Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

9 hours ago, axelthefox said:

I wonder if anyone ever found all the stones of barenziah in Skyrim?

Cause seems one place,you can no longer pickpocket the key from the fletcher in Solitude to get into Proudspire Manor.

*raises hand* I found them all. I also found the crown, finished the quest, and got the Prowler's Profit effect. I'm now absolutely swimming in gems. I'd be an extremely rich Dovah-kitty if I were to sell them all rather than hoarding them.

To get Proudspire you have to do the usual job for the Jarl, then eventually you can buy the property through Falk Firebeard up at the Blue Palace. Will cost you 25k gold, though.

I should have known better than to think elaborate plans would hold up in The Zone.

I was doing that mission where you hunt a Chimera (think a cross between a mountain lion and a shaved bear, with the speed and agility of the former, the strength and shaved-ness of the latter, and the heads of both) in Yanov near the ventilation complex, so I bought a flare gun (added by SWM; fired straight up, it illuminates a huge area) and an M249 SAW (also added by SWM) and camped out on top of one of the buildings, planning to fire off the flare so the Chimera couldn't hide and then bury it under machinegun fire.

Soon as I let off the flare the damn thing turned around and ran off to the Parking Lot so I had to chase it down and shoot it in the brain with the M79.

Nascar Heat 2 and Assetto Corsa until GT Sport releases.

Driving ovals is pretty cool, given that most of the time touching either the curbs or the wall is death. The high-line is useful, but it's terrifying enough to keep the game fun after each lap. 

Assetto Corsa is driver's hell on a gamepad because the throttle is so sensitive, but apart from that, the drive is satisfying. Also, Nurb is Green Hell Zone.

Fallout 4. It feels like I'm just doing chores at this point in the game though and most of those chores are "find more diddly dang duct tape". I've also been watching my pal play bad shovelware games and like....I never watched Chicken Little but in the game he collects acorns and there's aliens. So there's that.

x3screen00053.thumb.png.a9ab3906918364d0d6a3e7f4c2c49d34.png

I picked up a Panther frigate from the Split for use as my flagship. It's classed as an M7 Frigate and has comparable firepower, but it also has docking bays for 32 fighters, making it work as a light carrier as well. I fly around with two wings of ten Solanos each (the Solano is an M4 medium fighter that can go toe to toe with some M3 heavy fighters; it is a goddamn BEAST), a Teladi Kestrel (fastest ship in the game at 605m/s, used for recon) and an M3+ Eclipse used for vacuuming up all the loot after battles.

Its center of gravity is really far back, though -- around the conning tower, or just forward of the engines. As a result, when I turn, the front end swings around like an interstellar cudgel, and it's not at all uncommon for me to just smack the shit out of some poor bastard that gets too close.

I've started calling it "The Baseball Bat" because of this.

I swapped out the Solano M4s (medium fighters) on my flagship for Aldrin-made Spitfyre M3s -- heavy fighters that GOTTA GO FAST.

The Solano maxed out at about 210m/s, but the Spitfyre tears ass at fucking 452 m/s.

SPACE SANIC.

x3screen00078.thumb.jpg.735c1ce6376dafd22999c60008e87239.jpg

Blue Wing, ten Spitfyres, against a Pirate raiding party. The Pirates got fucking handled, and not just because they were outnumbered 2:1.

x3screen00080.thumb.jpg.11ac494ef81065566ba8a97754ffb412.jpg

Returning to the flagship after a successful sortie.

I ventured into Xenon Sector 347 and picked a fight.

x3screen00089.thumb.png.6afd0caed5efb7d0876c329d9d0179ef.png

Brought my QRF force (a single Titan destroyer and two Cerberus frigates) to handle the station.

Didn't go very well though, because Qs kept warping in. Didn't lose anything though, thankfully.

The Xenon Q is broken as fuck, it's already a bastard face-to-face but when the game simulates activity in the sector while you're away (OOS, or Out of Sector, simulation) they're the most bullshit ship in the game; the only ship guaranteed to survive an OOS salvo from a Q is the Terran Osaka destroyer.

Tried an interesting free little shooter called Nokbak. Play as a bunch of anthro triceratops with 3 different weapons in a sporting event trying to knock each other off the stage Smash Bros style. It's a good concept, but it's really clunky and needs some serious updates before I'd jump back in. Seems like it'd be fun to get good at.

A few days ago I started a new save in X3TC because I wanted to recapture the early-game "space trucker" feeling, complete with redneck-ass Rebel Galaxy soundtrack in the background.

I've finally gotten a TL-class super freighter so now I can print money by hiring it out to build stations for NPCs. They all pay you station cost plus tip but sometimes the "tip" is several times the value of the station -- last night I took a job to set up a station that cost me 300k CR for the kit, and I got paid 1.7M CR for the job ._.

So I'm cozying up with various pirates in this new X3TC playthrough in the hopes that they won't fuck with me or my ships, and it's working quite well so far.

I'm cracking up imagining the looks on the Yaki's faces when I strolled unannounced into their supposedly secret sector with two TLs and a dozen freighters and shat out nearly a dozen different factories.

Had my first combat casualty in X3.

I sent Blue Squadron to go fuck up an enemy Corvette, which they did with very little trouble. After I issued the recall order, though, Blue 1 smeared himself all over the side of a Gate.

Press F to pay respects.

• 2 weeks later...

...so apparently missile frigates (classed as M7M ingame) in X3 are absofuckinglutely broken as shit. I mean, everyone always said they were, but I didn't realize to what extent.

If kept supplied with enough missiles, a single M7M can delete an entire sector -- including QRF destroyer battlegroups and stations.

So I bought one and named it "Ctrl+Z".

11 hours ago, axelthefox said:

One thing i wonder is how people are able to finish Skyrim fast. I know it has about 374 quests or such.

I never got all the quests done, but I got the majority of them and all the achievements. XBL chatting with a very impatient person helps speed things up to a degree, too :P

Currently poking at Minecraft: Bedrock Edition again. Some of the controls are weird and I don't like how laggy it gets, even on an Xbox One.

I installed another mod for X3 called Improved Races. It makes it so you (and NPC ships) can claim empty sectors. Moreover, it tweaks AI race relations so that species with historical tension (Split vs Boron, Argon vs Paranid, Everyone vs Terran etc.) will fuck with each other, sending assault fleets to conquer their enemies' territories or deploying defense fleets to repel such incursions.

The Split and Boron have been fucking going at it, they've each sent half a dozen fleets at each other over just the past couple hours.

The Pirates are also just getting owned up and down the galaxy.