Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

KSP

Attempt 1: critical failure, pilot survived

Attempt 2: reached 2000m, pilot returned safely

Attempt 3: reached upper atmosphere, mission aborted early due to overheating 

Attempt 4: escaped planet's gravity, pilot lost due to lack of fuel

Attempt 5: escaped planet's gravity, pilot returned safely, no signs of previous pilot

/Log

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

So you're building nuke launchers in the shape of memes and launching them all simultaneously so that they get nuked by memes?

:3c

Pfffft, close. I built heavy artillery installations in the shape of a wiener. :v hehe

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

OH MY GOD! That game looks badass!!!

That's just Course battle. EXVSF removed it (which it got brought back.) Extreme force has awful defend your tower like missions so that's awful.

That and it has a big backlash among the Japanese fanbase because

-It's on PSV or PSTV

-They removed half the roster for Greco, IBO and t.m revolution customs (They're slowly bringing them back as free dlc)

- No opening/ending/insert songs (Game supports custom songs)

-Lack of button configure. (This is fixed)

-No online

-They removed Course battle and Free battle. (they're back)

-Gundam Barbatos (1st form and 4th form) and Destiny Gundam (Heine) were day 1 dlc (They're free now.)

So, I decided to try out Stellaris

Honestly? The more I play of it, the more I realize how broken and frankly bad the game is. The AI is retarded, your sector AI is busted, the game forces you TO use sectors exacerbating the previous issue, and for every feature that seems like it has a lot of thought put into it, they always fall flat on their face in practice.

Maybe it'll be better WAY down the line, but right now, the game gives a good first impression then continues to fail non-stop after that.

I got back into the Darius games really fiercely. I love this franchise. So beautiful and majestic. I love the unique aquatic bosses and the lovingly eccentric musical scores from Zuntata. These games were so magical man. 

On 6/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, SirRob said:

I played the first level of Sonic Lost World, and I was like, wow, this is fun, I love this! And then I stopped

LMAO Yeah, that game handled weird. I don't blame you. Surprisingly the 3DS version has the best control Sonic has ever had in a 3D space. The level design just is trash 8/10 levels which was highly disheartening.

33 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Nah, I still like it. I think it plays fine. The way it plays actually feels similar to Sonic Adventure 2. Feels much better than Heroes or Secret Rings, which are the other 3D Sonics I've played.

Oh I thought you just quit. I still like it a lot. It's not bad, but he feels really odd in this game coming from Generations, Unleashed, Colors, and the Adventure games. Like he turns at really sharp angles and loses all momentum really fast when he jumps. It didn't hurt the game since the levels were built around it, but for Sonic it just felt unnatural at times. But the game's really festive and cute. 'v`

(God I can't wait for that Sonic announcement on Friday...)

Alien Isolation. Ffffuuuuuuuuck is this game boring. Been playing for I don't know how long and so far I've seen the grand amount of 0 xenos. The characters are like ''oooooooo there's a monster about'' but there's no tension since we all know what it's about, so just get the fuck on with it

On 7/17/2016 at 6:52 AM, ChaosCalix said:

So, I decided to try out Stellaris

Honestly? The more I play of it, the more I realize how broken and frankly bad the game is. The AI is retarded, your sector AI is busted, the game forces you TO use sectors exacerbating the previous issue, and for every feature that seems like it has a lot of thought put into it, they always fall flat on their face in practice.

Maybe it'll be better WAY down the line, but right now, the game gives a good first impression then continues to fail non-stop after that.

So basically it has the age old 'Paradox Bugs' problem that every single one of their games has had since forever? :V

1 hour ago, LadyRadarEars said:

So basically it has the age old 'Paradox Bugs' problem that every single one of their games has had since forever? :V

More or less. But the game also enforces the use of systems that are clearly broken (unless you use mods to make those systems completely irrelevant if possible). It's also an incredibly shallow 4X game, AND a shallow grand strategy... So... heh. I fail to see why anyone with critical thought would defend the game.

What pisses me off is that Paradox Fanboys give them a free pass because it's "expected" of them. No. Fuck you guys. Complacent gamers that are happy to be served shit are a large part of WHY we keep getting given shit.

3 hours ago, 6tails said:

IIRC there was a bug that made it so the alien itself simply didn't spawn some times. They should've patched that issue by now, but if not, starting a new game usually fixes it. You should encounter a xeno pretty early on.

Truth be told I'm still at the start of the game. Gone past that group of survivors right after you meet the crazy bald guy that you become fwends with after he threatens to kill you (lol).

At that point about 30-40 minutes had passed, possibly more and I still didn't see the thing I bought the game for. I'm just comparing this to Dead Space 1 and 2 where instead you were faced with necromorphs within the first 10 minutes. Isolation, so far, tries too hard to be a movie instead of a game and does incredibly annoying things like having to wait for an NPC to open doors, having to follow said NPC in ventilation schafts... It's too scripted. Ah and it tried to jumpscare me once when I saw a running shadow, flipping some shit over. It was funny because I was so close that I could see it disappear literally in front of my eyes. 

Anyway, I'll play some more, see if this improves

Edit: To be exact, I played 57 minutes, and still no xenos lol

Just now, 6tails said:

You're not quite at the xeno part just yet that I remember!

Ughhhh really?? Wow. They should call this Human: Isolation instead. The xeno part better be good if I'm being made to wait this fucking long for it

Regardless, thanks for the heads up

Just finished Halo 3 and I'm about to start Halo 4. I enjoyed the hell out of it though I still despise the vehicle segments, mostly because I suck at driving and every little bump causes you to flip over. That final Warthog run is still fun, though!

I've also been playing a bit of Smash 3DS and MH: Generations, but the latter has proven to be a bit boring because it doesn't feel like a "new" game.

I just started playing Kingdom of Loathing again after an absence of over a year, I certainly missed the gratuitous amounts of puns and references it has...

18 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

More or less. But the game also enforces the use of systems that are clearly broken (unless you use mods to make those systems completely irrelevant if possible). It's also an incredibly shallow 4X game, AND a shallow grand strategy... So... heh. I fail to see why anyone with critical thought would defend the game.

What pisses me off is that Paradox Fanboys give them a free pass because it's "expected" of them. No. Fuck you guys. Complacent gamers that are happy to be served shit are a large part of WHY we keep getting given shit.

I do give them some credit for offering some significant improvements with the first three patches rather than just throwing them into the DLCs, but i guess that really just shows how bare bones it was at the start...

If you want a good space grand strategy/4X game, I would highly recommend Distant Worlds: Universe. Though its graphics are poor, it has significant strategic depth as well as very good AI (including an independent civilian economy that runs itself and builds its own ships), and also an automation system that allows you t hand off various parts of managing your empire to a competent AI. this allows you to play the game you want, doing anything from micromanaging a vast empire to leading a single fleet (and if you automate everything, the game can even effectively play itself...)

• Like 2

Monkey island 2: Lechuck's revenge, special edition 

pretty fun so far but god dammit is it hard to complete most of these puzzles without using s walkthrough, I'm not bad at point n click games its just that in this game you gotta explore 3 different islands at a time instead of just one so it gets pretty hard to figure out most of the puzzles since you have to keep traveling between the islands.

:D My dream weapon in Borderlands has appeared!

PEARL%20SERPENS_zpst0ansco1.jpg

On my 92nd run at the Crimson Armory, this gorgeous thing appeared in a chest :D I'm so happy. This is the pearlescent I really wanted.

I'm not done with the Crimson Armory, though. The same stubbornness I get when I hunt shiny pokemon has kicked in. Ajax is being stingy but I am damned and determined to get that Ogre from him. And while I now have four different pearls (the Bessie sniper, the Undertaker rocket launcher, the Avenger combat rifle, and now the Serpens assault rifle), there are twelve in total. Also, I am looking for the elusive Draco legendary, which due to a glitch spawns as a green, blue, or purple Glorious Massacre or Machine Gun instead of the orange legendary it really is, so every incendiary AR I see is being very closely scrutinized.

4 hours ago, 6tails said:

Good god, I have yet to get ANY pearlescent weaponry. I need to get a couple of people to join up with me and do a few armory runs.

I have seven, actually... Found three Bessie snipers and two Avenger combat rifles. Want one? I only carry one of each around with me and the others are in my bank at the Underdome. I don't want to sell them; I'd rather someone treasure them. The Bessie is awesome against Crawmerax. With a COM that increases weapons damage and points into damage-increasing skills it can dish out close to 12k damage.

If you're playing on xbox, not PC or PS3/4, that is

The other day I stumbled on a mobile game called Motor World: Car Factory. It is surprisingly fun and easy to progress in it. You run a car factory, and you can find and make new cars through crafting, leveling up, or special events.

Am I seriously sucked into a mobile game? What is wrong with me?

I picked up Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U earlier in the month and I've been totally absorbed by it. I've been considering getting all of the DLC... Unfortunately the DLC doesn't offer any new stages or music, just characters and challenges, so I'm worried about it feeling repetitive. I'm not feeling it yet because I haven't gone through the whole game yet, but I know repetitive gameplay is a big reason why people don't like Musou games. I'll have to see how I feel once I finish the Adventure Mode.

11 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I picked up Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U earlier in the month and I've been totally absorbed by it. I've been considering getting all of the DLC... Unfortunately the DLC doesn't offer any new stages or music, just characters and challenges, so I'm worried about it feeling repetitive. I'm not feeling it yet because I haven't gone through the whole game yet, but I know repetitive gameplay is a big reason why people don't like Musou games. I'll have to see how I feel once I finish the Adventure Mode.

I put a lot of time into Hyrule Warriors. Probably a few hundred hours since it came out and I still go back every now and again. It's the only Muso game I've ever played so I think that was a lot of it. It's a fun game to play while listening to podcasts or something.

2 hours ago, Luca said:

I put a lot of time into Hyrule Warriors. Probably a few hundred hours since it came out and I still go back every now and again. It's the only Muso game I've ever played so I think that was a lot of it. It's a fun game to play while listening to podcasts or something.

It's my first as well. If I do get the dlc this will easily get into the hundred-hour mark for me. I don't think it's possible to clear everything much faster considering how many challenges there are and how much managing/grinding you have to do. I haven't checked how much time I've spent on the game but I'm sure it's been over 20 hours.

15 hours ago, SirRob said:

It's my first as well. If I do get the dlc this will easily get into the hundred-hour mark for me. I don't think it's possible to clear everything much faster considering how many challenges there are and how much managing/grinding you have to do. I haven't checked how much time I've spent on the game but I'm sure it's been over 20 hours.

Yeah I just keep poking away at the game in short bursts. It had a ridiculous amount of content even before the DLCs