Calemeyr

Show off your fursuits/cosplays

106 posts in this topic

On April 24, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Calemeyr said:

I don't think I ever posted my Lucario suit here. Zoroark is coming this year, same maker.IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.e9b542288b1e2329296dd6ed0e73dfd5.JPG

Yours looks like it was done by the same mascot company that does the nintendo ones. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Yours looks like it was done by the same mascot company that does the nintendo ones. 

Thanks! That was the intent, and the people who made it make suits in a mascot style. They made those mega Charizard suits from a few years back. 

I made this three years ago. I'd like to make another one now that I actually know what the heck I'm doing (and also I now own a sewing machine so I wouldn't have to hand stitch it), but I haven't had the money lol

I think it's pretty good considering, but most people don't get the species right.

tumblr_na228mBS061tctof2o2_1280.jpg

1 person likes this

^^^Don't despair, most people don't get the species right! I've had people think Stitch was an elephant, and a dog friend of mine has been mistaken for a skunk because he's white with black markings.

IMG_2946.thumb.JPG.7a265730644b83ac5c05891033990afe.JPG

Working on Snivy at the moment. I'm using CAD to help me pattern.

Yes, I'm trying replicate the official mascot suit. Snivy will be a body pid. Now here's something you have to watch out for when making pods: when patterning the foam, make sure it's the outer surface that matches the pattern, not thr inner surrace, or else everything will end up all bulky. The trick is how to do this, and I'm thinking of ideas.