Show off your fursuits/cosplays

Calemeyr

On 4/12/2016 at 9:49 AM, Xaende said:

My work in progress:

heads.png

tails.png

I took my tail out of storage for the first time since the move, and decided to take a picture wearing it. The head still needs work, but not much. Mostly sewing the ears onto the hood and hot gluing the fur to the resin scull. The eyes will be comic book or typical furry art style for visibility. A bit smaller and more "serious" than typical cartoony eyes, but they shouldn't obstruct my vision like realistic eyes do. Much of the fur will stay long-ish, with a layered and trimmed look. The arm sleeves and hand paws will have a form-fitting look. At least that's the plan. I'm still deciding on the approach I'd like to take with the wings.

OMG that's adorable. Love the fluff on the head (for some reason I at first thought it was terrier before realizing it was just fluffy husky, sorry. Still awesome, though)  If you ever somehow get around to making a good quality pair of wings I'd legit pay you. Wingbros gotta wing.

Seriously, some of you forum peeps are talented suitmakers and I'd pay someone if they took it rather than go to a big company.

Alas, maybe someday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

OMG that's adorable. Love the fluff on the head (for some reason I at first thought it was terrier before realizing it was just fluffy husky, sorry. Still awesome, though)  If you ever somehow get around to making a good quality pair of wings I'd legit pay you. Wingbros gotta wing.

Seriously, some of you forum peeps are talented suitmakers and I'd pay someone if they took it rather than go to a big company.

Alas, maybe someday.

Thanks! He's more of a mutt with unnatural coloring, or a humanoid sparkledog, so it's cool if you see some terrier in there.

I've thought about commissioning the wings. Maybe something like these, but folded:

853e3cbe463c8ceae9dbe689ec618c2b.jpg

Though I'll probably try to do it myself first. I doubt they'll look nearly as good, but I'd rather not spend a lot. If they come out good enough to consider taking commissions, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xaende said:

Thanks! He's more of a mutt with unnatural coloring, or a humanoid sparkledog, so it's cool if you see some terrier in there.

I've thought about commissioning the wings. Maybe something like these, but folded:

853e3cbe463c8ceae9dbe689ec618c2b.jpg

Though I'll probably try to do it myself first. I doubt they'll look nearly as good, but I'd rather not spend a lot. If they come out good enough to consider taking commissions, I'll let you know.

Folded is definitely easy to travel on, although those look badass

...maybe for photoshoots rather than casual wear

Fantastic!

I watched a fursuiting panel video on Youtube recently, and the speaker (can't remember who at the moment--it'll come to me) basically said that it's good manners and good form to keep with the theme of the event when fursuiting, so that your fursuit doesn't "clash" with the event and give people the impression that you're grandstanding or attention whoring. You did an awesome job of keeping with the Ren Faire theme!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 6:48 AM, Troj said:

Fantastic!

I watched a fursuiting panel video on Youtube recently, and the speaker (can't remember who at the moment--it'll come to me) basically said that it's good manners and good form to keep with the theme of the event when fursuiting, so that your fursuit doesn't "clash" with the event and give people the impression that you're grandstanding or attention whoring. You did an awesome job of keeping with the Ren Faire theme!

People always hate it when you aren't like everyone else in the group.

Rather Old-ish Ex-LARP Costume, built several years ago, headpiece/Helmet is missing because it was stolen on an Event after a Fight I lost as a "trophy",

anyway, this is my Oni (Ogre Demon):

troll2xna0.jpg

imag0086at2m.jpg

imag0085qt5b.jpg

The mask looked similar to this (just googled for something that looks like i remember it):

oni_mask_by_bensmith128-d438jga.jpg

Edited by AzraelRhincon
Spoiler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ricky said:

People always hate it when you aren't like everyone else in the group.

Yes, and that's sad and stupid, but this is about respecting the social rituals of particular spaces.

It's also about being aware of how furries are often already perceived, and not trying to needlessly or pointlessly alienate or annoy people.

As a fursuiter, you generally want to be seen as somebody with benign, good, pro-social intentions. Demonstrating that you're aware of the "theme" of an event or a place helps to convey those good intentions.

Current Build Project is on hold due to financial issues on my side, but the next thing I'm gonna build is something along the lines of this:

tumblr_ngqqh81PpX1tv3g49o1_500.jpg

I've got the moss and the Latex Colors alreaddy, as well as parts of the Legs done, still missing some football shoulder Armor to start building the upper part on top of.

7 hours ago, Troj said:

Yes, and that's sad and stupid, but this is about respecting the social rituals of particular spaces.

It's also about being aware of how furries are often already perceived, and not trying to needlessly or pointlessly alienate or annoy people.

As a fursuiter, you generally want to be seen as somebody with benign, good, pro-social intentions. Demonstrating that you're aware of the "theme" of an event or a place helps to convey those good intentions.

That's a bit paranoid. I mean, don't try to go hug kids in a schoolyard but thinking you have to act like everyone else just to be accepted is not only a stretch but it's flawed. Ever heard of the blind leading the blind?

It's not paranoid; it's smart marketing and good social skills.

You'll get a warmer reception from people in certain situations and contexts if you signal respect and understanding for that milieu. It's not about "being like everyone else," it's about signalling, "Hey, I know that I am a guest in this place, or a co-participant in this activity/event."

As a fursuiter, I think you'll have a better time if people feel that you have positive, cooperative, pro-social intentions, and see you as a friend or an ally, and not as an outsider, enemy, or opponent.

Just got back from the 2nd weekend at the ren faire, and again the reception was awesome. The staff loved the costume so much that now I can enter for free as an entertainer for the rest of the event. Ive had adults and kids run to see the "big wolf", photos galore (I really need to install a cpu fan in the head so I can stand still for longer), even the other entertainers love it.

Just got my Hi-Res fursuit photos from AC: http://www.dragonscales.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=72&pid=43587#top_display_media

Attaching the files isn't working for me atm. It's a shame though because I dropped his tail while walking in Pittsburgh and it fell right into a puddle of coffee. It was the day of the photos as well so it didn't get cleaned in time. Bleh.

• 2 months later...

My Lucario fursuit that doesn't fit anymore. I made a dumb (and I mean dumb) suit-up video on request of a possible buyer to prove I own the suit and that it doesn't fit. The video is stupid and un-edited so I don't get why it has so many views and why it actually got me subscribers. Oh well.

Beware! Proof that you can outgrow those expensive costumesssss.

On 9/25/2016 at 4:34 PM, Rukh Whitefang said:

Just got back my first photos from Michigans largest ren faire. I am very pleased with the new look.

Rukh MIRF Full Armor Cropped.jpg

If you were there sunday I missed you. Must have been early in the morning. Didn't get there myself until the afternoon.

On 9/26/2016 at 0:31 AM, Zeke said:

Working on a Darth Revan cosplay:

20160603_174211.jpg

What is that made of?

20 hours ago, Misomie said:

My Lucario fursuit that doesn't fit anymore. I made a dumb (and I mean dumb) suit-up video on request of a possible buyer to prove I own the suit and that it doesn't fit. The video is stupid and un-edited so I don't get why it has so many views and why it actually got me subscribers. Oh well.

Beware! Proof that you can outgrow those expensive costumesssss.

Now, you can buy this fabulous fursuit that ONLY takes 16 minutes to get into for the low low price of $600!!! Call now, operators are standing by.

Also, A) what are you watching in the background? B) Clean your house!!! C) Why is there a basket of arrows in the back??

8 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Now, you can buy this fabulous fursuit that ONLY takes 16 minutes to get into for the low low price of $600!!! Call now, operators are standing by.

Also, A) what are you watching in the background? B) Clean your house!!! C) Why is there a basket of arrows in the back??

To be honest it only takes a few when it fits right. : P

A. I think Zatch Bell

B. In the middle of renovating and family moving in. Boxes everywhere and a wall was just torn down. Messy messy. 

C. Cause archery. The closet they were in was torn down so they were just sitting there. They are put away now though. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

If you were there sunday I missed you. Must have been early in the morning. Didn't get there myself until the afternoon.

I was there Saturday. And I wanted to go this Sunday for the last day but the weather looks like crap. Oh well, there is an indoor Ren faire at Birch Run in January and GR comic con is in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about fursuiting. I'm way too cheap to BUY a fursuit, that shit's expensive AF.

I guess I can build one myself but a full suit looks like quite a lot of hassle to make. A good compromise would be a partial suit and my Captain Furfag costume design:

UltimateFem_zpsi3vzl5bo.png

Whether or not I'll go ahead with it is a whole other decision. I'd have to find all the parts and possibly modify them a bit. But I guess it's doable.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I have mixed feelings about fursuiting. I'm way too cheap to BUY a fursuit, that shit's expensive AF.

I guess I can build one myself but a full suit looks like quite a lot of hassle to make. A good compromise would be a partial suit and my Captain Furfag costume design:

UltimateFem_zpsi3vzl5bo.png

Whether or not I'll go ahead with it is a whole other decision. I'd have to find all the parts and possibly modify them a bit. But I guess it's doable.

You should make this.

It looks fabulous. The world needs more of this. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2016 at 10:50 PM, Jerry said:

Admittedly I'm really curious to see how it would fare among all the costumes and suits one gets to see in a con.

It'd be fine. There are actually a good number of lower quality suits there so it wouldn't stand out much if you make a monster (lol). If you mean the cosplay part, I've seen many suiters in costumes so it looks super cute/awesome. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a dinoburd. This pic is a bit inaccurate, I've since added a full cape and zipper, and did more feathering and painting work. S'my first build, so it's going slow.

Just the head and feet are done so far. Gonna make a tail and some wings eventually.

tmp_27172-Cuz_JI_VIAAjT6X-653317933.jpg

Edited by littlerock
FUCKING AUTOCORRECT
  • Like 12

On 11/20/2016 at 2:13 PM, Troj said:

@littlerock, that is beautiful!

I am building a dinosaur, too. Do you guys have suggestions about what colour his face and limbs should be, based on the other furs I plan to use?

il_570xN.997482012_87vt.jpg

Hell yeah more dinosuits bruh! ^5

You going with a resin head? I hear that many resin bases are optimized for partial painting on the surface itself anymore, so that minimal furring is needed. And If you're going with those colors, You're pretty much stuck with black to go with them. They're fun, but that's a slippery slope into acid suit places. Either way, YES MORE DINOSAUR YES

On 11/24/2016 at 4:54 PM, Saxon said:

Your suit looks like one of their better ones.

I think the most important part of the process besides finding a talented artist is articulating your design to ensure the maker understands.  Working with someone who can do that with you is very important, you need someone who listens and is collaborative.  TFU made an extremely high quality suit and I have nothing but praise for the final product and process.  It's excellent.  

Anyone here like Undertale? This is my omega Flowey fursuit I started over the summer, pretty proud of how he came out. When you press the power button he actually laughs like he does in the game. Unfortunately can't finish the Bab because I'll be moving for colleg soon and don't have the room for him with my other projects. Imma sell him.IMG_20160819_231105.jpg

IMG_20160819_224757.jpg

artflow_2016062916281.png

9 hours ago, Flupple said:

Anyone here like Undertale? This is my omega Flowey fursuit I started over the summer, pretty proud of how he came out. When you press the power button he actually laughs like he does in the game. Unfortunately can't finish the Bab because I'll be moving for colleg soon and don't have the room for him with my other projects. Imma sell him.IMG_20160819_231105.jpg

IMG_20160819_224757.jpg

artflow_2016062916281.png

that's a brilliantly origional idea!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...