Watcha Playing, Phoenix?

Dr. Doggo

Currently playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, wanting to actually finish the thing before Final comes out.  It's slow goings though.

Just bought Kero Blaster too, so I might fire that up at random times.

Looking forward to playing Yokai Watch whenever that happens.

• Like 1

I tend to play several games at once, I spent a good portion of my life playing MMOs because I was poor and they where basically free games.

been playing Star Wars The Old Republic because fuck yea Star Wars and fuck yea Old Republic era.  story lines are interesting and quest's don't feel too repetitive.

DarkScape is cool, it's a free member's version of RuneScape, but it's got full open world PVP.

I'll play Warframe from time to time because space ninjas

I tend to lean towards Scifi games nowadays, the fantasy setting has gotten a bit boring.

Everything I play is like 20 years old. I'm playing through the translated version of Star Ocean for the Super Famicom. Pretty good game, very good on a technical level. Older RPG mechanics don't bother me.

Edited by Ratical

I just found out that Jet Set Radio is saving properly on Steam for some reason for me so I'm going to start playing the heck out of that. Even though its textures have such little detail the game somehow manages to still look beautiful.

literally why?

1435401786906.jpg

Why wouldn't he? Its got a ton of replayability, so even after he's beaten it he's still got more reason to play it.

Currently playing Shin Megami Tensei IV, wanting to actually finish the thing before Final comes out.  It's slow goings though.

Just bought Kero Blaster too, so I might fire that up at random times.

Looking forward to playing Yokai Watch whenever that happens.

You have the taste of the gods

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

Just finished playing through Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage with my roommate this weekend. It was pretty fun, and I enjoyed getting to play a sequel I hadn't gotten to play when I was a kid. Some of the weird mini-game things they introduced in the second one were kinda fucking weird and I didn't care for them.

I'm considering on picking up Spyro 3 next, but I heard it gets more gimmicky than 2, and I dunno if I really want to. I might just move on to getting Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm on a nostalgic game binge right now.

I'm considering on picking up Spyro 3 next, but I heard it gets more gimmicky than 2, and I dunno if I really want to.

There are more minigames, side activities, and different styles of play due to extra characters. For the most part the game is still pure Spyro like the previous games. Spyro 3, in my opinion, is by far the best of the original trilogy.

As for what I'm playing? SAS: Zombie Assault 4. On my phone. Like a fucking pleb.

DmC: Devil May Cry

This is the first Devil May Cry game I've ever played, and despite everyone saying its bad, I'm having a blast. I'm not too familiar with action games as a genre, but this is right up my alley. Fast paced gun firing sword swinging action with a heavy emphasis on dodging enemy attacks. I love all the little details in the animations too. The game is visually really impressive, and the music fits the tone well. The game is edgy as heck, but I think its kind of amusing.

DmC: Devil May Cry

This is the first Devil May Cry game I've ever played, and despite everyone saying its bad, I'm having a blast. I'm not too familiar with action games as a genre, but this is right up my alley. Fast paced gun firing sword swinging action with a heavy emphasis on dodging enemy attacks. I love all the little details in the animations too. The game is visually really impressive, and the music fits the tone well. The game is edgy as heck, but I think its kind of amusing.

The colored enemies (lol) are one of the biggest problems with the game. The game's supposed to be all about switching between weapons to do stylish combos, and then along come these enemies that you can only use one weapon type against (srsly you can't even use your guns on them)

and that doesn't even make the enemies more challenging it's just annoying

Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It's fun, but the pacing and occasional spikes in difficulty can be a little off putting, leading me to take relatively frequent breaks.

The atmosphere, visuals and game play when it really picks up make it worth it though.

Playing Pokemon Pinball now. That game was the bane of my life as a kid, and I ain't any better now. The only advantage I have over kid-me is actually having more of a grasp on how the game works and how to progress.

Just before I stopped playing all those years ago though I did get an Articuno so that's something I guess. It's such a pointless game. I should do some studying instead.

Edited by Alexxx-Returns

The colored enemies (lol) are one of the biggest problems with the game. The game's supposed to be all about switching between weapons to do stylish combos, and then along come these enemies that you can only use one weapon type against (srsly you can't even use your guns on them)

and that doesn't even make the enemies more challenging it's just annoying

That is literally my only issue with that game. Of all the things, that just... ugh. Very frustrating to deal with, especially when you get in the swing of things. At least you can do some stylish shit against them once you have more than one of each coloured weapon =/

I'm.. only playing Triple Triad on my phone. Taking a break from Undertale before I do my final pacifist run, and have nothing else worth playing on my computer that will actually work.

That is literally my only issue with that game. Of all the things, that just... ugh. Very frustrating to deal with, especially when you get in the swing of things. At least you can do some stylish shit against them once you have more than one of each coloured weapon =/

I'm.. only playing Triple Triad on my phone. Taking a break from Undertale before I do my final pacifist run, and have nothing else worth playing on my computer that will actually work.

Yeah, I think Donte May Cry gets too much shit. I thought it was fun, had some genuinely cool levels (mostly the evil not-Bill o'Reilly boss) and the story was hilariously stupid. Seriously that shit was legitimately entertaining.

That said the aforementioned color thing was complete horseshit though, even if that one blue frisbee thing made the game stupid easy. Also #demons.

• Like 1

i played that game once and during that first time, I played it with rose-tinted glasses and thought it was amazing. Second time around...it was okay but then I realized how far up its own ass it was

worst part

the music is so bad

five people worked on the soundtrack for the game

DON'T QUIT YAH DAY JOB, KIDS

I just finished up with Remember Me. It's... a surprisingly good game. Great ideas, very unique and interesting environment and setting. Bit weird for half the cast in Neo-Paris to speak with a heavily British accent, but that's nitpicking I suppose.

Up next... Resident Evil 4, I think.