Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

On 6/16/2017 at 4:18 AM, Nova said:

Currently playing maplestory , my bishop finally reached lvl 170.

Took me only one week.

@Kleric, there is another.

I've been playing Witcher III, and while there are a few bugs it is the best game I've played so far. The relatively simple mechanics are enough for diverse playstyles, and all the quests and environment are uniquely engaging. 

I'm still playing Fable. Despite the game's mechanical simplicity, the degree of freedom it gives you to be a fucking asshole is amazing.

I murdered every inhabitant and shopkeeper in a town and bought every single building, so that when they respawned, they had to pay me rent.

The visuals and dialogue try to discourage you from the evil path but when it comes to mechanics holy shit does crime pay.

pivoting back to several other games after having beaten Fable several times.

Screwing with Urban Assault and trying to put together a decent layout for this map after like eight fucking iterations (layouts and connectivity have always been my weaknesses in HL1 mapping). Thankfully a majority of the map is simple prefabricated sections of hallway and rooms (actually going for a prefab building look so this is acceptable) so adjustments aren't a huge problem.

The Castlevania animu inspired me to give Symphony of the Night a decent chance, since I haven't before.
Bought the game for XBL Arcade.
Been running since... the day before yesterday? Or something? Beat both castles. Got 198%.
Damn good game. Would play again.

12 hours ago, axelthefox said:

I wonder if there is anything people find creepy or scary in games? When i first played Skyrim, i was scared by the voice of the night mother in the dark brotherhood quests.

I've jumped so many times when a daedra has spoken to me in Skyrim... Meridia almost literally startled the crap out of me when I found that stupid beacon

Speaking of Skyrim...

I are badass cat lady. Full double-enchantment dragonscale armor, improved to legendary. Come at me, Alduin!

1415.JPG

On 7/27/2017 at 3:01 PM, axelthefox said:

I wonder if there is anything people find creepy or scary in games?

STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Like, the whole game. First game (Shadow of Chernobyl) too. Those games are masterpieces of atmosphere.

Even though I have night vision, top tier armor, and a streetsweeper shotgun, I still feel uneasy poking around in those dark buildings, because you never know when you'll turn a corner and come face-to-face with something unpleasant...

Playing Grandia II at the moment, after realizing that my memories of it came from playing it for a few hours, having it crash, and then watching a Let's Play.
Gonna see it through to the end, and this time I'm going to actually earn the privilege xD

• 3 weeks later...

Took the time to try Sine Mora again because my friend got it for me as a gag gift a good while ago. I was going through my library and noticed it got some big update since I played it 5 years ago. "Sine Mora EX". I guess the "EX" is short for EXtra shitty because this game has not changed at all and still sucks entirely beyond it's art direction and beautiful but overdone visuals.

If there's any reason I've ever been given to avoid Grasshopper Games, it's this miserable excuse for a shooter.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumped back into Crimzon Clover after about a year. 
So far, this is the only game I know of where a boss punches air so hard, lasers and bullets burst out from the point of explosive impact. I think, collectively, this game has my favorite boss fights I've seen in a video game. Everything I want. Nothing I don't. Just a noisy, gratuitous, grating, eye melting, stupid fucking senseless game. It's brilliant.

I can only appreciate this game more now that I've let it age a bit, so to speak. Definitely my favorite PC exclusive. Really incredible little title...

I picked up Shoker's Weapon Mod for Stalker CoP. Despite the name, it actually adds more han just new weapons, it even tweaks AI behavior.

Having a lot of fun with it, being a total NATO fanboy like always; rolling with a SCAR-L (with M203, suppressor, and ACOG scope), SPAS-12, and .338 Lapua AWM.

I'm really liking that AWM, that thing fucking handles people.

"POP IN SOMETIME IT CAN BE FUN AROUND HERE"

yeah you know what else would be fun? popping you in the fucking mouth with a flare gun Hawaiian you piece of shit

also I ditched the SCAR and suppressor for an HK417. Pretty happy with it. Getting better equipment and I can survive trips into anomaly fields now, so I'm starting to make decent money.

I picked up a USAS-12 in SWM (that weapon mod I got for STALKER Call of Pripyat)...

USAS12shotgun4104.thumb.jpg.41a02ae8be0dd9ae719856b9b71628c4.jpg

The Daewoo Precision Industries USAS-12 automatic shotgun.

......suddenly a lot of The Zone's problems seem pretty trivial. Twenty rounds of buckshot in five seconds is enough to make any problem disappear.

Just picked up 20XX last week. Its been a blast. Its a Megaman X procedurally generated roguelike with online Co-op. Every run in it is different.

I'm pretty shit at it but manage to beat a normal difficulty campaign by the skin of my teeth:

If any of ya'll have it and wanna play some Co-op, hit me up.

STALKER SWM Update.

I was exaggerating when I was talking about sniping bloodsuckers with a grenade launcher.

I didn't expect to actually do it.

Headshot from 127 meters, off the deck of the Skadovsk, with an M79. I know it was a headshot because SWM adds a hitmarker that flashes red on headshots.

More stories from SWM.

Today I was poking around in Yanov, near the Duty Stash. For the uninitiated, this is a collection of sheds, trailers, containers, barbed wire fences, and abandoned construction vehicles arranged like a fort and located on the edge of a large quarry.

I saw a lone pseudodog running around outside the perimeter, and it looked like it was headed my direction, so I decided to delete it -- pseudodogs are actually a pretty significant threat because of their speed, the damage they do, and the damage they can take (fuckers will literally no-sell a 12ga slug to the brain).

Well, the gunfire from shooting at the pseudodog attracted more. Firing at them attracted a pack of Blind Dogs (which travel in groups and overwhelm targets with hit-and-run maulings). The more I shot at shit, the more shit was attracted by the sound of shooting. Within seconds I was forced onto a roof with a seething mass of Pseudodogs, Blind Dogs, and Hamsters (mutated rats that will fuck your shit up) under my feet and with multiple Zombies converging on my position and shooting at me (yes, STALKER's zombies shoot back, though not very accurately).

Such is life in the Zone.

ca9248076d66561311b38d101f6582aadfe12e0c.jpg.edad2d1b3f12d6528cd40f1b81964b03.jpg

(n.b. STALKER does have silencers, but in SWM they affect your accuracy and other stats, so I don't use them)