Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

Super Robot Wars Alpha

Stage 1: Vanishing Trooper

Protag Ryoto (Hückebein MK II) Fighting against Yazan (Gaplant) with his lackeys.

Next turn Quattro (red Rick dias), Roberto & Apolly (black Rick dias, there's two of them), Reccoa (Methuss) and Henken (Argama)

Quattro and Ryoto beats Yazan in two hits and then he runs away, And MC joins Quattro and his team.

1.png

1.1.png

1.2.png

1.3.png

1.4.png

1.5.png

1.6.png

1.7.png

FRACT OSC

one of them exploration games in which you play with synthesizers and there's actually a few puzzles so I'm hesitant to really call it a walking simulator

sound design is really great; visual design is very stylized, not a fan of the scan lines that are always on the screen though

I noticed that I had Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition sitting in my library. Apparently they gave it to anyone with the standard game, so that's a pretty nice gesture. Decided to install it and play it through on the highest difficulty. I've often shied away from doing that, thinking the frustration would ruin the experience, but I'm finding the contrary to be true. Getting your ass handed to you by a mini-boss, only to rethink your approach and obliterate the bastard is incredibly satisfying. And visual upgrades to the game are pretty nice, too. Better lighting and certainly much better textures. 

10 minutes ago, Kaedal said:

I noticed that I had Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition sitting in my library. Apparently they gave it to anyone with the standard game, so that's a pretty nice gesture. Decided to install it and play it through on the highest difficulty. I've often shied away from doing that, thinking the frustration would ruin the experience, but I'm finding the contrary to be true. Getting your ass handed to you by a mini-boss, only to rethink your approach and obliterate the bastard is incredibly satisfying. And visual upgrades to the game are pretty nice, too. Better lighting and certainly much better textures. 

Have fun with the Deposed King

• Like 1

My current obsession by far is Rainbow Six Siege. I normally care nothing for competitive FPS games because I generally just lack the reflexes since they're super fast paced and failing horribly at them makes me not want to try. I love this game though because it's so much more tactical than the rest. My slightly horrible reflexes are forgiven when I can outsmart the enemy and get the jump on them. I mean, I still have to shoot at some point so I do eventually die, but it's much less often than if I were to play CoD or CS or really any other PVP shooter.

I also poked at the new 7 Days to Die update a bit last night. Melee is now even more of a bitch, but that's my only complaint and overall all changes made were excellent. Still a really good game and I might play that more than I have been since I'm sick of single player R6S and can't play MP while at work, so something needs to fill that void. My first 20 levels were single player alone and I'm quite tired of it now because of that. The AI isn't as predictable as in most games, but still enough so that it's extremely repetitive after a while, especially once you get used to each map.

19 minutes ago, Kinare said:

My current obsession by far is Rainbow Six Siege. I normally care nothing for competitive FPS games because I generally just lack the reflexes since they're super fast paced and failing horribly at them makes me not want to try. I love this game though because it's so much more tactical than the rest. My slightly horrible reflexes are forgiven when I can outsmart the enemy and get the jump on them. I mean, I still have to shoot at some point so I do eventually die, but it's much less often than if I were to play CoD or CS or really any other PVP shooter.

That's actually one of the reasons I like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. I mean, I CAN play fast paced, but I don't really like to most of the time. Those games are basically dead online unless you like playing with Russians, though. Single player is still the better part of them, though.

3 minutes ago, ChaosCalix said:

That's actually one of the reasons I like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. I mean, I CAN play fast paced, but I don't really like to most of the time. Those games are basically dead online unless you like playing with Russians, though. Single player is still the better part of them, though.

I have Shadow of Chernobyl and have been meaning to play it and get the other games in the series if that goes well, looks like lots of fun, but some other game always gets in the way. ><

Just now, Kinare said:

I have Shadow of Chernobyl and have been meaning to play it and get the other games in the series if that goes well, looks like lots of fun, but some other game always gets in the way. ><

SoC and Call of Pripyat are worth your time. IMO? Skip Clear Sky. That thing is an unstable, buggy mess from what I've heard... It can be great when it works right, but I haven't heard of that many people getting it to work right. CoP is my favourite... even if it is really easy to break the economy through artifact hunting (if you know what you're doing, anyway)

On 10/20/2015 at 4:20 PM, Kaizy said:

Just finished playing through Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage with my roommate this weekend. It was pretty fun, and I enjoyed getting to play a sequel I hadn't gotten to play when I was a kid. Some of the weird mini-game things they introduced in the second one were kinda fucking weird and I didn't care for them.

I'm considering on picking up Spyro 3 next, but I heard it gets more gimmicky than 2, and I dunno if I really want to. I might just move on to getting Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm on a nostalgic game binge right now.

The third one is pretty okay, and it's one of the best out of the early PS1 series. The newer stuff for after that gets sucky.

Playing jade empire since I got it free last weekend from origin.

3 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

Just finished beyond two souls on ps4. That was good. I kinda want to go and repeat the whole in chronological format this time. 

Chronological format? I... know very little about the game, but that sounds like some time travel hocus pocus. 

2 hours ago, Kaedal said:

Chronological format? I... know very little about the game, but that sounds like some time travel hocus pocus. 

The story telling in the game was originally meant to shift focus to different points in her life. Starting off as adult in one chapter then going back to a kid in the next then teen after that and so on and shit. In the ps4 version, there's an option that Ye can play where Ye go through the game chronologically from child to adult. 

• Like 1