Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

2 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Picked up this puppy.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

I used to play the first one on my aunt's computer as a young'n. Owned the second one (still have it). Currently playing the first one, it's amusingly outdated.

What is this from?

Phantasy Star Online 2.

(Yikes, I forgot how cringey that level's music is. Forgot I have my ingame stuff turned off. lol)

• 1 month later...

I just finished Star Wars Dark Forces a couple weeks ago. Being that it's a mid 90's game the graphics were Doom/Wolfenstein level, but playable.

Now I'm on Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Where the graphics are about the level of Unreal Tournament or Quake, and look way better than DF1. I can actually run it in full resolution which is impressive.

However, this game came out when game studios thought it was a good idea to use live action and in-house staff actors for the cut scenes, which means the cut scenes are somewhat badly acted and campy as hell.

I've been playing angry birds 2 for some time now and may now give up as the loophole I used to avoid the pay to win BS got closed.

It's so much like a glorified slot machine (psychologists call this a Skinner box) I can tell when it won't let me win, when it wants me to win, and when it will only let me win if I watch a ad.

Every time I used the loophole I loved to imagine someone at rovio  banging their head on a desk and swearing in Finnish.

It's been 5 years since I last picked it up, but I remembered I never beat this random RPG from Sega on the DS called Sands of Destruction. 
It seems like the game was super slept on, but even with random battles and turn based combat, I remembered enjoying it a lot. Still do really. And I like the character designs quite a bit. Just nice well rounded looks. 

I like this dude's hat.

agan-mardrus-sands-of-destruction-93.8.j

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

It's been 5 years since I last picked it up, but I remembered I never beat this random RPG from Sega on the DS called Sands of Destruction. 
It seems like the game was super slept on, but even with random battles and turn based combat, I remembered enjoying it a lot. Still do really. And I like the character designs quite a bit. Just nice well rounded looks. 

I like this dude's hat.

agan-mardrus-sands-of-destruction-93.8.j

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

dude's

......Japan.

Tyranny (Gotta have an outlet for it since I won't be a mod now :Y)

It's a fantastic isometric RPG with a rich world and interesting choices where you play a sort of adjudicator in the "Evil Overlord's" empire in a newly conquered territory (that you help conquer through character creation) tasked with crushing an upstart rebellion. It has a brutal tone without becoming comically-evil.

• Like 1

This chick in this Fire Emblem game I'm playing is fucking ruthless. All her daughter wanted was for her mom to finally hug and love her and hold her hand from time to time. Instead her mom ordered this guy to assassinate her. Said she's human refuse and trash worth more dead than alive.

That's not very nice, mom. Q~Q

Speaking of ruthless video game villains, the bad guy from LISA does not fuck around. So far he held one of my team mates hostage and spared his life in exchange for one of my arms, and force fed me drugs in front of my teenage daughter until I passed out.

Well I am currently bouncing around 3 games.

Final Fantasy XIV - I finished all the raid content, my group is now just farming it for the weekly

Final Fantasy XV - Despite its flaws, I still enjoy playing it to wind down

Horizon Zero Dawn - Currently I'm spending the most time in this game. It's beautiful. I'm extremely impressed with the Decima Engine, because the game doesn't stutter and is graphically impressive. I felt invested in the main character and enjoy trying different ways to take down machines.

Included are screenshots of my current games because I really enjoy that feature on PS4. I love how insane the color palette became in a fight in FFXV, looking like No Man's Sky. Horizon's Opening Screen reminds me of Journey (the mountain).

16522152_10210507551779075_1548998599_o.jpg

16586805_10210507551739074_1320430005_o.jpg

17101856_10210729411885439_1052536100_n.jpg

17101663_10210729411565431_2139123229_n.jpg

17105375_10210729411325425_1266610566_n.jpg

C3k8XG6UkAE7BdH.jpg large.jpg

Not quite a trophy you can mount on the wall, though.

I made a character in Terraria to use ranged weapons and solo-killed the weed queen Plantera in the underground jungle. Tomorrow I take on Duke Fishron over at the ocean. I'm on a mission to collect all the boss trophies... After I get Duke Fishbreath I'll just need Pumpking and Mourning Wood from the Pumpkin Moon event and Santa-NK1, Everscream, and Ice Queen from the Frost Moon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Jade Empire cause I remember loving it as a kiddo.

It amazes me how badly it runs. My computer can do The Witcher 3 at max graphic settings, but this 12 year old game stutters and freezes constantly.

Thanks Bioware.

Just discovered that there's a SM64 rom hacking community. I don't know why I never looked into this considering the fact that I've played SMW rom hacks and have even messed around with some SM64 mapping software as a kid, but whatevs. New hobby.

1 hour ago, mapache said:

Just discovered that there's a SM64 rom hacking community. I don't know why I never looked into this considering the fact that I've played SMW rom hacks and have even messed around with some SM64 mapping software as a kid, but whatevs. New hobby.

You should look into Mario 64 Star Road and while it's not really that fun, Second Impact is really impressive.

20 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

You should look into Mario 64 Star Road and while it's not really that fun, Second Impact is really impressive.

Oh yeah, Star Road is the one I just started playing yesterday! Cool stuff. I'll take a look at Second Impact as well.

Do you know of any hacks that feature difficult/precise platforming rather than the more traditional style of level design? I'm not amazing at the game, but I do like that sort of thing.

26 minutes ago, mapache said:

Oh yeah, Star Road is the one I just started playing yesterday! Cool stuff. I'll take a look at Second Impact as well.

Do you know of any hacks that feature difficult/precise platforming rather than the more traditional style of level design? I'm not amazing at the game, but I do like that sort of thing.

Star Road gets to that point. I am pretty sure there is a Kaizo Mario 64 hack (not named Kaizo, but is a Kaizo).

• 2 weeks later...

Got my hands on a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters.

This game is fucking hysterical with the amount of freedom you get. Like, the part in the intro where you're faced with the moral dilemma of a little kid getting bullied, and you can either be diplomatic about it or fucking deck them in the mouth.

It even lets you kick the shit out of kids as an adult.