Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

20 hours ago, Umbra.Exe said:

I was wondering what that was. 

What's this from, anyway?

Monster Hunter: World. Bazel is a high-rank monster that tends to show up at random during high-rank quests or expeditions; usually the player doesn't even know he's on the map until the world starts exploding. He's known by the community as the "B-52 Bomber of Monster Hunter". Those pod-like scales under his neck and tail actually drop off when he flies or shakes his head. When they're glowing, they explode on impact. If they drop 'cold' (not glowing) they explode when hit by something. Like Bazel himself nose-diving into them after dropping them in three bombing passes. Fighting a monster with Bazelgeuse ("bazel goose", "beetlejuice", "bagel goose", "flying jho", "#@*^$#(!!", "minecone", etc) on the field is like trying to fight in a minefield. With an angry plane trying to eat you.

"Welcome to high rank, bitch! *dive bombs*"

Bazel in a nutshell:

On 12/23/2018 at 12:42 AM, Cyberra said:

Monster Hunter: World. Bazel is a high-rank monster that tends to show up at random during high-rank quests or expeditions; usually the player doesn't even know he's on the map until the world starts exploding. He's known by the community as the "B-52 Bomber of Monster Hunter". Those pod-like scales under his neck and tail actually drop off when he flies or shakes his head. When they're glowing, they explode on impact. If they drop 'cold' (not glowing) they explode when hit by something. Like Bazel himself nose-diving into them after dropping them in three bombing passes. Fighting a monster with Bazelgeuse ("bazel goose", "beetlejuice", "bagel goose", "flying jho", "#@*^$#(!!", "minecone", etc) on the field is like trying to fight in a minefield. With an angry plane trying to eat you.

Welcome to high rank, bitch! *dive bombs*"

Bazel in a nutshell:

(Sorry for the big quote, was gonna just quote the first part, but my phone won't let me clip it.)

Anyways, that's quite the description, haha. I like the nickname 'minecone' the best! Sounds incredibly annoying to have to encounter, though... Just going about your quest, minding your own business, when suddenly BIG BOOM BIRD. 

7 hours ago, Umbra.Exe said:

(Sorry for the big quote, was gonna just quote the first part, but my phone won't let me clip it.)

Anyways, that's quite the description, haha. I like the nickname 'minecone' the best! Sounds incredibly annoying to have to encounter, though... Just going about your quest, minding your own business, when suddenly BIG BOOM BIRD. 

xD He looks like a flying pinecone and he litters the ground with land mines. It's a very apt nickname. And yup, he tends to ruin a lot of quests; he's especially annoying when the quest is specifically a capture and he kills the target. I think his AI was programmed to deliberately come toward other monsters when they start bellowing, because that usually means "hunt in progress". Bazel, like Deviljho, exists entirely to fuck shit up xD His armor is pretty sweet, though, and all his weapons do blast damage.

He's also quite a threat in early high rank, because for new players either he or jho is their first intro to high-rank beasts (usually run into while on the quest to find "??? rathian" tracks) and there is no way a player still in low rank gear can beat either of them. Their most basic attacks are one-shots. If not discovered on those expeditions, they'll be hunting something else and suddenly "ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR! *massive explosions*" People learn to duck and run at the first panicked shout of "Bagel!" xD

Fortunately for me, my first Bazel encounter was on a hunt quest in the desert map (Wildspire Wastes) and I had help from friends who'd been playing for two months longer than I had. They found Bazel before it found me, so I was able to run over and get a look without being surprise-exploded (I first met Deviljho by chasing after a monster in the Coral Highlands, turning a corner and almost running smack into him. Thankfully I'd been warned about him and was able to nope out before he spotted me).

Deviljho is this thing, btw. Meet the angriest pickle in all of gaming:

608 angry pickle.png

Yeah he goes by either B52, or Mad Bomber with some of my friends, but others call him Bagel Juice. I'm sitting about HR 395 was trying to get to 400 ...sadly not one other attack jewel and I'm pretty sure I clocked around 1500+ hrs in that game. I'm learning, hammer, glaive, and LBG in that game but still a Bow main. Arch Tempered "Katie" K.T. is fun.

Not sure if anyone has tried the Mosswine event XD...

I can't wait for the expansion, I haven't played MHW as much and actually went back to FFXIV and FFXV (that Garuda event), so my time has been a bit divided.

17 hours ago, QT Melon said:

Yeah he goes by either B52, or Mad Bomber with some of my friends, but others call him Bagel Juice. I'm sitting about HR 395 was trying to get to 400 ...sadly not one other attack jewel and I'm pretty sure I clocked around 1500+ hrs in that game. I'm learning, hammer, glaive, and LBG in that game but still a Bow main. Arch Tempered "Katie" K.T. is fun.

Not sure if anyone has tried the Mosswine event XD...

I can't wait for the expansion, I haven't played MHW as much and actually went back to FFXIV and FFXV (that Garuda event), so my time has been a bit divided.

*posing with my third consecutive captured tempered Bazel, leaning on my Empress Shell 'Styx' LBG and with my armor smoking from all the explosions*

I can play with dual blades and light bowguns, though I main the bowgun. I do want to learn insect glaive, tho... The Behemoth one is sweet. Currently I'm HR 270 and about to hit 271. I have three attack jewels, one from the storyline and two from RNG actually being nice during tempered hunts. My friends hate me for it XD;;; Also looking into learning hunting horn, since I have learned the hard way the value of a good HH support in hard quests.

xD I could solo the mosswine event with only one faint. I was trying for a no-faint run, but at about quarter after 7 I got dragged outside to shovel 8 inches of snow (shoveling at night SUCKS, btw) and didn't get back inside until an hour later, when the event had already ended.

Been doing AT Kulve Taroth runs, though today I ran into the asshole of assholes while doing so. Got into a session, tried to join a group... The group leader cancelled the quest to get me out, and then locked it with a frigging passcode so that only three specific people were able to join. That right there is an entire new low XP My night ended when I got an error code that not only kicked me out of the quest but right out of the session and into offline mode. With as much work as Capcom put into the game, you'd think they'd put more effort into making the servers stable XP

20 hours ago, Vae said:

Du8R66zVAAA0BLR.thumb.jpg.4008b89d3a515cf10a5db857e55c5e24.jpgDuWups_V4AAEMjf.thumb.jpg.9b11d4906d95cc80ba83d22180c18256.jpg
5c2cd2ec3f60d_DuGA4ZGVAAAGVgA.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.7aee8d41f597e56f7222c2dab85e99e2.jpg

About the only thing I've been doing since early December.

Have all the characters.
Beat all the classic mode routes.
Getting close to beating the story mode (I think).

Just got it but I've been playing a little bit here and there.

Dv4etP7UcAAH_Ll.jpg:large

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cyberra said:

*posing with my third consecutive captured tempered Bazel, leaning on my Empress Shell 'Styx' LBG and with my armor smoking from all the explosions*

I can play with dual blades and light bowguns, though I main the bowgun. I do want to learn insect glaive, tho... The Behemoth one is sweet. Currently I'm HR 270 and about to hit 271. I have three attack jewels, one from the storyline and two from RNG actually being nice during tempered hunts. My friends hate me for it XD;;; Also looking into learning hunting horn, since I have learned the hard way the value of a good HH support in hard quests.

xD I could solo the mosswine event with only one faint. I was trying for a no-faint run, but at about quarter after 7 I got dragged outside to shovel 8 inches of snow (shoveling at night SUCKS, btw) and didn't get back inside until an hour later, when the event had already ended.

Been doing AT Kulve Taroth runs, though today I ran into the asshole of assholes while doing so. Got into a session, tried to join a group... The group leader cancelled the quest to get me out, and then locked it with a frigging passcode so that only three specific people were able to join. That right there is an entire new low XP My night ended when I got an error code that not only kicked me out of the quest but right out of the session and into offline mode. With as much work as Capcom put into the game, you'd think they'd put more effort into making the servers stable XP

Protip on the Mosswine event. Flash the hell out of them and use stones. You can also use paralysis. Friend and I were vouchering ours solo so we could get that 108k per run. I need it less than him since I am over 10 mil in zenny.  Dunno when it will be back up since I noticed it was a very short event. I guess it was their version of year of the Boar lol. A Shame.

Sorry to hear that about the KT lobby, they may have accidentally created their group without the password at first, and had to be an asshole to you.  In all honesty though if they want to do that they should just make their own session since my friends and I are pretty much able to single siege it, in about 2 runs. I know the meta is gathering all the tracks and stuff to up the pursuit level then breaking all her parts to get her to fury.

Looks like KT will be done today though since it's that time...I'm sure the Admiral is reminded of it ;)

I have multiples of other decorations and can solo my hunts in about 5 minutes or  less. If it's higher its because I'm usually messing around or making something to eat at that time.  I was gonna elder melder it, but since G Rank is coming out ad the end of the year I may save it up for then.

7 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Just got it but I've been playing a little bit here and there.

[picture]

Peach is actually a cosmic void entity.

Bowser was trying to save the Mushroom Kingdom world this entire time.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, QT Melon said:

Protip on the Mosswine event. Flash the hell out of them and use stones. You can also use paralysis. Friend and I were vouchering ours solo so we could get that 108k per run. I need it less than him since I am over 10 mil in zenny.  Dunno when it will be back up since I noticed it was a very short event. I guess it was their version of year of the Boar lol. A Shame.

Sorry to hear that about the KT lobby, they may have accidentally created their group without the password at first, and had to be an asshole to you.  In all honesty though if they want to do that they should just make their own session since my friends and I are pretty much able to single siege it, in about 2 runs. I know the meta is gathering all the tracks and stuff to up the pursuit level then breaking all her parts to get her to fury.

Looks like KT will be done today though since it's that time...I'm sure the Admiral is reminded of it ;)

I have multiples of other decorations and can solo my hunts in about 5 minutes or  less. If it's higher its because I'm usually messing around or making something to eat at that time.  I was gonna elder melder it, but since G Rank is coming out ad the end of the year I may save it up for then.

Yeah, flashing the pigs helps immensely. Just have to watch out for the blind charging. Maybe they'll bring it back for the next festival, but since it was for New Year's I'm not holding my breath. I kinda wonder what they would have used if it had been a different animal in the Chinese zodiac, though xD

I'd seen that same group go into the siege several times without the passcode. It wasn't until someone else (i.e., me) tried to join that they locked it. Pure assholery. That person wanted only the same three people to go in with them and locked it to keep anyone from "intruding".

I can't solo KT, and my friends aren't on enough to try doing it on our own. So I join random lobbies and grab tracks, then break all her shit. Better rewards for breaking all KT's shit. This is the first time that I've seen her shell broken off in phase 2 though. And yup, she's gone until probably the Appreciation Fest likely next month. It'll be ATKT again, though; the developer update implied that normal non-tempered KT is extinct and we'll only be getting the arch tempered version now. Not that she's much harder than the original.

I'm not a speedrunner or any kind of gaming pro, so I'm not the fastest. I prefer it that way, though. My very first tempered kirin solo run took me just a hair over 11 minutes today.

17 hours ago, Cyberra said:

Yeah, flashing the pigs helps immensely. Just have to watch out for the blind charging. Maybe they'll bring it back for the next festival, but since it was for New Year's I'm not holding my breath. I kinda wonder what they would have used if it had been a different animal in the Chinese zodiac, though xD

I'd seen that same group go into the siege several times without the passcode. It wasn't until someone else (i.e., me) tried to join that they locked it. Pure assholery. That person wanted only the same three people to go in with them and locked it to keep anyone from "intruding".

I can't solo KT, and my friends aren't on enough to try doing it on our own. So I join random lobbies and grab tracks, then break all her shit. Better rewards for breaking all KT's shit. This is the first time that I've seen her shell broken off in phase 2 though. And yup, she's gone until probably the Appreciation Fest likely next month. It'll be ATKT again, though; the developer update implied that normal non-tempered KT is extinct and we'll only be getting the arch tempered version now. Not that she's much harder than the original.

I'm not a speedrunner or any kind of gaming pro, so I'm not the fastest. I prefer it that way, though. My very first tempered kirin solo run took me just a hair over 11 minutes today.

I'm no speedrunner by any means, I just do a lot of stun locking solo since Bow is second nature for me.

But I am not sure if you're on PS4 because there is a PSN community I am on it, though I'm sure I have my PS4 Profile up somewhere (I need to set my permissions back now that they fixed that character bug that would crash systems)

16 hours ago, QT Melon said:

I'm no speedrunner by any means, I just do a lot of stun locking solo since Bow is second nature for me.

But I am not sure if you're on PS4 because there is a PSN community I am on it, though I'm sure I have my PS4 Profile up somewhere (I need to set my permissions back now that they fixed that character bug that would crash systems)

Nope, I'm on Xbox.

I was hunting a tempered barroth for the weekly bounties (needed three brute wyverns, so two Deviljho and a Barroth) and had an uninvited Bagel butt in. I had to capture a video clip; so... many... explosions...

In other news, Kirin is ruing the day I learned to solo her fuzzy ass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Socketosis said:

That bird seems like a terrible but funny nuisance.

Bazel certainly keeps things interesting XP

The Hunt From Hell, though, is when you're after something and both Bazelgeuse and Deviljho are on the map at the same time. They're both guaranteed to butt in. Bazel at least reacts properly to shit pods, but Jho is impossible to get rid of. At least Bazel and Jho have a turf war that damages both equally (only stalemate turf war in the series that I'm aware of) and one or both will scram afterward. Though I will say that it's hilarious watching Jho attempt to bite down on the equivalent of a live grenade with wings

At least that's the least painful way to find out Bazel is on the map xD

I don't leave traps lying around if my target avoids it... MHW won't let you place another trap if one is already down. Several times I've had to run halfway across the map to break a trap I'd placed that my target then avoided because it won't let me place another trap even in another zone. But that does sound hilarious xD

This was pretty funny, too... Happened to me today:

Got another one for the "...wtf, game??" files...

When mounting a monster in-game, you're supposed to be thrown off when it falls. But apparently the game doesn't quite know what to do when something other than a mounted player topples the beast. I mounted this tempered barroth during a two-player hunt, gajalaka started firebombing it, it went down... and I stayed stuck on the side of its head, merrily stabbing away. You can see me leap onto its back and continue stabbing, entirely horizontal. Seriously, game.

Ahh, alas I do not have a video of my own favourite WTF Monster Hunter moment, but I can describe it. I was facing off against a Tobi-Kadachi, fairly early in the game, using the lance. I'd whittled its health down and was facing off against it in its nest. I reckoned I'd finish it off with the cool spear charge attack, so I ran at it from one side of the nest to the other. Would have been great, if it hadn't dodged. I go barrelling straight past it... and without me quite knowing how I did it, my character runs straight up the side of a tree, kicks off, lands on the monster's back and stabs it to death.

• Like 1

I had a funny moment last year while playing with a friend on tempered Bagel. He basically rammed me into a corner,  against some bombs. I expected to cart then, and was yelling in chat "Whoa I'm alive!!!"  with a sliver of HP but I was stunned. I spun my camera to make sure I could get ready to dodge only to notice some Gastrodons headed towards my way.

I need to upload the video of that.

• 1 month later...

Rimworld is surprisingly addictive. A friend gifted me it and forming a colony and trying to survive on such a rough planet is really fun. Preparing for all sorts of terrors, handling whatever comes your way...its great. Its a good storyteller too. Finally feel like I'm getting the Dwarf Fortress experience but in a game with a UI that doesn't make me want to die.

On my own adventures, Bodyguard Gee of the Republic of Weebs in Kitty Town, whom of which is incapable of being social, threw a party after the local nurse successfully groomed a prisoner into joining our colony.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Skyrim Special Edition (Again) but with the CC survival mod.

Anything north of Whiterun will have the weather kicking your ass. The further it is,  the more of a logistics nightmare it becomes. Very bad fights eat up your potions,  which in turn make you rely on food (which you will need) or restoration magic (which draws out fights). 

8 hours ago, Silo said:

Skyrim Special Edition (Again) but with the CC survival mod.

Anything north of Whiterun will have the weather kicking your ass. The further it is,  the more of a logistics nightmare it becomes. Very bad fights eat up your potions,  which in turn make you rely on food (which you will need) or restoration magic (which draws out fights). 

*googles CC survival mod*
"fast travel turned off"

That's dedication lol. I hope you're having fun though! It can be really fun to roleplay in these sorts of games and I imagine survival stuff where you have to pay attention to hunger and weather can make it feel more immersive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing quite a multitude of games. I don't think I've ever actually posted in this thread, but I've been playing, in no particular order:

• TES: Oblivion
  • Soul Calibur 5 (Been playing it since 2018. I like to mod it.)
  • The Sims 3
  • The Sims 1
  • Monster Rancher 2
  • Meet the Robinsons (Yes, it has a game, and yes I bought it. It's not bad but I haven't gotten far in it yet.)
  • Spyro 2 & 3
  • LSD Dream Emulator (Bought off the Japanese PSN like a weeb)
  • Tekken 6
  • Minecraft

Yes, I am still using a PS3 in 2021. Fight me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...