Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

I decided to start scavenging in X3 just so I'd have something to do while remotely managing my empire. Bought a Teladi Hawk (added by mod; can carry six subcapital ships) and I stuck four corvettes and two armored transports on it. I hover around near warzones, and then when the dust settles, send the transports in to pick the bones.

• 3 weeks later...

I love doing Zero Dark Thirty shit in STALKER... made a new save since I dumped AO3 for STCOP and I'm poking around in that mill by the railway bridge in Cordon. Late night, pitch black. Hit nightvision and start creeping around. Peer around a corner, two bandits sitting at a campfire. Pull out suppressed M16, pop one in the head. The other tries to run and gets three in the back.

Merry Christmas, сука.

BattleChef Brigade is soooo muuuuch fuuuun. It's like Lumines and Mega Man Zero make this bizarre combination that just fits naturally together. Match-3 puzzles and 2D action combat in one game sounds so weird, but damn is it satisfying and neither takes precedence over the other.

I got back into Terraria, after not touching it since 2014.

Having played for about a week, I've got two worlds so far -- one 'normal' (hard mode unlocked) and one 'expert mode'.

The normal world house looks like shit but I'm quite pleased with the one I built on the expert world:

5a4e67335d629_TheEbonFortress.thumb.png.e54404acd5ea3098218ff05d0b59955a.png

I call it "The Ebon Fortress" -- after Quake 1's E2M4 of the same name (which had similar aesthetics).

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, Victor-933 said:

I got back into Terraria, after not touching it since 2014.

Having played for about a week, I've got two worlds so far -- one 'normal' (hard mode unlocked) and one 'expert mode'.

The normal world house looks like shit but I'm quite pleased with the one I built on the expert world:

5a4e67335d629_TheEbonFortress.thumb.png.e54404acd5ea3098218ff05d0b59955a.png

I call it "The Ebon Fortress" -- after Quake 1's E2M4 of the same name (which had similar aesthetics).

Let me guess... PC or PS4

I'm still impatiently waiting for Terraria 1.3 on Xbox.

Currently farming wither skulls, ghast tears, and mending books in Minecraft: Xbox One edition because if I'm going to have to sync the same world over and over to the Glitchy Together Edition, I want all my damn gear already available.

14 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

PC.

consoles are for nerds

The Onyx Blaster is cracking me the fuck up right now. Especially since it'll one shot damn near anything at point blank range.

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Onyx_Blaster

1.3 was supposed to be out on console by now... It was supposed to be released last July but they kept pushing it back. PS4 got it in early December but we Xbox players are still waiting and a lot of us are really sour about it.

I'm currently farming Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. Already got 3 wither skulls, 14 ghast tears (4 made into ender crystals to respawn the dragon), and a mending book on my Sharp 5 Looting 3 sword.

Had my first Solar Eclipse in Terraria, on my main world. My defenses seem a little overpowered...

105600_20180108061408_1.thumb.jpg.2e7cf24740e888da02178f7c966d81a0.jpg

The ground level doors are actuated blocks with an actuated block drawbridge (updated since this shot was taken to be triggered automatically by day/night sensors, with a manual override switch) over a single lava block (spread out across the bottom of a trench too deep to jump out of) so that it kills things without destroying loot. Under the lava are conveyor belts that push loot towards the castle, where it can be grabbed through the wall, and underneath the conveyors are geysers wired up to a timer and a single master switch, to roast flying enemies (though I've only found three so far, so the western killbox is sub-optimal).

This setup, combined with my Pirate Staff and a Bewitching Table, netted me over 50 gold just in coin drops -- with zero risk to myself.

I'm going to be eagerly awaiting blood moons in Terraria once 1.3 finally arrives... One of the new enemies drops the money trough which summons a flying piggy bank without the need for a platform to place one on. More portable storage besides the safe.

I was grinding presents in Terraria before the Christmas event ended and got two spectral elemental banners... They're going to be legacy items since spectral elementals are console exclusive and 1.3 will be removing them.

Still farming in Minecraft currently. Up to 4 wither skulls, 38 ghast tears (shooting at them with a bow and then immediately switching to a Looting weapon gets the Looting effect, so extra tears), and mending on my sword and my elytra.

4 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I tore Plantera a new asshole -- much more easily than I expected -- and then went through the entire Lihzahrd temple and stole every single trap block and integrated them into my home.

My home is now one giant fucking war crime.

105600_20180112154700_1.thumb.png.3776518d4a5b6280ec99203be562a976.png

You could also use them to build an arena for farming the Pumpkin Moon and later the Frost Moon. Both drop some awesome weapons, like the Horseman's Blade and the raven staff from the Pumpkin Moon and the chain gun, Razorpine, and the North Pole from the Frost Moon. And some cool new trophies for your walls (Mourning Wood and Pumpking, and Santa-NK1, Everscream, and Snow Queen). My ranged character uses the chain gun with a modifier for crit strike damage and it wrecks Duke Fishbreath

4 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

105600_20180119175449_1.thumb.png.ccf4891e45ea20f3e81813c1072d531f.png

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Final wave of the Pumpkin Moon. It goes by points at that point and all that spawns is boss tier mobs... Pumpking, Mourning Wood, and the Headless Horseman. That's why you want an automated arena with as many traps as you can pack into it. If you managed to get a Horseman's Blade to drop from that chaos, reforge it to have a Legendary modifier and build an AFK room with slime, jellyfish, bat, and crab spawn statues in it, then weigh down your attack key and let it go. The sword summons pumpkins that home in on and attack enemies for you, the hits from the things spawning from the statues gives you that constant few seconds of invincibility, and the traps/lava layer take care of the Mourning Woods and Headless Horsemen. Your AFK room should also have honey in it to give you constant health regen. Once you reach the final wave, it doesn't end until the sun rises.

Last time I farmed the Pumpkin Moon, myself and two other people in a special arena, I came out of it with 17 Mourning Wood trophies and 19 Pumpking trophies. We had two dozen Pumpkings on the screen at the same time at one point. If you have other people farming with you, you all want to have Paladin's Shields because it splits the damage between everybody. Therefore no one takes an ass-ton of damage at once. You also want to have every buff potion you can get (regen, ironskin, rage, etc). And turrets, like the Staff of the Frost Hydra, and minions. The sharknado from Duke Fishface, the deadly sphere staff from the solar eclipse (or was it the Blood Moon?) or the stardust dragon if you have it. You want to dish out as much DPS as quickly as possible while taking as little damage as you can. Get all the banners from everything that drops them to help with the dishing out of damage.

If you go ranged, use the flying saucer mount since it can outrun the pumpkings. Then shoot the shit out of them with chlorophyte (homing) bullets and a rapid-fire gun. The chain gun or the SDMG if you've beaten the Moon Lord and gotten him to drop it.

Be warned: the Frost Moon is worse. You really want an arena for that one. Trust me on that.

15 hours ago, Cyberra said:

snip

meanwhile I just sat on the floor with a Godly Solar Eruption swinging straight up and I killed shit so fast that the hearts they dropped kept me alive

I don't even remember how much shit I got out of it because I just vendor all of it except for a single item of each. I did get nearly every single possible drop on the first time through though. I usually end up with like 5 plat each run.

And yes I know how much of a bitch the Frost Moon is because I tried that before the Pumpkin Moon. I don't usually die during the Frost Moon, I just can't kill shit quickly enough. Fucking Ice Queen bitch wastes the most time.

8 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

meanwhile I just sat on the floor with a Godly Solar Eruption swinging straight up and I killed shit so fast that the hearts they dropped kept me alive

I don't even remember how much shit I got out of it because I just vendor all of it except for a single item of each. I did get nearly every single possible drop on the first time through though. I usually end up with like 5 plat each run.

And yes I know how much of a bitch the Frost Moon is because I tried that before the Pumpkin Moon. I don't usually die during the Frost Moon, I just can't kill shit quickly enough. Fucking Ice Queen bitch wastes the most time.

Yeah, the ice queen is the worst XP She keeps darting away and hovering out of range to shoot crap at you

I don't have the Solar Eruption. 1.3 still has not hit Xbox. I have to make do with 1.2.4 weapons, armor, and tactics. We have no mounts with infinite flight and the best melee weapon I have, a godly flairon, doesn't go through blocks. The legendary scythe I got in the underworld does, but it has a more limited range

Titanfall 2

Pretty fun with the single player campaign, although the parkour puzzle shit kinda got annoying at times. Also even though the game revolves around the pilot of a mech, the first levels usually make some contrived plot point where he has to spend most of his time out of the mech for that level, which was annoying cause I just wanted to walk around blowing shit up in a mech.

Multiplayer I have only played a little bit but found it's filled with way too many 10 year olds who are loud and annoying as fuck on their mics.

Battlefield 1

I like the whole intro level of this where it's like "This is war, and most people didn't live very long" and then you play a bunch of characters all of whom eventually die in the battle. Played through the tank missions which was fun. May try the biplane levels next.

I am so happy this game exists, though. So much in the gaming and movie world is focused on WWII even though I thought the first world war had more interesting equipment... Biplanes and triplanes, the tanks of that war, spy balloons, zeppelins, trench warfare, railroad guns. And I think it's great that you get to play a campaign with a British tank and another campaign with a biplane. There isn't enough WWI airplane games either.

Tried some multiplayer and kept getting my ass kicked. The copy I'm playing is console, I borrowed it from a friend, so if I decide to buy it I will probably get it for PC because I have so much trouble aiming with a controller. Mouse and keyboard all the way.

• 1 month later...

While I still play FFXIV, my involvement has decreased a lot since I have work, and the fact, 4 years playing and feeling the content is stale.

Enjoying Monster Hunter a lot, there's much more progression in how they do gear which is what I like. I still think the controls are a bit on the convoluted side but I'm getting better at it little by little. A lot of the friends I made on FFXIV are playing Monster Hunter too and trying to make a squad so people will have more fun doing other things besides FF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still enjoying Monster Hunter World. I really enjoy how it feels like a living world. I tried Monster Hunter World 3 on my 3Ds and I can see how much more streamlined things are, and well...comfortable on 3Ds it's a painful experience, even if I went and got the extension for the other analog stick, it just doesn't feel comfortable to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Got Monster Hunter World. Now going through the usual "clumsy as hell while figuring out the controls and game mechanics" phase.

Also having fun with phase one of the Update Aquatic for Minecraft, and still plowing through Dead Island to get my Sam B up to lvl 50.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been participating in the Kulve Taroth siege event in Monster Hunter: World. For non-hunters, it's 4 teams of 4 players going up against a large elder dragon named Kulve Taroth in an area (Caverns of El Dorado) that are inaccessible except during this event. The point is to break off her crest, the crystallized gold that covers her back, and then her horns. At which point she runs away and the quest ends.

Note that I said teams.

I was up to pursuit level 6 (the highest level) and joined someone else's quest to go after her for the last time. They and me teleported to the area, with the expectation that other players would join us. It wasn't the first time just two have gone in to start and then others have joined in. So we got to the area, I jump down and start chasing Kulve Taroth...

...and it isn't until I'm already in combat with her that I realize the other guy had withdrawn immediately after the cutscene, leaving me alone against a boss that is not meant for solo fights.

I was already in too deep to back out, and I didn't know if I would lose my chance at the top-tier rewards or not. So I continued. Two other players started to join, but then pulled out again, so it was just me and my palico against a boss meant for team fights. I chased Kulve Taroth through the tunnels to the first arena, ran in and shot at her until she chased me, then backed off while still shooting until she stopped and turned back. Continued until I wore her down enough that she went down to the second area, a room full of lava pools. Continued shooting and backing off, went through almost all my ammo till I got to the sleep ammo. Didn't even noticed I'd run out of piercing and started using sleep until the battle music stopped and she started stumbling. Ducked around her while she was staggering, planted two mega barrel bombs in her face when she collapsed, and blew her crest off. Got a 2% golden glimstone jewel from carving it.

The fight continued. She finally fainted me for the first time (players get three faints. third faint is a fail) with her fire breath, so once I got back to base camp I restocked on ammo and headed back down. Was running through the shortcut to the first arena when I got the message that she escaped. Bitch dragon decided to run away.

The part that pisses me off the most is the first guy withdrawing immediately, and then the other two starting to join but withdrawing. Kulve Taroth is meant to be fought in teams and she is damn hard to fight even with a team; there's no guarantee of success. But they left me alone to fight her.

Screw online gaming. People are crap.

so I started a new playthrough of X3 and was being more or less a pacifist trader.. my first kill was another ship rear-ending mine the instant I came through a gate. Betty wasn't even done naming off the sector I'd just entered when all I hear is this loud boom and "WATERS TAKE US! NOOOOOOOO" and suddenly my shields are down to 20%

• 5 months later...