthed Butters squirrel". Maybe I have DS on the brain since I've been playing it recently. 

Persona 2 mores than Devil Survivor....unless something really bad happens like Tokyo vanishes in the void.

4 hours ago, RTDragon said:

Anyway here is a question can anyone tell me about HF Interactive? Considering i have not heard much about this company that publishes this game. And this announcement popped up.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791440556894/announcements/detail/700673624070062084

I don't see much information about this company anywhere on google. And nothing on gamefaqs since usually company names and history do show up based on games.

that's probably because it's a new company

5 hours ago, RTDragon said:

I doubt the name is registered. I find a lot of "indie devs" on Steam greenlight and early access haven't registered their names.

Also, I made a response to that post. Of course, whoever is running that account brushed it off with more PR nonsense.
EDIT: And then, minutes after this post, and hours after their response? Friend request :V

Edited by ChaosCalix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTDragon said:

Seen this the other day and the followup that just popped up today. Is he really this unhinged?

Most likely since people are still circulating the drama surrounding it that's reaching near Derek Savage levels. 

I get it that he wants to "fix" the PR with this as much as possible to make sure that it does not affect his sales, but this is becoming more or less "Day One: parry's incident" when the developers tried to cover up all the negative press and flagging videos with false DCMAs. 

Edited by Zeke

1 hour ago, RTDragon said:

Wow now i see the problem is video flagged for criticism. Fortunately youtube did something that stops that kind of thing.

Youtube's recent measures only protect its availability inside the United States until the flags are sufficiently opposed.
It also does not protect all youtubers, only a select few who have dealt with false flags in the past on a regular basis. 
I mean, it's a START, but it's hardly praise worthy as it stands.

Edited by ChaosCalix
word

58 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

Youtube's recent measures only protect its available inside the United States until the flags are sufficiently opposed.
It also does not protect all youtubers, only a select few who have dealt with false flags in the past on a regular basis. 
I mean, it's a START, but it's hardly praise worthy as it stands.

So there can still be take downs from disgruntled developers.

Also need to bring this up for those who are playing the demo on steam might want to warn it's broken with the recent update. This is what i got.

Looks like someone did not set the player starting position at all. Before this update demo was working fine.

MajorMinor_2016-01-13_15-47-42.png

Edited by RTDragon

pff... nicely done.

Also, have some more bullshit

http://pastebin.com/b6RJrQCv

Hello,

This is a legal request and will be submitted to an archive of evidence regarding this subject.
Does Mick hold a legally binding copyright claiming ownership of the Sergal species?
Or do they have any sort of proof that royalties are owed by law (not just upon request?)
If so, such document or proof of ownership must be shown to me within 48 hours.
If no document can be shown, we will be placing the Sergal back into Major\Minor.

Thank you very much.

Expecting a response,

HF Interactive Legal Team

st9rz7T.png

Need I point out again that Sergals are under a Creative Commons license.
This means that if they are included in Major\Minor, then M\M must also be distributed under a CC license.

Of course, he assumes laws only apply when they benefit him.

Edited by ChaosCalix

Ah i was wondering considering at the same time this auction shows up in the community forums. And the sergal character blackened out. I can only see things not getting better considering you need money to donate to a game that is the developer first time using MV. as well as needing updates and patches for the first episode.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/18764902/

12 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

pff... nicely done.

Also, have some more bullshit

http://pastebin.com/b6RJrQCv

st9rz7T.png

Need I point out again that Sergals are under a Creative Commons license.
This means that if they are included in Major\Minor, then M\M must also be distributed under a CC license.

Of course, he assumes laws only apply when they benefit him.

That means either he made enough bank to put the regal back in, or he is putting it back in to tell Mick to fuck off. 

Also, I'd be wary of the letter since it sounds like something someone would send to intimidate another person or blackmail them. 

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

That means either he made enough bank to put the regal back in, or he is putting it back in to tell Mick to fuck off. 

I'm pretty sure, he's doing it because he's an arrogant shit with enough morons sucking his e-cock making him feel invincible.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosCalix said:

I'm pretty sure, he's doing it because he's an arrogant shit with enough morons sucking his e-cock making him feel invincible.

Most likely. it is easy to remake his character to be a dragon or something as long as it has enough differentiating to prevent someone to claim it as such. it just seems that Klace is just a lazy nut.

Just now, ChaosCalix said:

Is mick aware of this cause i don't think his public relations manager understands copyright and how steam works. And games have been pulled from steam before for copyright infringement. Not to mention it costs $100 to get a game on steam green lighted.

9 minutes ago, 6tails said:

LMFAO at asking for 'evidence'

Read the fucking CC license and Mick's page for sergals.

End of story.

Most likely they did and they skipped over the bit that the licensor CAN ask for monetary royalties for use of their content. So far, it's what I want, and not what the rules say. 

10 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

Is mick aware of this cause i don't think his public relations manager understands copyright and how steam works. And games have been pulled from steam before for copyright infringement. Not to mention it costs $100 to get a game on steam green lighted.

Then it's time to start flagging it.

13 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Most likely they did and they skipped over the bit that the licensor CAN ask for monetary royalties for use of their content. So far, it's what I want, and not what the rules say. 

Then it's time to start flagging it.

Sadly with this as well as at some of the more unexpected reviews such as these two i noticed. https://supernerdland.com/majorminor/ 

http://www.crymore.net/2015/12/14/vidya-review-majorminor-major-problemsminor-upside/  Though i would be sure if mick is aware of this before legal action is taken especially with the steam cards of the character. This is not something that should be taken lightly.

Edited by RTDragon

2 hours ago, RTDragon said:

Sadly with this as well as at some of the more unexpected reviews such as these two i noticed. https://supernerdland.com/majorminor/ 

http://www.crymore.net/2015/12/14/vidya-review-majorminor-major-problemsminor-upside/  Though i would be sure if mick is aware of this before legal action is taken especially with the steam cards of the character. This is not something that should be taken lightly.

The first review is hilarious. xD

Anyways, Dishonored Wolf made a final video covering some of the things mentioned towards the end of 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9u2FYOKBs

mick knows about the issue but she herself doesn't want to deal with it. so her team is doing the work.

according to the comments on that post though, he says I eventually got permission but I kind of doubt it because it says he talked to his PR guy and you know..not anyone from the actual Vilous team

though I'd be embarrassed to put that sergal in anything tbh

14 minutes ago, willow said:

mick knows about the issue but she herself doesn't want to deal with it. so her team is doing the work.

according to the comments on that post though, he says I eventually got permission but I kind of doubt it because it says he talked to his PR guy and you know..not anyone from the actual Vilous team

though I'd be embarrassed to put that sergal in anything tbh

It's a color theory's nightmare on acid...

It hurts my eyes just lookiing at it. :c

Anyways, Mick "expressed" this with the person saying No and "no, and no we do not want your money just remove the character", and I guess he went "LOLKEK GONNA DO IT ANYWAY UNLESS YOU SUE ME OR SHOW ME DOCUMENTATION", when it is right there in plain english  under the cc 4.0. It's confusing as fuck, but it is there. 

34 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It's a color theory's nightmare on acid...

It hurts my eyes just lookiing at it. :c

Anyways, Mick "expressed" this with the person saying No and "no, and no we do not want your money just remove the character", and I guess he went "LOLKEK GONNA DO IT ANYWAY UNLESS YOU SUE ME OR SHOW ME DOCUMENTATION", when it is right there in plain english  under the cc 4.0. It's confusing as fuck, but it is there. 

some people really just don't understand how Creative Commons works. if I had the skills necessary to make my own visual novel game I'd make a character near identical to Klace and put it in the game, then if he complains say that it's totally legal unless he can provide documentation or some shit :v

and by skills necessary I really just mean the patience to understand how RPG Maker VX Ace works

13 minutes ago, willow said:

and by skills necessary I really just mean the patience to understand how RPG Maker VX Ace works

You do know that is actually RPG Maker MV hence the error screenshot i posted about the demo.

And willow it's not that hard to read Creative Commons Works when it's very clear there's a help file for it.

Edited by RTDragon

I assume they are going off the angle that it's nearly impossible to legally protect a fantasy race, at least not without a tangled web of trademark applications and ornery lawyers. Copyright certainly won't do it unless someone essentially just copies existing depictions. The whole closed species thing is really just a matter of courtesy.

If someone wants to be an asshole about it then there's probably nothing stopping them from using any of the popular species however they want, sergals included, unless individual hosts like steam decide to respect the closed species concept.

14 minutes ago, Onnes said:

I assume they are going off the angle that it's nearly impossible to legally protect a fantasy race, at least not without a tangled web of trademark applications and ornery lawyers. Copyright certainly won't do it unless someone essentially just copies existing depictions. The whole closed species thing is really just a matter of courtesy.

If someone wants to be an asshole about it then there's probably nothing stopping them from using any of the popular species however they want, sergals included, unless individual hosts like steam decide to respect the closed species concept.

There's actually a rule against this considering when you buy a greenlight submission fee you have to follow the terms and service to steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/

16 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

You do know that is actually RPG Maker MV hence the error screenshot i posted about the demo.

And willow it's not that hard to read Creative Commons Works when it's very clear there's a help file for it.

I actually didn't but the title screen looks exactly like one of the styles you can use in VX Ace, which is what I have 

but I was joking about the CC thing

10 minutes ago, 6tails said:

To quote the specific part:

"Additionally, you agree not post any item to Greenlight that contains the following:

Games using copyright material such as assets or intellectual property without permission from the owner"

This only matters if Valve believes that sergals as generic visual entities are protected and that using the name and visual features in anything constitutes an unlawful derivative work.

Yeah... right. "Permission".
We'll see what the official word on that is soon enough.

Further, his claims about it requiring a complete reworking of each line of dialogue to add in expressions is a load of horse shit. If that's the case, he doesn't know how to use RPG Maker MV properly, or he's doing something REALLY backwards to achieve simple results.

13 hours ago, Onnes said:

This only matters if Valve believes that sergals as generic visual entities are protected and that using the name and visual features in anything constitutes an unlawful derivative work.

they still count as intellectual property though so if they really wanted to take action against the game, all mick's team would have to do is show that mick created sergals and that they didn't give Klace permission to use them. but like since no one outside of the fandom knows what a sergal is, it's pretty easy to pass them off as your own original characters/species

even if he just took people's fursonas and got work of them done for his game, it'd still be against Steam's ToS

I should ask if he legit got permission

Edited by willow